News Journey Into Imagination With Figment at EPCOT to be closed on October 10, 2023

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced Journey Into Imagination With Figment will be closed for routine maintenance on October 10 and is expected to reopen on October 11.

Here's the full announcement.

On October 10, 2023, Journey Into Imagination With Figment will be closed for routine maintenance, and will reopen on October 11. While the attraction is unavailable, all other areas and offerings of the Imagination! Pavilion will remain open to Guests.

NelsonRD

Even if they managed to restore the original, people would still complain, as the original wasn't perfect, and terrifying at times. It's prior reputation is better than what it was, it was no Horizons. The current version isn't that bad and doesn't deserve all the negativity.

MerlinTheGoat

Have you ever experienced it? Or are you basing it on YouTube videos and riding the anti-Journey Into Imagination flow of this forum?
I have. The current version is indeed just as terrible as everyone says. In my opinion it's the worst dark ride Disney has ever created. By a wide margin. And yes that also includes Superstar Limo.

I have also ridden the original JII and it was awesome.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I have. The current version is indeed just as terrible as everyone says. In my opinion it's the worst dark ride Disney has ever created. By a wide margin. And yes that also includes Superstar Limo.

I have also ridden the original JII and it was awesome.

I had gone to WDW 3 times as a.kid in the late 80s / early 90s. JII was among my favorite rides as a kid. After 1992, I didn't go again until 2004 as an adult. At the time of our 2004 trip, I wasn't plugged into Disney news like I am now. I saw that Imagination was still there, and was excited to ride it again.

Imagine my horror when I actually rode it. I think I rode it that trip and maybe one other time since when we were trying to do an all attractions 1 day challenge, but that's it.

MerlinTheGoat

I had gone to WDW 3 times as a.kid in the late 80s / early 90s. JII was among my favorite rides as a kid. After 1992, I didn't go again until 2004 as an adult. At the time of our 2004 trip, I wasn't plugged into Disney news like I am now. I saw that Imagination was still there, and was excited to ride it again.

Imagine my horror when I actually rode it. I think I rode it that trip and maybe one other time since when we were trying to do an all attractions 1 day challenge, but that's it.
This was almost exactly my experience. Visited WDW many times between 1991 and 1997, having ridden JII v1 many times as well. An awesome ride. I didn't return to WDW until 2010. I knew they had gotten rid of Horizons and World of Motion before returning, but I didn't know that Imagination had also suffered a somewhat similar fate. I figured something was off when I stepped into the building, but hoped it was just a queue change. After riding however, I was horrified and enraged by what they did. It was all I could do to stop myself from yelling a string of obscenities right there in front of everyone (though to be fair, there were very few people there as most know to avoid that ride like the plague now).

NelsonRD

Dude. I've ridden it about a thousand times since I was a little kid for the past 20 or so years.

It's bad. I get on it for air conditioning and no line.

I was referencing the original ride, which I doubt you have been on.

As far as the current version, thousands of times? I don't believe that either, why would you ride thousands of times if it is so terrible, even if it has A/C? If it is as bad as you claim it to be, you could go hang out in Connections or window shop at Creations instead.

Not sure what the bigger lie is. You ridden it thousands of times, or it is that bad, or you only get on with no wait for A/C.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I was referencing the original ride, which I doubt you have been on.
Ah. You weren't specific. But my point still stands regardless if I've been on the original ride or not. The current version sucks.
As far as the current version, thousands of times? I don't believe that either, why would you ride thousands of times if it is so terrible, even if it has A/C? If it is as bad as you claim it to be, you could go hang out in Connections or window shop at Creations instead.
It's the only dose of figment I can get .. and my family is the type of family that does every single attraction in every single park on every single visit. It's just something we do. We don't skip any rides unless they make us feel sick, like the former primeval whirl. That's just how we roll.
Not sure what the bigger lie is. You ridden it thousands of times, or it is that bad, or you only get on with no wait for A/C.
You're a very literal person aren't you. You must be fun at parties.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This refurb is to add a scene where Josh D'Amaro imagines he is in Bob Igers office and takes a shower then finds a sweater vest that he sniffs and inhales for 2 minutes before putting it on and spins around in Igers chair shouting "who wants to buy Hulu"!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom