Job At the Disney Store?

Klo

Original Poster
Hi everyone! :D

I'm new as you can see from my one post count! woohoo.
Anyways, what I've been thinking about lately is my future.. and being the WDW freak that I am I'm VERY interested in becoming a CM when I graduate.. but first I need to get a job when I'm 16.. :rolleyes:
My question is:
How old do I have to be to work at the Disney Store and does it help at all when you go to apply for a CM job?

Also Vero Disney, how old do I have to be to work there?
If anyone has expeirence with WDW,Disney Store and VD.. share!

Thanks so much! :)

-Klo

ErickainPA

Welcome to the boards

Disney Store is not owned by Disney, it's actually owned by Children's Place now. So don't really know that it would help you be a CM at Disney World.

aka_emilicious

I think it helps if you mention you worked at the disney store just to have some of that disney magic around. But as a foot in the door with the company? Not so much.

Klo

Original Poster
Okay thanks =]

What is the age restriction though? Is it 16 or 18? I've heard it's sixteen.. but does it vary at all at different malls? I'm going to visit my Disney Store this saturday, I'll ask an employee if no one knows.. Thanks again :)

ImaYoyo

Hi everyone! :D

I'm new as you can see from my one post count! woohoo.
Anyways, what I've been thinking about lately is my future.. and being the WDW freak that I am I'm VERY interested in becoming a CM when I graduate.. but first I need to get a job when I'm 16.. :rolleyes:
My question is:
How old do I have to be to work at the Disney Store and does it help at all when you go to apply for a CM job?

Also Vero Disney, how old do I have to be to work there?
If anyone has expeirence with WDW,Disney Store and VD.. share!

Thanks so much! :)

-Klo
Is that supposed to be "experience... with VB"? Here's hoping...

Captain Hank

I would think being a Disney Store CM does help when applying for a job at WDW. Even though TDS is no longer owned by Disney, many of the same cast quality standards remain. It also guarantees that you'll have pretty decent working knowledge of the Company's latest properties. I'd say to go for it (former TDS CM talking). Officially, hiring age is 18, however TDS will hire for seasonal positions at 16. Often (though not always) seasonal positions may become part-time at the end of the season, if you've made a good impression with the managers and if there are openings.

Bug715

I believe that working at TDS helps. I believe that it helped me get my CP in merchandise. Also you get to be part of that disney magic far from the parks. I love working at TDS and am sorta sad to be leaving my CMS there to work in WDW for the fall.

Klo

Original Poster
Thanks so much! I'm gonna go to my mall today ask one of the employees.

Thanks again! =]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom