June 2019 trip help

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Okay we were planning our trip for June but didn't know about the grad nights in June that make the parks extra crowded. Would the week after the last Grad nite be a good time or should we wait and go the week after the 4th of July. I keep hearing different time that are good to go during the summer.

Phroobar

Are you kidding? The best time to visit the resort is when Star Wars land opens. The place will be deserted because everyone will stay away due to imaginary crowds. It happened at Universal with Potter land.

GiveMeTheMusic

Okay we were planning our trip for June but didn't know about the grad nights in June that make the parks extra crowded. Would the week after the last Grad nite be a good time or should we wait and go the week after the 4th of July. I keep hearing different time that are good to go during the summer.

The best indicator of crowds at DLR, normally, is the annual pass blockout calendar. The more passes are blocked out the better it will be. Of course, Star Wars opening will mean all bets are off, but regardless, choose dates that have as many APs blocked out as possible.

GiveMeTheMusic

Sure it is. I believe it's one of those lies everyone believes to make SWL look like a failure.

Harry Potter at UOR was a gamechanger with crushing crowds when it first opened. By the time it opened at USH, demand had significantly burned off and it did not set the world on fire.

SWGE is the first of its kind, beating the WDW version to opening by 6-9 months. Barring a geopolitical event that renders American tourists homebound, there's no way summer 2019 at Disneyland isn't a crusher.

TP2000

SWGE is the first of its kind, beating the WDW version to opening by 6-9 months. Barring a geopolitical event that renders American tourists homebound, there's no way summer 2019 at Disneyland isn't a crusher.

I remember the Olympics summer in '84. The predictions were for gridlock on all freeways from Ventura to Irvine and mass hysteria at all tourist attractions from Disneyland to Santa's Village. None of it happened. People were so scared of the crowds and the mayhem that they stayed home. The freeways were wide open, and Disneyland had one of its lightest attended summers in decades.

I do wonder if a similar thing will happen that first week or two after opening day. On opening day you'll have so many neckbeard bloggers and Star Wars fans wanting to be there that it will be nuts. But the following Saturday? It could be very slow. Stranger things have happened.

Phroobar

I remember the Olympics summer in '84. The predictions were for gridlock on all freeways from Ventura to Irvine and mass hysteria at all tourist attractions from Disneyland to Santa's Village. None of it happened. People were so scared of the crowds and the mayhem that they stayed home. The freeways were wide open, and Disneyland had one of its lightest attended summers in decades.

I do wonder if a similar thing will happen that first week or two after opening day. On opening day you'll have so many neckbeard bloggers and Star Wars fans wanting to be there that it will be nuts. But the following Saturday? It could be very slow. Stranger things have happened.
Correct. The Internet tweebs keep saying the place will be packed so stay away. People are reading that are planning their vacation at a different time. Sure it won't take long for people to figure out that no one is there but still it is possible the place will be really nice to visit early on.

GiveMeTheMusic

That seems to happen with Olympics events everywhere, to this day. The cities brace for sheer pandemonium, and then nothing happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom