News Japan eyeing to ease travel restrictions starting October 2022.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
Japan is making arrangements to end its daily limit on arrivals from overseas by October, and will consider removing other remaining barriers to foreign tourism at the same time, the Nikkei reported without saying where it obtained the information.

The removal of the 50,000 people-per-day cap alone won’t return Japan’s border to its pre-Covid openness, as non-resident foreigners are also currently required to obtain visas for short-term stays, and may enter for tourism only as part of approved package tours.

According to the Nikkei, government officials are divided on when to remove these restraints. One proposal is to lift all three barriers at the same time, while others call for ditching the entry cap first and observing the results before allowing the return of individual tourism and visa waivers, the paper said.

Brummyboy92

Hallelujah! I hope to the God's this is true, I have a 3 week trip booked for April next year, which has been postponed since you know what.

TBF, I was confident Japan would open before the end of the year anyway, but seeing more and more news like this is always good. Tokyo Disney, here I come...hopefully! 🤞🏼

tanc

Hallelujah! I hope to the God's this is true, I have a 3 week trip booked for April next year, which has been postponed since you know what.

TBF, I was confident Japan would open before the end of the year anyway, but seeing more and more news like this is always good. Tokyo Disney, here I come...hopefully! 🤞🏼

Hopefully solo travel is allowed by the end of the year. I want to go in May 2023 but I won't buy a plane ticket until I know Japan is open.

PalisadesPkteer

Hopefully solo travel is allowed by the end of the year. I want to go in May 2023 but I won't buy a plane ticket until I know Japan is open.
I want to go to Tokyo Disney Resort in May 2023 as well. Hope they do change restrictions. But like you, will not buy / reserve air flight until then. Will not get theme park tickets either.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Starting on October 11, 2022, Japan will resume visa-free travel and accepting individual tourists. Kishida’s announcement did not include details about lifting the entry cap, but that has been rumored for two weeks, and is almost certainly part of this next-step of fully reopening Japan."

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
"Starting on October 11, 2022, Japan will resume visa-free travel and accepting individual tourists. Kishida’s announcement did not include details about lifting the entry cap, but that has been rumored for two weeks, and is almost certainly part of this next-step of fully reopening Japan."

this is such good news, I wish they could ease mask restrictions as well.

Its hard to go outside when people goving cold stares when you dont wear mask .

BasiltheBatLord

this is such good news, I wish they could ease mask restrictions as well.

Its hard to go outside when people goving cold stares when you dont wear mask .
I know what you mean but there have never been any actual restrictions in public. I think even if the gov said “no more masks necessary” everyone would still be wearing them because the collective social pressure in Japan is so crushing.

I basically never wear one anymore and have never had anyone say anything to me in public. So go for it if you want, it’s all just in people’s heads.

Theme parks are a different story though, I have had ride operators refuse to board me unless I put one on, even for outdoor rides.

david10225

Unfortunately for me I don't think they have said anything about removing the vaccination requirement. I also believe they required a booster to be considered fully vaccinated. Perhaps that will change.

PiratesMansion

I'm sure it won't come to anything, but came across some super reasonable rates at Hilton Tokyo Bay and booked just in case it turns out to be feasible.

That said, it's all incredibly tentative. It doesn't really make sense to me to go until the ticketing restrictions and entertainment cutbacks end, and the new expansion at TDS is open. I'll be watching here and on other sites to monitor and assess the state of the resort before I 100% commit to a return trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom