Journey into Your Imagination

hbkrocco1

Original Poster
It seems like to me I am one of the few people who really enjoy Journey into Your Imagination. I'm going back to Walt Disney World in May and I'm wondering if the new updated ride will be open. If it isn't, when will it?

Luau Cove

Originally posted by hbkrocco1
It seems like to me I am one of the few people who really enjoy Journey into Your Imagination.

It's not you. Many people, including myself, can understand how this attraction was so spoiled in so little time. Unless, you've never seen the previous JII , this new ride is an insult. No Figment, no Dreamfinder, No Theme Song, "IMAGE WORKS"...God.

-->Luau

Legacy

I've seen both old and new Journies and I'm sorry i liked them both. I was a lot younger when I watched Dreamfinder and Figment, but I remember that some of those animatronics were amazing to a kid.

The new one, though not as cool as the old one, I have to say had some pretty neat affects. Yeah, they may have been a little corny, but I rode the thing everytime and I dont understand why there is so much animosity towards it.

Dont get me wrong, I like Figment as much as the next person, and I LOVE "One Little Spark", but give Your Imagination some credit, it was a rather creative ride. It just took out the wrong thing.

Jodigrl328

I have never been on JIYI. My last trip in January it was closed. I have heard about this figment character and I have heard he is going to be a part of the refurbished ride. I will definetly have to check it out when it is open.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by Kicker
but give Your Imagination some credit, it was a rather creative ride.

That's true, but unfortunately, there were many of us (the majority) who saw the ride before and liked the attraction the way it was before, and can't understand why such a change was done.

-->luau

LongballMG

Attachments

• guide book wom and jii.gif
    guide book wom and jii.gif
    201.4 KB · Views: 305

hellokitty1

they are selling figment toys in the shop in the jiyi ride...
so he is back!!

i thought he was cute, and i love purple!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

howlin_mad

Figment was basically the mascot for Epcot, and it was a shame when he was, uhhh, fired. Atleast Disney realized their mistake and everybody's favorite purple dragon will be part of the new version of the ride.

LongballMG

what did you guys think above my above attachment?

Figment
Figment must return to the ride I miss him!

LongballMG

www.figmentsimagination.com

Attachment: guide book wom and jii.gif
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Attachment: guide book wom and jii.gif

Pioneer Hall

Nice map...

As for the JIYI ride. I thought the idea was good. If the Imagineers had more money I think that they could have done wonders to that ride. The plot and story were all there, it was just poorly excecuted.

foxfire

Thanks for the map! Two classics destroyed. I know they have to keep the parks fresh, but with all that land...

Who knows, maybe one day they'll wise up. What would be nice, and I know it would never happen, was if they opened a new park with all the classic rides. But hey, it's not going to happen.

bearboysnc

Unfortunately Americans don't appriciate the sprawling, detail laden attractions like WoM or JII. While these rides were magical, they were a money pit when it came to maintenance.

I'd rather remember them as the jewels they were rather than have Disney fail to maintain them the way we expect. They mark the end of an era for such elaboarate attractions.

Luau Cove

Originally posted by bearboysnc
Unfortunately Americans don't appriciate the sprawling, detail laden attractions like WoM or JII. While these rides were magical, they were a money pit when it came to maintenance.

I bet Test Track is much more expensive to mantain than WoM.

-->luau

MrPromey

Originally posted by Luau Cove

I bet Test Track is much more expensive to mantain than WoM.

-->luau

Agreed but it also pulls in a LOT more people than WOM saw during most of it's lifetime. When was the last time you saw Test Track as a walk-on? Even when things were slow during the last quarter of 2001, that attraction still had a good wait.

Don't get me wrong, though. I liked WOM and truth be told if it were still here, I'd probably ride it more often than I do TT. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom