Trip Report Joshrzmeup's first trip report!!

So, this is my very first trip report!! Please forgive me if it gets boring, etc as I am not sure what I am doing, lol.

If I had one major gripe about this trip it's the transportation system. If they want to encourage park-hopping, they need to make it easier to do so. A bus to take you from park to park rather than bus or monorail to hotel, then wait for bus or boat or monorail to take you to said park.

We left via Indy airport on Monday the 9th in the afternoon and arrived at POR just after 5pm, checked in, got our bands and headed off to find our room!

This was our first time at a Moderate hotel and only (my) 2nd time at WDW, but we fell in love with this resort!! We were in Alligator Bayou next to the quiet pool on the 2nd floor. The room was great, beds were soft, nice and quiet and only a short walk to the West Depot bus stop and a short, scenic walk to the lobby/food court.

After we dropped off our carry-on stuff, we walked around the resort a bit and got our mugs. Once we got back, our luggage had arrived, so we quickly changed for dinner at 'Ohana, but with a stop off at Downtown Disney for awhile to kill some time.

The boat ride over was so beautiful!!
IMG_2909.JPG

Loved all of the Lego Statues!!! Very impressive!

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

I liked the food, I liked the atmosphere, I loved how they dimmed the lights and piped in the music for Wishes! But I don't like how it took over 20 minutes for someone to come over and get our drink order.

Me, doing the Hula!
IMG_2934.JPG

The family after dinner:
IMG_2944.JPG

The next day, it was on to Hollywood Studios!!!
We had early fastpasses for ToT, Toy Story (which I loved!) and RnR.

IMG_2950.JPG

This ride gets me every time. I get off and my legs are jelly and my heart is still pounding like mad.

I hadn't been on the new version of Star Tours yet since it was down the last time I went in 2010, but found that I had a very hard time with the 3D, worse than I do with 3D movies (those simply give me a migrane).
IMG_2955.JPG

If the ride had lasted any longer than it did, I would have gotten sick. I was green in the face and had to sit down and get water and air right after.

It was time to use our Toy Story fastpasses. This was the first time we had been on it, the last time the wait was over an hour and fastpasses were sold out by the time we had gotten there.
I thought it was so much fun!
IMG_2971.JPG

I am such a huge fan of this show that when I walked into ABC building and saw some costumes from the show on display, it made my day!
IMG_2972.JPG

To be continued....

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
Hollywood Studios continued...
I loved seeing these costumes! Rumple (I'm guessing), Young Snow and King Midas outfits!
IMG_2973.JPG

I was wearing my Little Mermaid shirt and bow, so I had to take my picture with something little mermaid.
IMG_2980.JPG

My new Best friend:
IMG_3002.JPG

Took a walk over to the Great Movie ride.
IMG_2983.JPG

I want these shoes!!!!!!!!
IMG_2989.JPG

For my mom's birthday, she got not only singing with her dessert, but extra toppings at 50's Prime Time cafe.
IMG_3054.JPG

We attempted to wait it out for Fantasmic! But there was a breeze and the water was getting us wet and cold and my dad's back couldn't handle it much longer. He has a hard time walking a lot, sitting a lot or standing a lot, so we took frequent breaks during the day, so we left about 10 minutes after it started.
IMG_3060.JPG

IMG_2945.JPG

After a few hours, we hopped it on over to MK for awhile. Saw a 5 minute wait for the Princesses, so off I went!

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
First up with Cinderella (my picture didn't turn out - that's what I get for giving my camera to my mom to take the picture), then Sleeping Beauty, then Rapunzel!
IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3018.JPG

She was super-sweet!!!

Coming out of the building, we ran into Mary Poppins who had no line!
IMG_3022.JPG

I loved all of the fall decorations, even with 90+ degree heat and humidity!
IMG_3010.JPG

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

The next day, it was on to Epcot!!!

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
Day 2 - Epcot!! Did Soarin first thing! It's my favorite ride, I love California and all it soars over in it, but my mom, on the other hand - had a panic attack on the ride just after we were buckled and taking off. So my dad and I were holding her hands, talking to her, trying to calm her down during and after.

IMG_3068.JPG

While my parents went on the giant Golf Ball, I went over to the character spot, which had a 5 minute wait, and really, it was no wait, but it takes you 5 minutes to walk to the front of the line! So, 3 characters right there! Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Pluto was giving me hugs and Mickey was kissing my hand!

IMG_3074.JPG

Sorry about the orange hint, accidently left my camera on vivd color mode. Oops!

IMG_3071.JPG

Also tried out the new test track. Mom and I designed the car the first time around and got one of the highest scores of the day!! My dad, the engineer, tried talking us out of everything we did (the color, the engine, the grills, etc), but we didn't listen. He had his chance later that day when we went on again and we let him design it but it took him almost the entire time just to figure out how to shape it when the video showed how to do it and mom and I figured it out in 2 seconds! His car? Far lower scores all around then ours. Victory!!! It was an enjoyable ride, pretty similar to the old version, but I liked the design the car process and how you get to see how it performed.

Did quite a walk around World Showcase, taking our time (dad had to go and buy a hat as he forgot his at the hotel and didn't discover it until we got there). I lucked out in time to be 2nd in line to meet Belle!! Item 1 checked off my list!

IMG_3088.JPG

I also ran into Alice while I was there and got a picture with her.

I had read about pick-a-pearl in Japan pavillion on here, so I had bought a Cinderella carriage pearl cage necklace off of Etsy and brought it with me. My pearl was 7.5mm pinkish white and I love wearing it as my new favorite necklace! I was told to choose the ugliest oyster and they did a big show and taught you to count to 3 in Japanese. Had a lot of CM's comment on how pretty and different it was.

Kept trying to get Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco, but was never around during those times before they cut off the line. It was alright, I did manage to catch them later in Magic Kingdom.

Did The American Adventure show - and I admit, I fell asleep after about 5 minutes. But it was mostly so that we could be in air conditioning for awhile and so that my dad could sit and rest his back and my mom could rest her foot (forgot to mention that about a week before my mom did something to her foot that on occasion made it painful to walk after awhile, but she could still walk, so I was the only healthy and injury-free person!)

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3093.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

Also managed to be first in line to meet Mulan, another first for me!
IMG_3107.JPG

After some more roaming around, my parents didn't want to stay for Illuminations, so we headed back over to DTD for some shopping.

Bama14

I want to do the pick a pearl in Japan. I didn't know anything about this somehow until recently. Would love to see a picture of how the necklace turned out! Looks like a fun trip!

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
We didn't do a lot of shopping, but I wanted to check out Raglan Road to see some of the Irish Dancing. I have been dancing off and on for about 5 years due to injuries, and I have always wanted to see some professional Irish Dancers besides the one at my school.

Yeah, I think I can qualify as a bad irish dancer, lol.
IMG_3134.JPG

My pictures didn't turn out very good because I only got to see them a short time dancing some hardshoe outside because it was late and they wouldn't be dancing inside for another hour.
IMG_3131.JPG

Up next was finally Magic Kingdom!!!!

IMG_3031.JPG

I was so excited! I hadn't seen the new Fantasyland Expansion yet and wanted to. I am a HUGE Beauty and the Beast fan, so this project excited me, lol. I had worn my Beauty and the Beast tank top that i had gotten from Hot Topic and early in the day, I had worn my matching Ballroom Belle bow.
Our first stop was our fastpass+ for Little Mermaid. I loved how well-done it was and how the animatronics moved so well and the music was clear and crisp. The outside was beautiful!!!
IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3155.JPG

My next stop was over to Gaston's Tavern! At this point, my parents pretty much left me alone because they knew I would be awhile, which was a bad idea considering once I was inside the shop, I came out an hour and a half later with 3 shirts and wanting more!

IMG_3158.JPG

I was impressed with the inside of the Tarven and how close to the movie it looked!! He really does use Antlers in all of his decorating :)
IMG_3166.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

After some time in here, it was time to get in line to meet the man himself! I switched my bow to my Gaston bow, just for the occasion. He was the best character interaction I had ever had!!
When he came out, I was second in line. He was unimpressed with the long line that had formed, but he liked the fact that it was mostly all women :)
The first lady had an autograph book and he didn't seem too thrilled. He said, "oh, great...just what I wanted...another book" and rolled his eyes. After he signed it, he said something about those being the 6 most important letters of the alphabet.
When he saw me and my shirt, he said, "No. No. Not allowed." But after I showed him my bow of him, he relented. He seemed impressed by it.
Gaston.JPG

So for the picture, he said, "ok, this is how we are going to do this." he came around and hugged me close and blocked out the Beast on my shirt. <3 this guy!!!
Gaston2.JPG

Up next: Be Our Guest impressions!!!!

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
I LOVED eating at Be Our Guest. I seriously felt as if I was in the movie. The food was excellent. We were able to get a walk-up reservation for dinner while in line for lunch, but my parents decided that they liked the lunch menu better.
I just loved being inside the ballroom. It was amazing. After 30 minute wait to get in, waiting in the hot sun, it was nice to be inside. At least the CM's by the line passed out umbrellas and let us know that there were cups of water to drink, that was very helpful.
IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3200.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_3202.JPG

I loved the "snowing" effect. It really added to it.
Once I was done eating, I explored the other two rooms, The West Wing and the Portrait room (as I called it).

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
IMG_3209.JPG

IMG_3210.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

In the West wing, I liked how dark it was and how the torn portrait changed!
IMG_3226.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

After lunch, it was off to explore the new tangled bathrooms! All that beautiful area decorating and it's for what? Bathrooms??
IMG_3037.JPG

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

So pretty!!!!

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
During our entire week it only rained for a total of 20 minutes on thursday. It started to rain when we were in line for Splash Mountain and then really came down after we got off.
IMG_3261.JPG

So, after it stopped raining, we headed over to the peoplemover to dry off. We were lucky enough to see them testing space mountain with the lights on!!! It was then, of course that it took me forever to dig my camera out and then for it to turn on!
IMG_3269.JPG

So, after a quick trip back to Fantasyland to go on my mom's favorite ride, we checked out the sweets!!!
IMG_3305.JPG

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

I ended up getting the pumpkin cupcake :) It was well worth it!!!

A boat ride on a very hot and humid day is not a very good idea, even if there are some nice views along the way.
IMG_3253.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG

A few castle shots:
IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

We decided to go back to the hotel early as my dad's back was bothering him and my mom's foot was really hurting her since we had Saturday night fastpasses for MSEP and Wishes, anyway.

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
This was a split day. We started out at Animal Kingdom after a great breakfast at Boma (what is in that juice?? It's fantastic!!).
IMG_3375.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

First thing's first. It was officially my mom's birthday and she wanted to meet Pocahontas as she had just gotten a nice Pocahontas shirt at Hot Topic before we left.
So, when Camp Minnie Mickey opened, we headed over to her Meet and Greet area. The CM who was keeping order in the line was teaching us about "Disney Years", which my mom was a big fan of, lol.
IMG_3323.JPG

IMO, Pocahontas needs a tan. She's just too white to be a Native American.

During out safari ride, we saw a weird message in the sky.
IMG_3353.JPG

IMG_3354.JPG

IMG_3330.JPG

IMG_3341.JPG

IMG_3333.JPG

I was heading over to my favorite ride at the park and the Photopass guy asked if I wanted to hold Baby Simba, so I said yes :)
Simba.JPG

Once we got over to Everest to use our fastpass, we found that it was down with no possible re-open time. Boo.
IMG_3367.JPG

It was hot and humid and after a quick walk around the park and still no working ride, we decided to head out and head back to the hotel. After a quick swim in the pool to cool off, it was time to get ready for my first Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!!!!

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
It took me forever to find a long, black dress and that one, though cheap from goodwill, had to be hemmed and have 7 inches cut off the bottom. But I was happy with how it all turned out! Note: it didn't last but 15 minutes after we arrived.
IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3408.JPG

After a quick spin on Buzz, I had made the mistake of taking off 1 glove to use the controller and forgot about it when I stood up and it was never found :(

But I quickly made up for it by going trick-or-treating!! Even my stick-in-the-mud dad had a smile on his face when we forced him to come with us. I got quite a few comments on my outfit, one CM thought I was the Black Swan. ??? My mom was happy (and so was my dad) that she got extra candy because it was her birthday on every stop.

The only character we cared to wait in line for was Captain Jack Sparrow. He was great! Not 100% Johnny Depp, but close enough <3 It was a long line, but only because he was flirting with every woman for about 15 minutes before taking a picture. I sure didn't mind it when it was my turn!
But first, it was my mom, who got her solo picture with him, but then wanted one of both of us with him.
IMG_3427.JPG

There was a lot of fog that was growing right as I got my picture taken, but oh well.
Jack2.JPG

I loved the park at this time. Walk-on rides, great music and decorations, people dressed up and having fun, Adults getting to go trick-or-treating, it was great! We went trick-or-treating and went on some rides during the first showing of the Boo To You parade because I had read on here that the second one was much less crowded, and sure enough!
We headed over to Main Street to watch Celebrate the Magic castle show en route to get some ice cream and walk out just in time to get a prime spot in the middle of Main Street to watch the Fireworks!
We then staked out our spot for the parade while finishing our Ice Cream, enjoying the ever-changing colors of Main Street, The Train Station and The Castle.
IMG_3439.JPG

IMG_3442.JPG

IMG_3443.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG
IMG_3450.JPG

IMG_3482.JPG

More to come....

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
We got a good spot in front of the Indian statue and waited for the parade to start!

IMG_3449.JPG

It was really cool to see the headless horseman, even if my pictures were blurry.
IMG_3479.JPG
IMG_3480.JPG

After I got home, I had to find the music, I loved this parade. It was the best Disney parade I have ever seen! Characters came up close to me, talked to me, flirted with me....<3 It was a great experience.

IMG_3490.JPG

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3500.JPG

IMG_3503.JPG

IMG_3506.JPG

More.....

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
IMG_3532.JPG

Those cowboys were tipping their hat to me, whistling at me, winking at me....I was in love!!!

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG
IMG_3550.JPG

When we were taking pictures of Jafar,he was wagging his finger at us and then turned around with a flash of his cape.

IMG_3552.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

IMG_3562.JPG

More....

Attachments

• IMG_3544.JPG
    IMG_3544.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 18

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
IMG_3563.JPG

IMG_3566.JPG

IMG_3567.JPG

This was our candy Haul from the night!!
IMG_3571.JPG

I loved the Halloween Party, it was fantastic. Saw some great costumes, some people wearing costumes they shouldn't have been, and adorable family costumes. I would love to do this again.

The next day was a park-hopping day. It just stunk that to go park-to-park you had to take 2 buses or monorails and lots of waiting. It took at least an hour to get from one park to another. :(

We had started out at Epcot to hit Soarin and Test Track one more time. I loved Soarin, and always will. We weren't too sure if we were going to back on test track based on wait and fastpass return time, but someone came up to us and handed us their 3 fastpasses saying that they didn't have time to go on it anymore. We let my dad, the engineer, design the car this time around. He didn't pay attention to the instruction video on how to draw the line for the body and screwed that up first thing and couldn't go back. By the end of the 2 minutes we were given, he had accomplished nothing, so my mom and I quickly chose things with his protests. Needless to say, the car didn't do too well.

IMG_3579.JPG

Waited only about 30 minutes for Merida, and it was cool to meet her. I love the themes in her area.
IMG_3580.JPG

We finally got to see Stitch!! He wasn't as interactive as the last time we saw him a few years ago, but still cute.
IMG_3582.JPG

IMG_3583.JPG

My dad did that on purpose, lol.

Waiting for Aladdin and Jasmine, my mom said she would only get her picture taken with the, if Aladdin was good-looking. When she saw him come out, she said Yes, lol.

IMG_3590.JPG

I loved how he was talking to me, and flirting with me and Jasmine was just standing off to the side with an interesting look on her face. I sure didn't mind!

Joshrzmeup

Original Poster
On our last night, we had fastpasses for both MSEP and Wishes! The reserved area for the parade was right in front of the castle. They had a roped off area. Yeah, that went realllllly well....:cautious:
People slipped under the rope and when questioned by a CM simply said that they were taking a picture of the castle, and the CM let it go and when they turned their back, the rest of their family came under. This happened a lot, even more so with people who didn't speak english or pretended that they didn't when the cast member tried to tell them that this was reserved and that they needed a magic band. The CM walks away or turns their back and people flood under the rope, pushing people and their things out of the way, stepping on some people things just to get a spot to take pictures. I now know for next time that this was not worth it. :mad:

Our view, right in front of the castle.
IMG_3593.JPG

IMG_3601.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG

IMG_3615.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3627.JPG

IMG_3634.JPG

I like how this picture turned out!

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3642.JPG

IMG_3671.JPG

No Pete on it this time :(

My dad and I had a bet going about Tinkerbell flying over the crowd/castle. I told him that she normally does, but for whatever reason that night she didn't maybe because it was threatening rain. He said that she doesn't do it anyway, only on special occasions. So, late that night, after getting my picture taken with Tink and Terrance, my dad asked a CM nearby and wouldn't you know it, I was right. There was heat lightning in the area and it wasn't safe for her to do so.

After this was done, we attempted to wait out the crowds so that we could get over to the Rose Garden area for Wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom