june attendance

murphy

Original Poster
how heavy are the crowds the 2nd and 3rd week of june? Are the bearable or unbearable!! What should i prepare myself for?

crazygirley

I was at WDW this past June and it was very crowded. The average time we spent in line for rides was 45 minutes, and we usually waited 15 minutes even with a FastPass. It's hot and sticky in June, and rains almost everyday. However, the parks do stay open longer during the summer months, so that makes up for the long lines, and there aren't many rides closed in the summer, either!

Mateo1721

I was at Disney around that time this year and it was packed.
It wasn't so bad at Epcot or MGM, but MK and AK were really busy.
I stood in line at the HM for almost 1 and a half hours and it was hard to even get around. Animal Kingdom was busy, but tolerable.
Lines weren't that bad.

mickey04

I might go in June as a senior trip. Are the crowds any lighter at the beginning of the month than towards the end?

Thanks, Mike.

crazygirley

Originally posted by mickey04
Are the crowds any lighter at the beginning of the month than towards the end?
I was there for all of June, and no, the crowds only get worse towards July. If you can, go in the first weeks of June, it's a little less crowded, but hardly a differance.

TimeTrip

Speaking of large crowds... i wonder if they're ever gonna do something about the bottleneck between IASM and Peter Pan right by the old skyway station. With all those carriages there, its always a pain to walk through, even on a not-so-busy day.

crazygirley

Originally posted by TimeTrip
Speaking of large crowds... i wonder if they're ever gonna do something about the bottleneck between IASM and Peter Pan right by the old skyway station. With all those carriages there, its always a pain to walk through, even on a not-so-busy day.
OMG! When I was waiting just outside of IASW for my mom, I counted the strollers...there were close to 100 of them, all jumbled together in disarray in the middle of the walkway! What's up with that?

AriBelle23

My family always goes in June and have been going in June for years. We noticed that after the 2nd week is when it gets VERY crowded. The first couple times we went in the very beginning and it didn't seem as bad...but once the 2nd week hits, then its pretty crowded. Also the park hours and added shows don't start taking affect until at least the 2nd week of June. The rain didn't really bother us because it became part of our vacation. the rain ponchos and taking pictures of the sea of yellow rain ponchos that everyone has on. I also love storms, so it's not that big of a deal. Plus the storms/rain only lasts for 20 minutes tops. It's kind of a nice cool down too. :)

mandib

1st week this year wasn't bad. No lines over 45 min I think. lol I just know it wasn't bad but then again we do leave the parks and go home in the middle of the day!

mickey04

Originally posted by AriBelle23
the rain ponchos and taking pictures of the sea of yellow rain ponchos that everyone has on. I also love storms, so it's not that big of a deal. Plus the storms/rain only lasts for 20 minutes tops. It's kind of a nice cool down too. :)
Alas, the sea of yellow ponchos is a thing of the past. :( (they're clear now)

AriBelle23

Originally posted by mickey04
Alas, the sea of yellow ponchos is a thing of the past. :( (they're clear now)

Yeah...they used to be clear a long time ago...but then they changed to yellow...now back to clear. I def prefer the clear ones...but I will miss the sea of yellow. that was always so amusing. lol

Yeah...they used to be clear a long time ago...but then they changed to yellow...now back to clear. I def prefer the clear ones...but I will miss the sea of yellow. that was always so amusing. lol

:snore: What's the big deal with the ponchos???:veryconfu

AriBelle23

Originally posted by Mr.MissionSpace
:snore: What's the big deal with the ponchos???:veryconfu

What do you mean by "big deal?" The reason for changing ponchos back to clear are for safety reasons. It's easier to locate your family members or people from your party if their poncho is see through. I guess that is the "big deal."

mickey04

What do you mean by "big deal?" The reason for changing ponchos back to clear are for safety reasons. It's easier to locate your family members or people from your party if their poncho is see through. I guess that is the "big deal."
Its also the fact that for years the "yellow ponchos" became infamous- EVERYONE was wearing them!! It was a sight you would only see at WDW. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom