January VS. Late February

normbalko

It looks like I will be going back to WDW for the second time this winter!!! The planning must commence...

It seems that all the books say that anytime after February can be hit or miss as far as large crowds go in the parks. I have been to WDW in late January and it was awesome, no lines, hardly no waits for anything. I am now trying to plan a trip for winter 2005, and it looks like it may take place the week of Feb. 21 (the week following Presidents Day weekend). I was just wondering if there is a huge difference in crowds from late Jan. to late Feb., and if the week after Presidents Day weekend has any huge bearing on the crowds. Any input would be great!!!! Thanks! :sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

I think in New York kids get out the entire week for school following Presidents day. Which means that the parks will be crowded that week. If you are looking for a time with smaller crowds, I would go in January.

Upvote 0

lukacseven

Also keep in mind the Super Bowl is in Jacksonville (Feb. 6), so, even though it is a few hours away, that might , or might not affect crowds at WDW...just a thought. I'd recommend mid-January to avoid any extra hype.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I don't know how high the crowds will be Feb 21, but I can assure you that the room rates will be high.

That will be peak (i.e., Spring Break) season.

Now perhaps the difference in price is a non-issue with you, but it is definitely a factor for me.

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
Lots of stuff I hadn't considered, thanks alot for the info. I also didn't realize that the end of Feb. isn't value season anymore. May need to reconsider....

Upvote 0

normbalko

Original Poster
Maybe this will help...has anyone ever gone during that time period, and can you tell me if we would have trouble seeing the whole world in 5 days??? There will only be 2 of us, and we'll be staying somewhere on-site.

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Value season 2005 ends Feb 16 (and restarts later in the year).
Go for January! Weather will likely be the same either month...unpredictable! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

june0802

We are going either the week of the 19th in Jan or early Feb for mardi gras. I am sure the crowds will not be bad, at least I hoping lol. We are from New Orleans so it's a great time to get away!

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

I have been there in both Jan. and Feb. The crowds are fairly even, but Presidents Day weekend can be fairly crowded itself. The weather is a little warmer in Feb. Overall, I would say that Feb. is better.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I went during Presidents Week for 10 years straight, being from New York. It gets VERY crowded during this week, as basically the entire state of New York heads down to Disney. With this in mind, of course, the Magic Kingdom has 10 and 11 pm closings for Presidents Weekend and 8 and 9 pm closings for Presidents Week, so it's a trade off. Presidents Week does see 2 hour lines for Test Track and 40 minute waits for RnRC and ToT, for example. Plan accordingly. It's a nice time of year to go, weather-wise, but you need to utilize Fastpass.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom