Jack Sparrow now in Halloween Parade

Frank Stallone

Original Poster
Stopped by the Magic Kingdom tonight to catch the cast preview of Mickey's "Boo to you" parade.

The float that used to feature Captain Hook, Smee, and fellow pirates now features numerous pirates, as well as Jack Sparrow (located up top where Captain Hook used to be found). Unfortunately my pictures came out lousy so I don't have any good pictures for you, but I'm sure someone else will soon.

Boo to you, and you and you

head mouse

OH GOD!!!!!

This PotC thing is getting out of hand.

Just like Stich.

If they keep it up, they will burn people out on it.

I was excited about PotC2 movie, but now I am gettign tired of seeing it all over the place and may wait till 3 comes out of DVD to see it.

Frank Stallone

Original Poster
Unlike Stitch, Jack Sparrow is incredibly popular. Stitch had a solid amount of success for Disney's clothing and merchandise, but nowhere near the impact that Jack Sparrow, and pirates in general had.

Disney crammed Stitch down our throats and we quickly got sick of it. Disney is in the process of cramming pirates down our throat, and it's only getting more popular.

head mouse

Unlike Stitch, Jack Sparrow is incredibly popular. Stitch had a solid amount of success for Disney's clothing and merchandise, but nowhere near the impact that Jack Sparrow, and pirates in general had.

Disney crammed Stitch down our throats and we quickly got sick of it. Disney is in the process of cramming pirates down our throat, and it's only getting more popular.

Give it a few more months and everyone will be sick if Jack Sparrow.

What's next? He going to take over the Monorail?

Jerm

I can't wait to see Jack. I think they are doing a great job with Jack and not over doing him. You have to remember they really missed the boat....Sorry Ship...a few years ago and that left a lot of people wanting more. Heck if you are the star of the 3rd highest grossing film EVER!!!!!! You can be put on a few things, I have no problem with it.

J

Baums101

OH GOD!!!!!

This PotC thing is getting out of hand.

Just like Stich.

If they keep it up, they will burn people out on it.

I was excited about PotC2 movie, but now I am gettign tired of seeing it all over the place and may wait till 3 comes out of DVD to see it.
Pirates is really going to the extreme now.

Chux

Hey guys, lets hate whatever is popular, it's soooo cool.

PoTC and the 2nd one were both a great success, so what if WDW adds a few AA's and a walk around character to the park, based on a movie based on a ride.

blackerbys17

I'm with you Chux, bring on the Pirates! My whole family will be dressed up as Pirates for MNSSHP and there should be about 16 of us going so beware you scallywags, arrr!

ead79

I'm all for the new Jack Sparrow stuff at the Magic Kingdom. To me the main difference between the push of Stitch and the push of Jack is the success/popularity of the two films/characters. Lilo and Stitch wasn't even close to as popular as POTC, so having the inundation of Stich everywhere didn't make as much sense and essentially "forced" Stitch onto the guests. Plus, Stitch is a love him or hate him type of character with not much middle ground in between those two extremes. Not so with Jack Sparrow--he is pretty universally loved, and his film was HUGELY popular. So the difference is being "forced" into liking Stitch by seeing him everywhere vs. enjoying seeing Jack everywhere because he is so popular.

CTXRover

Pirates 2 is Disney's biggest film of all time,, the 6th biggest US film of all time, the 3rd biggest worldwide film of all time, the biggest film of the year and only 1 of 3 movies in history to cross the 1 billion mark at the box office worldwide and counting. Jack Sparrow and POTC is undoubetdly huge with practically everyone. I expect to see such a popular Disney character when I'm at Disney. I'd be dissapointed if I didn't. You got give people what they want.

The difference with Stitch imo is that he was a semi-successful character that they tried to make into super star status by pushing him everywhere. Jack and the POTC franchise has already reached that level by just being good movies and an interesting character. To me, there can never be enough Pirates ;)

I'm glad to hear the Pirates float is now about POTC and not just Hook anymore. I've never been a big fan of Hook to begin with though.

CTXRover

BTW, did they have the new Goofy Candy Company float last night at the run-through? Was it anything special? ANything else new about the parade? I hope they still have the gravediggers with their shovels this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom