Journey in to Your Imagination

WDW-Imagineer

Welcome to the boards!!

I'm not sure what the latest news/rumors are but judging by the negative feedback by the public & Eisner... I'd imagine that Disney will be redoing or even reverting JIYI back into JII.

mightyduck

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
Welcome to the boards!!

I'm not sure what the latest news/rumors are but judging by the negative feedback by the public & Eisner... I'd imagine that Disney will be redoing or even reverting JIYI back into JII.

Welcome, DisneyInsider!

WDW-I, we can only hope. :) I miss Figment, and I hope they bring him back in a more substantial form.... Dreamfinder I don't need, but Figment is cool.

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Hi Everyone! I would like to introduce myself a little better now. I am a Disney Fanatic and have been going to WDW for the past 13 years at least once a year.

Now on to the JIYI Rumor.....

In the shop before you exit the building all they seem to have is Figment Merchandise. It seems that a return of the Purple Dragon might be more real than we think.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisneyInsider

In the shop before you exit the building all they seem to have is Figment Merchandise. It seems that a return of the Purple Dragon might be more real than we think.

Although from what I remember... Figment was always in the gift shop.... so I wouldn't take it as a sign of a new attraction, just simply a gesture that Disney hasn't forgotten Figment.

Maria

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

Although from what I remember... Figment was always in the gift shop.... so I wouldn't take it as a sign of a new attraction, just simply a gesture that Disney hasn't forgotten Figment.

They can´t forget about Figment because it still represents a lot of $$ for Disney! People keep asking for him and buying his stuff! :)

Mattore

Like you guys said, Disney never eliminated Figment from the gift shop. In fact, as soon as the new JIYI opened, the gift shop was full of Figment! :) They even play "One little spark" as background music in the giftshop (along with other songs). While I don't think that it will ever go back to the original show, I think a new JIY starring Figment would be awesome! Figment fans, check out www.figmentsimagination.com for lots of Figment info - it's a fun site.

Matt :)

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
I think that Disney had a great idea with JIYI. You get a behind the scenens tour of the Imagination Institute...that is a great subject the Imagineers could have gone with. The Excecutives give them budgets that they can't work with. If the ride had been a tour but with more Figment, it would have been great. :D :D

Beauty and the

I have always thought that Figment was a pretty cute figure, and have several pieces of his merchandise but I don't recall being that impressed with his ride although I do remember riding it about ten years ago, can someone refresh my memory as to what happened on the ride and when he was taken away.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Mattore

Originally posted by Scooter
Go to www.figmentsimagination.com

This is a website devoted to Figment. It should tell you all you need to know. Good Luck!!:)

Well, I already posted the link to that site a few messages back. :) While it is normally a good resource, they actually do NOT have much information on this current rehab other than the 'news' that was reported in Orlando Weekly a while back. Hopefully we'll be able to get updates from this site though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom