Trip Report June Trip Report - Late

I have not been around for awhile... graduated, went to disney shortly after, then got a new job. Now that I have a tiny bit of time on a slow day of work here I can do a small report. :)

The sad news for this trip was the fact that a Tropical Storm decided it was a perfect time to form while we were there. So the trip down and the first two days at the park were a bit of a adventure:

Starting off, this was a trip with a bunch of teens who had never been before, our local high school band was invited to come with us. So some flew, some drove the day before and stop over night, and some of us (My group) got up super early and drove all day to get there. Trip was 'mostly' uneventful except for the luggage rack on top rattling more, making us stop a few more times than normal to fix it. Once we got to Valdosta however.. we got into range of the storm, and it rained HEAVILY off and on for the rest of the trip, including having to stop at the side of the road once or twice to let it pass.

Finally, we arrived at Pop Century and settled down.

Day 1, Magic Kingdom:
First half of the day went smoothly, while it was a bit busy since it was June, the lines were not all that bad for most of the rides. (Give or take Space Mountain and most of Fantasy Land) - Didn't get to ride Thunder Mountain however, the ride broke down early and stayed down the entire day. The second half however... the tropical storm rolled in and out, soaking the group I was with. (I was ready.. umbrella man!) This lessened the crowd just a bit, but it was still quite busy. The fun/funny thing was, my brother was trying to propose during the trip here... and because of the rain, it was starting to become a problem. Eventually he was able to do it (She said yes) during the Little Mermaid wedding scene.

Day 2, EPCOT:
My most enjoyable park... ruined by a torrent of rain, non stop, for the next 16 hours. The good news was, got to do most of future land, the bad news was... we got so tired of the rain, we didn't get to do the world showcase, Journey into Imagination, and the Living Seas. Also since it was pouring down rain, the NEW test track was down.... I'll just have to ride it for the first time at a later trip. Went back to the hotel to rest up, went back to Epcot later to eat at Canada (Which was amaaaaaaaaazing). Then went to disneyquest shortly after due to all the rain.

Day 3, DHS:
Not a great day, in my opinion, while the rain had ended.. it was Star Wars Weekend. It was my first big disney event... and while everything was kind of cool and the bonus merchendise was fun... the lines were NOT worth it. 2+ hours for star tours, 3+ hours for Rockin' Roller Coaster... the upside was Tower of Terror had a fairly short wait. I left the park early that day and decided it would be a good time to nap and rest up for Animal Kingdom the next day.

Day 4, Animal Kingdom/DTD:
Great day, though I was still exausted from the crowded park the day before. Got to ride almost all the rides I wanted too, Star Wars was pulling the crowds over to DHS so it wasn't too busy, and the family (with my new niece!) got to eat at Tusker House. My little niece had a ball (5 months at the time) and was rather upset when Mickey had to go visit the other families. All and all... a fun day. :)

Conclusion: The trip was fun, though the rain ruining the park I enjoy the most was quite a downer (Epcot). I have plans on going back withen a year or so, after saving up enough money to perhaps visit during a weekend during the off season, to perhaps do a Halloween or food and wine festival trip... we'll see what happends... but good times. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom