I've been wondering...

E:E@AK

Original Poster
Just one quick question…

I’m a long time lurker here, with something that’s been bugging me. I’ve read countless rumors about new attractions over the past couple months, and I’m wondering if there are any original attractions (not clones) under development that aren’t based off of an existing property.

Thanks in advance.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
there are a few people on the boards that would know... and im talking a few (possibly 3 or 4 sources that i even listen too). I will wait to see if they reply, but as far as my knowledge.... i rely on them.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just one quick question…

I’m a long time lurker here, with something that’s been bugging me. I’ve read countless rumors about new attractions over the past couple months, and I’m wondering if there are any original attractions (not clones) under development that aren’t based off of an existing property.

Thanks in advance.

Yes there are.

RSoxNo1

Yes there are.

LOL, very informative Steve.

To better answer the original question. There are a few trusted members of these boards like Lee, Corrus, and JediMaster. Their posts are usually very well informed. As for original rides/concepts in development, imagineering is always developing Blue Sky ideas - however it seems that there aren't any strong rumors right now for an original idea.

Most of the rumors right now are surrounding refurbishments of existing rides: Space Mountain, Star Tours, Imagination, the Great Movie Ride

The strongest rumor for a new attraction right now is a family coaster coming to the Pixar Place area in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Based on pure speculation, I'm expecting another original attraction idea to be announced within the next 3 years.

Austin1

Based on pure speculation, I'm expecting another original attraction idea to be announced within the next 3 years.

3 years?! I sure hope it's not that long. Honsely, that's almost rediculous. I may not post much on these boards, but I've been on here consistently, almost everyday, for the past 5 years or so and this has got to be the slowest rumor season in the history of WDWMagic. Am I wrong?

elabron

3 years?! I sure hope it's not that long. Honsely, that's almost rediculous. I may not post much on these boards, but I've been on here consistently, almost everyday, for the past 5 years or so and this has got to be the slowest rumor season in the history of WDWMagic. Am I wrong?

You sound disappointed that there aren't hundreds of rumors flying around. Personally, I'll trade rampant rumors for sparse facts any ole day. :animwink:

jt04

You sound disappointed that there aren't hundreds of rumors flying around. Personally, I'll trade rampant rumors for sparse facts any ole day. :animwink:

My Kingdom for just one "sparse fact". (we don't even have that much :brick:)

Austin1

Well, obviously rumors that don't turn out to be fact are disappointing, but I still wish we had some idea of what was going on. To revise my last post and put it in a nutshell... talk of new additions seem to be close to non existent right now and that makes me sad.

RSoxNo1

Well, "at least 3 years" is pretty vague. I don't have any insider information. I just assume that it's a pretty safe bet that an original attraction will at least be announced by late 2011.

E:E@AK

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses so far everyone.

LOL, very informative Steve.

To better answer the original question. There are a few trusted members of these boards like Lee, Corrus, and JediMaster. Their posts are usually very well informed. As for original rides/concepts in development, imagineering is always developing Blue Sky ideas - however it seems that there aren't any strong rumors right now for an original idea.

Most of the rumors right now are surrounding refurbishments of existing rides: Space Mountain, Star Tours, Imagination, the Great Movie Ride

The strongest rumor for a new attraction right now is a family coaster coming to the Pixar Place area in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I probably should have been more specific when I said "existing property". I meant an attraction that isn't based off a movie or TV show... and all signs point to the DHS coaster being based off a Pixar movie.

I've been a lurker for ages and I completely agree. There are very few real (ones that are possible) rumors on this site, at least currently. Of course, I'm not asking you to start spreading rumors!:ROFLOL:

I do hope a new ride will be announced relatively soon! Here's hoping it'll be less than 3 years away!

MAGICFLOP

I don't believe it til I see it...

Everything in here is rumor...

Every company throws around ideas and even if employees leak it out to the public, that still makes it a rumor. These projects are usually massive and can nixed at any point along the way (ie Rhine river boat ride).

Only believe what is officially announced...

Legacy

Night Kingdom is an original property... but not many people around here seem to believe it exists...

This isn't a slow rumor season, it's just an off year for Disney. 2009 doesn't seem to be giving us much (so far) outside of American Idol. Disney will occassionally have a year where they just don't do alot. This is just one of those years.

Skippy

As much as I would love a truly original attraction (Alien Encounter will forever be one of my favorites) I'm quite pleased with the basic refurbishments WDI has gotten done the past few years: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Gran Fiesta Tour, and am I right in hearing Space Mountain will be going down next year? While like any passionate Disney fan, I grumble about a few things in the updates, overall I was impressed.

Clean up work is fine by me for the time being, but when it comes to new attractions, I think we're overdue for an original attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom