JIYI replacement/rehab idea

figment99

Original Poster
Regarding the current rehab of the Imagination pavilion, I'd like to suggest and hear a few ideas on how one would go about improving the entire pavilion (and most anything probably would, at this point.)

First, I would suggest reopening the glass pyramid canopy--it gives the queue an open feeling and eliminates the use of artificial light during the day. Second, I would suggest refurbishing the original ride (say, improving the audio, perhaps re-record the score, add better special fx) and reinstalling it. Third, the Imagination Works should be reinstalled on the second floor (with the first floor exhibits removed) with new and original exhibits, and the entire pavilion expanded to accommodate more space for this. I would also suggest opening the pyramid canopy above this, but I don't know how this would effect the exhibits placed in there.

There might also be merit in building another 3D theatre and showing Captain EO again, but it's more of a personal preference, and although popular opinion of M Jackson has improved in the past week, it could easily go down again. . .

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

NowInc

LoL...sounds to me that you just want to bring back the old ride again...dont we all...

Personally...this is what I'd do...

First off...ADD MORE STUFF...thats my major complaint over the current state of the ride...theres nothing going on. I recall Disney having a GIANT tesla coil that created huge lightning bolts....add that to the ride....would certainly impress me....

They also are pretty crafty with fiberoptics.....add tons more of that stuff...you can make things appear out of nowhere...

How's about a few flying figments...that'd make ME happy...

And finally...HIDE THE DAMN SPEAKERS!! I mean come on...you can see the sound system for the ride...really ruins the entire magic of the attraction. Thats just LAZY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom