Journey Into Imagination v.1.0

elabron

Original Poster
I never got to experience the original version of Journey Into Imagination, but have seen many on here long for thr original attraction. I have, however, experienced the current version and must say that I found it quite underwhelming.:shrug:

So, I ventured to YouTube tonight and searched for video of the original ride.......I wish that I had never found it.:mad:
How in the blue Hades could they take such a cool attraction and turn it into what we have today?:fork:

I now understand the angst that many have toward the current ride.......unbelievable, really.:hurl: :hurl: :hurl:
How could Imagineering have missed the mark so badly?:confused:

WDWFigment

The videos on YouTube don't really do it justice. If you want to see an even better version, head over to the torrent site mousebits.com and look for Martin's Ultimate Tribute. (Made by one of the forum members here; I'm sure he'll weigh in on this topic). Martin's videos are some of the best and most thorough!

Epcot82Guy

It's very sad to have seen so many EPCOT Attractions that arguably needed updating, but not replacement. It seems some current trends are going toward this model more, and so we won't lose any more.... But, on the same token, there's only one really big, classic Epcot attraction left.

EpcotServo

Be glad that you haven't been on Journey Into YOUR Imagination*. (Version 2.0)

*If this version of the attraction is ever viewed, be warned that you may induce vommiting. Do not panic. Slowly and calmy close the page and shut down your computer. Breathe normally. Do not attempt to get up until atleast 5 minutes after viewing, as your energy for walking may have spent trying to erase the memory of the attraction, and you may faint. After 5 minutes, slowy go and wash your hands, and eyes. Get a drink, and put on some music. Once you are calm, turn on the computer once again. After you have forgot about the attraction, resume your internet surfing and forget that this attraction ever happened. Journey Into Your Imagination is not recommended if you have heart, neck, or back problems. Persons who have High Blood Pressure, or have had recent surgery should also refrain from viewing this attraction. Remember, safety first!

WDWFigment

Be glad that you haven't been on Journey Into YOUR Imagination*. (Version 2.0)

*If this version of the attraction is ever viewed, be warned that you may induce vommiting. Do not panic. Slowly and calmy close the page and shut down your computer. Breathe normally. Do not attempt to get up until atleast 5 minutes after viewing, as your energy for walking may have spent trying to erase the memory of the attraction, and you may faint. After 5 minutes, slowy go and wash your hands, and eyes. Get a drink, and put on some music. Once you are calm, turn on the computer once again. After you have forgot about the attraction, resume your internet surfing and forget that this attraction ever happened. Journey Into Your Imagination is not recommended if you have heart, neck, or back problems. Persons who have High Blood Pressure, or have had recent surgery should also refrain from viewing this attraction. Remember, safety first!

:lol: So funny.

...and unfortunately, so true :(

cabihler

figment

i was there a couple of weeks ago and the latest version is SOMEWHAT better that the refurished one in that Figment does have a much larger presence in the ride/show. With that said the ORIGINAL was BY FAR the best Journey Into Imagination without question. I have heard that there is to be yet another update with the potential of making it more like the original without losing all of the refurished one...

having been there so many times over the years and admitting that EPCOT is my favorite of the parks i would say this... over the years the rehabs have been some positive and some negative...

starting with SPE --- i am a TRUE LOVER of the Walter Cronkite version and i hope that Siemens corrects some of the bland parts like the rides ending... THIS IS ONE that I think that some minor updates could be a huge plus...

Living Seas... i was hugly disappointed with the original and i like what they have done with changing it to Nemo. to a degreee the clam carsremind me of the Haunted Mansion vehicles. in any case i think this was a HUGE positive.

obviously Soaring was and is a HUGE positive as well NUF SAID.

The Land.... while the ride has not changed dramatically over the many years the content has to a degree and i found it more interesting and fun to ride on. I went on it with my 2 y/o granddaughter while the rest of the family went on Soaring and she loved it as well. I do not think that i would ever wait on the lines for it but to walk on well it was really pleasant.

Energy.... hate the ELLEN element but this is one ride i always have loved. love the smell... the end of the ride needs something other than ending in a commercial.

Body Wars.... okay the ride was alright although the premise of the journey was STUPID.... this was one ride/attraction that seemed good on paper but they could never make it work right in real life... so in all it was a waste.

World of Motion AND Test Track ----- the original was fun and on a hot day it was a good ride to relax for an extended period of time to cool off and let the kids chill a bit .... with that said conveting it to Test Track did not lose anything. I like Test Track i just wish the ride was longer after waiting on the lines for so long.

Mission Space --- AWESOME RIDE.... simply AWESOME.... this was a huge plus adding it and also then adding the green ride well that was a smart idea as well........ so with that said I AM TOTALLY SAD THAT

they had to lose Horizons to build Mission Space. COuld they not have destroyed Body Wars to build Mission Space or what about putting it where Oddessy is. BUT WHY HORIZONS.....

I loved that ride. Sure it was dated and needed updating to 21st century technology but that could have been done easily and cheaply without losing the whole thing. To me Horizons was like the original FIGMENT.... they should have always been untouchable except to upgrade them but leave their basic content alone.

so that is my take on what we refer to as HOME....

MacDuffieMuppet

lets see. i was so sad when they changed JII into JIYI that i cried.:cry: Figgy as i call figment was gone. I find the new one stupid and am in for a total overhaul of this ride and vote for an attempt to put the orginal ride back together.

as for horizins- it was over a sink hole and the building was slowly collapsing, and when mission space was built, the sponser money helped fill the sink hole there for mission space was built a strong sturdy foundation. In a way it was for safety. I strongly dislike mission space because i get violent headaches from motion based rides, so to me i loved horizons and also cried the day i learned it was closing.

*i love Disney and hate to see things go.*

primetime52

i was there a couple of weeks ago and the latest version is SOMEWHAT better that the refurished one in that Figment does have a much larger presence in the ride/show. With that said the ORIGINAL was BY FAR the best Journey Into Imagination without question. I have heard that there is to be yet another update with the potential of making it more like the original without losing all of the refurished one...

having been there so many times over the years and admitting that EPCOT is my favorite of the parks i would say this... over the years the rehabs have been some positive and some negative...

starting with SPE --- i am a TRUE LOVER of the Walter Cronkite version and i hope that Siemens corrects some of the bland parts like the rides ending... THIS IS ONE that I think that some minor updates could be a huge plus...

Living Seas... i was hugly disappointed with the original and i like what they have done with changing it to Nemo. to a degreee the clam carsremind me of the Haunted Mansion vehicles. in any case i think this was a HUGE positive.

obviously Soaring was and is a HUGE positive as well NUF SAID.

The Land.... while the ride has not changed dramatically over the many years the content has to a degree and i found it more interesting and fun to ride on. I went on it with my 2 y/o granddaughter while the rest of the family went on Soaring and she loved it as well. I do not think that i would ever wait on the lines for it but to walk on well it was really pleasant.

Energy.... hate the ELLEN element but this is one ride i always have loved. love the smell... the end of the ride needs something other than ending in a commercial.

Body Wars.... okay the ride was alright although the premise of the journey was STUPID.... this was one ride/attraction that seemed good on paper but they could never make it work right in real life... so in all it was a waste.

World of Motion AND Test Track ----- the original was fun and on a hot day it was a good ride to relax for an extended period of time to cool off and let the kids chill a bit .... with that said conveting it to Test Track did not lose anything. I like Test Track i just wish the ride was longer after waiting on the lines for so long.

Mission Space --- AWESOME RIDE.... simply AWESOME.... this was a huge plus adding it and also then adding the green ride well that was a smart idea as well........ so with that said I AM TOTALLY SAD THAT

they had to lose Horizons to build Mission Space. COuld they not have destroyed Body Wars to build Mission Space or what about putting it where Oddessy is. BUT WHY HORIZONS.....

I loved that ride. Sure it was dated and needed updating to 21st century technology but that could have been done easily and cheaply without losing the whole thing. To me Horizons was like the original FIGMENT.... they should have always been untouchable except to upgrade them but leave their basic content alone.

so that is my take on what we refer to as HOME....

Can't agree more with you on Horizons. It really set the standard for dark rides imo, even if it did need some updating. I was so upset to see Horizons, World of Motion, and JII all disappear all within a few years. Don't get me wrong, I love Test Track, but I wish there was a way that TT and WoM could co exist. Seeing all of those rides disappear felt like watching my childhood crumble before my eyes. I have such fond memories from riding them during my young years.

Versions 2.0 and 3.0 of JII are abominations compared to 1.0. It seemed so pointless to get rid of version 1.0. I can understand why they got rid of Horizons and WoM, since they replaced them both with thrill rides. However, they replaced JII with another dark ride of the same format (just a much crappier version that was meant to make the same point as the original.) If you ask me, Epcot's biggest mistake in their 25 year history was destroying JII in such a way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom