June Trip

First time going in June, and probably the last. Extremely hot in the day and down poured almost every night(June 7-12). It also seemed more crowded than our annual August/September trip. My highlight of the trip had to be the Coronado Springs Resort. I've stayed at all the moderates and two of the values, and this was by far my favorite. The views compare to the Boardwalk at night, the buses were never crowded, and while it was slightly more expensive, the food court was by far the best we've experienced. We even made it a point to leave the parks and have dinner at the resort a couple of nights. There was some construction and some conventioners, but it never bothered us in the least. Franciscos bar had free chips and salsa and the CM's in the bar were great. They gave us alot of great tips(and a couple of secrets)and were very friendly(Say hi to Jaime if you go).
We went to Pleasure Island on Monday and it was dead. We figured it was because of the down-pour, but a couple of people said that since Florida went non-smoking, they've been losing alot of business(even though it was Disney's choice). Maybe the Florida residents would know more about that. Went back on Thursday, and I was happy to see it was a little crowded. Jellyrolls never seems to disappoint. It was packed both nights we went there and was a great time.
As far as the parks, as beautiful as ever. But, I hope with all the construction and the new show coming to MGM, they don't get rid of the Backlot Tours ride. It seemed to be shortened a bit and there were very little lines on the ride. Epcot's fireworks were excellent, while the Magic kingdom's, in my opinion, needs a bigger ending. We were waiting for the big finally(sp), and all the people around us started walking out. One last hightlight, the Japanese restaurant in Epcot, where they cook the food in front of you, was amazing. I had the steak and it was great and the bill wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

AEfx

Yeah, June crowds can be tough. Glad you had a good time though! I've been thinking of trying Cornado, and I'm just about sold. What section were you in? Was it close to the busses?

AEfx

mills

Original Poster
We stayed at the Cabanas, 9A building. It's the only smoking building. Cabanas 9B is what everyone recommended to me. It was close to food court and bus stops. The Ranchos section seemed to be the longest walk to the food court, but was closest to the main pool. The Casitas seemed to be closest to the construction of the convention center, so we stayed out of that section.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom