Journey To Atlantis

Blake

Original Poster
I was very excited to write Journey to Atlantis at Sea World this summer. However, i was very dissapointed with the overall experience. After waiting 50 minutes in a tight queue (and watching that stupid clown safety video OVER AND OVER) i was dissapointed with not only the lengthness of the ride (it was short) but also the stoty (i had no idea what was going on- one minute they were "welcome to Atlantis!", the next "NOW YOU'VE DONE IT!". Also, i expected more "coaster" sections to the ride rather than just one little part at the end. The way the safety video showed it, half the ride was coaster! In conclusion, the ride was OK, but i must admit i was a bit dissapointed.

WDWspider

Yes, it is overrated. If you did not know it was half coaster it would help. The story is confusing though, but I do like the music.

katastic

I remember going on it when it first opened, and the story hasn't changed at all. It's sady, really, because it could have a decent pull to it if the guests knew what was going on!

BeachClubVillas

I think Atlantis is a great ride and all, but its theming and story line just can't compete with Disney's, especially when you compare Atlantis with Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain is like the Ivy League version of Journey to Atlantis

Michael72688

Originally posted by BeachClubVillas
I think Atlantis is a great ride and all, but its theming and story line just can't compete with Disney's, especially when you compare Atlantis with Splash Mountain. Splash Mountain is like the Ivy League version of Journey to Atlantis

They are two different types of rides, Splash Mountain is a Log Flume and Journey to Atlantis is a Water Coaster

Al

I loved this ride! I didn't realise that there were 2 drops, I couldn't believe it! :lol: There was no queue, and I hadn't heard anything about it before, so I wasn't expecting anything great, but I was pleasantly suprised! :D

Goofyfanatic

I have never been on "Atlantis"...but I never had the impression it was half coaster...I always thought it was just a small part...i think it's just wishfull thinking on the thrill ride junkies part

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom