Italian Disneyland - Disney Enchanted Kingdom

Ludpat Mike

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Welcome folks! Disney Enchanted Kingdom is a Disney park that I've been imagining more or less since 2011, conceived as an “Italian” version of Disneyland around the world. I bet that most enthusiasts have wondered what a [your state/country] would have looked like. So that's what I did, too.
Still I chose to make it at least a bit different from the Paris sister. Say, this would be a park in an alternate universe where Disneyland Paris is getting 20+ million guests a year.

All attractions are inspired by Disney animated classics or Mickey and his friends. This is because as a small kid visiting Disneyland Paris I thought almost everything were actually were linked to Disney classics (I thought Pirates of the Caribbean told in fact the adventures of Captain Hook and so on). Some attractions (marked with ***) already exist, while others are original ideas.
I didn't particularly focus on shops and food outlets.
This is an article that will be updated as new ideas arise. It is to be considered "work in progress".

Areas and Attractions

The Gardens of Fantasy

After a "tunnel" through a hill we find a long Italian garden with two "pairs" of rectangular pools of water that frame a large central pathway. Along the sides of the garden there are rows of trees that hide Renaissance-style and neoclassical buildings. These buildings contain shops and dining venues. On the right side there is also a scaled reproduction of the Dome of the Florence Cathedral.
At the beginning of the garden there is a small Art Nouveau-style train station. Here you can board Casey Junior, the train from Dumbo.
At the end of the garden there is a round square overlooked by a castle. From this square, roads branch off leading to the other areas of the park (with the exception of Villains' Territory, the only area not accessible via the central hub).

- Casey Junior Train Station (a train that takes guests around the park)
You'll have a trip around the perimeter of the park and go through tunnels with themes appropriate to the area being crossed. The train also has stations in Adventureland, Fantasy Realm and Space Expo.
- Donald Duck and the Dome CHAOStruction (swinging attraction)
Helping Donald build and decorate a large dome can be no easy task. And that machine built by Gyro Gearloose doesn't seem very safe...

Adventureland​

It's the largest area, it takes up almost all the space to the left of the park. It can be divided into “micro-areas”: Arabic (from Aladdin), a part inspired by The Emperor's New Groove (with Kuzco's Palace), medieval (Robin Hood, Seven dwarfs).

- Arabian Nights - Aladdin's Adventure (dark ride with suspended vehicles) *
Hop on a flying carpet and take flight to discover Aladdin's story.
- Kuzco's Groovy Rapids (river rapids ride)
The spoiled and selfish Emperor Kuzco has been turned into a lama by the evil witch Yzma. Patcha, a farmer, will help him return to the Palace and find the magic potion that will make him human again. You will get soaked along the way.
- Oo Dee Lally: Sherwood Falls (log flume)
A drenching variation of the story of the hero who stole from the rich to give to the poor
- The diamond mine (family roller coaster) *** [from Magic Kingdom]
A hectic journey through the Seven Dwarfs' mine

Fantasy Realm

Cinderella's Castle is the entrance to this area. Around a large lake (The Little Mermaid Lake) there are buildings inspired by fairy tales. A huge cuckoo clock dominates the left side. In the "upper" part there is the Snuggly Duckling Tavern with a tower behind it (Rapunzel: Escape from the Tower) and the entrance to Belle's Enchanted Journey. On the right, two small peninsulas overlook the lake and host the small rides dedicated to Alice in Wonderland and Dumbo.There is also a Casey Junior station and access to The Flight of Peter Pan.

- Cinderella's castle + Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo gallery (interactive walkthrough) *
Grab a magic wand and discover the secrets of the Castle. You know the magic words ...
- The Little Mermaid Lagoon (panoramic attraction on boats with dark ride parts)
A relaxing cruise on the central lake of the area, interrupted by some scenes that tell Ariel's story.
- The magical carillon [ie "It's a small world" with Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket] (water dark ride)
The Blue Fairy grants Pinocchio a wish. He asks that a huge carillon created by Geppetto come to life. No sooner said than done. Now Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket can explore various environments of the world depicted in the music box.
- Rapunzel: Escape from the Tower (dive coaster)
Join Rapunzel and Flynn Rider on a reckless adventure.
- Belle's Enchanted Journey (dark ride with trackless vehicles) *** [from Tokyo Disneyland]
- Peter Pan's Flight (family roller coaster - crosses with Hook's Plane) *
Follow Peter Pan to Neverland. But beware of the pirates on the attack...
- Mad tea party (tea cups) *** [from Disneyland Paris]
- Dumbo the flying elephant (the classic) *** [from Disneyland Paris]

Villains' Territory

Accessible from the Fantastic Realm and Space Expo through steam punk-style portals that look like gears, two entrances to a sort of factory whose walls are covered with brambles. The area is indoors and it feels like it's always night time. On the right from the entrance from Fantastic Realm there is a small lake with a wrecked ship (Hook's plan). On the left is the De Vils' manor. Proceeding clockwise we find the Bald Mountain (just scenery), the castle of The Horned King (The Hunger of the Black Cauldron) and the access to The Curse of the Headless Horseman.

- Hook's Plan (family water roller coaster - the ride crosses with Peter Pan's Flight) *
- The De Vils' manor (scary dark ride)
This manor is haunted by the ghosts of the victims of Cruella De Vil's mad passion for furs.
- The Hunger of the Black Cauldron (free fall tower with dark ride elements)
You are a prisoner of the evil Horned King. Can you escape him and the power of the Black Cauldron?
- The Headless Horseman's Curse (intense roller coaster) **
Beyond the bridge you will find salvation from the ghost. Will you be able to reach safety?

Space Expo

With the googie style from the 40s and 60s this is a futuristic area, but with a vintage flavor. A future imagined in the first half of the twentieth century is depicted here. The attractions are housed in showy pavilions with the most peculiar shapes.

- Meet the Robinsons - Louis's Incredible Adventure (interactive dark ride with 4D screens)
Help Louis defeat the robotic bowler hats that have invaded the world.
- Dinosaurs - The Time Machine (dark ride) *** [from Animal Kingdom]
A journey into the past, but be careful. Not all dinosaurs are friendly ...
- Stitch on the attack (family roller coaster, indoors)
The prisoner "Experiment 626" managed to escape aboard a spaceship. The one spaceship you are driving ...
- [Unnamed roller coaster inspired by "Treasure Planet"] *

*: just the name of the attraction, with no real ideas on how to make it happen
**: vague and confused ideas. There is a basic idea, but it is not clear to me how to make it effective
***: already existing attraction

Last edited:

Ludpat Mike

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Interesting. Can’t wait to see how you’ll include Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and 20th Century Studios in the park.
Actually I'm not going to put any of them in it 😅 Maybe I'll add them to a "second gate", but honestly I have just few ideas for some Pixar stuff and almost no ideas for the other franchises you mentioned (and a "best of what is already elsewhere" park is something I don't like that much).
At an early stage of ""design"" an indoor roller coaster themed to Buzz Lightyear was to be added to the sci-fi section (which was to be named Tomorrowland), but then I decided to keep Enchanted Kingdom more purely themed to the Disney Classics and Shorts.
Otherwise some of the franchises you mentioned would fit in the "Space Expo" area 🤔

Ludpat Mike

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
When I went to Italy, I was a little surprised to see that they don’t have much for theme parks there. Maybe there’s a latent demand for a park there...
According to some enthusiasts the market for theme parks is saturated. There are a few quite good parks (Gardaland, Mirabilandia, Magicland), but of course the quality is neither Disney nor Universal. There are also some very small parks with very small budgets, but creative enough to make sokething good (Movieland)
They are mainly concentrated around Verona (say near Venice), on the "Riviera" on the middle-north east coast and around Rome.

There's a lack of theme park culture as they are often seen as something for kids. Of course there are enthusiasts here, but probably fewer than elsewhere

Ludpat Mike

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Donald and the Dome CHAOStruction

INTRODUCTION: “Donald and the Dome CHAOStruction” is a top spin ride inside a dome of screens. The ride is toned down so that the vehicle doesn’t go upside down for most of the day. During the last three hours of park opening the ride gets more intense like a more usual top spin.
It is set during the Reinassance, so the characters wear proper attire for the time.

OUTSIDE: From the outside the only thing you'll see is a dome similar to the one of the Cathedral in Florence, but smaller. The lower part of the domenis partially hidden behind other buildings.
Challenge 2.jpg

QUEUE: The queue is set in a series of workshops where projects and sketches can be seen scattered around.

IMG_20200519_164954.jpg

PRESHOW: In a preshow Gyro Gearloose tells us what's the big deal: after the success of the dome of the Cathedral in Florence (designed by Filippo Brunelleschi [Brunelleskee]), Architect Gyro has been tasked to have another similar dome built for a church in a different Tuscan city.
We, the guests, are painters who have to produce a beautiful fresco portraying the two rich committees (two ducks, of course) as angels flying among the clouds. We'll use a particular machine – invented by Gyro himself - made of wood and ropes to help us reach the top of the building we are to paint. Gyro assures the machine is absolutely safe, dismissing the perplexity of a Donald who has been listening the whole time. Donald is really worried as some of Gyro's previous inventions have been troublesome.

LOADING STATION: After the preshow we are let in a small, dimly lit room with seats (we are boarding the gondola of the ride). On the sides of the gondola there are two paintings of the committees we are supposed to use as models.
IMG_20200521_121437.jpg

RIDE: As the actual ride starts all lights go off. We can't see it, but the “room” we are in has opened apart.
When the lights are on again we are in the dome (a dome made of screens) at night, where work is underway.
The machine we are on is pulled to the top via a system of ropes. But at the last moment one rope breaks sending us swinging around. Donald and other workers make clumsy attempts at saving us pulling or throwing other ropes resulting in a chaotic, funny situation.
As the machine is out of control some workers (and especially Donald) are “shot” onto the dome structure which cracks and then falls apart with loud sounds and smoke effects.
In the end we manage to land safely, but the dome is completely destroyed and Donald is hurt. Lights go out again. As candles are lit up again we find ourselves in the room where we boarded the vehicle.
As we exit the ride we hear Gyro Gearloose crying furious and accusing Donald of the disaster that has just happened.

ThemeParkPriest

Donald and the Dome CHAOStruction

INTRODUCTION: “Donald and the Dome CHAOStruction” is a top spin ride inside a dome of screens. The ride is toned down so that the vehicle doesn’t go upside down for most of the day. During the last three hours of park opening the ride gets more intense like a more usual top spin.
It is set during the Reinassance, so the characters wear proper attire for the time.

OUTSIDE: From the outside the only thing you'll see is a dome similar to the one of the Cathedral in Florence, but smaller. The lower part of the domenis partially hidden behind other buildings.
View attachment 518914

QUEUE: The queue is set in a series of workshops where projects and sketches can be seen scattered around.

View attachment 518915
PRESHOW: In a preshow Gyro Gearloose tells us what's the big deal: after the success of the dome of the Cathedral in Florence (designed by Filippo Brunelleschi [Brunelleskee]), Architect Gyro has been tasked to have another similar dome built for a church in a different Tuscan city.
We, the guests, are painters who have to produce a beautiful fresco portraying the two rich committees (two ducks, of course) as angels flying among the clouds. We'll use a particular machine – invented by Gyro himself - made of wood and ropes to help us reach the top of the building we are to paint. Gyro assures the machine is absolutely safe, dismissing the perplexity of a Donald who has been listening the whole time. Donald is really worried as some of Gyro's previous inventions have been troublesome.

LOADING STATION: After the preshow we are let in a small, dimly lit room with seats (we are boarding the gondola of the ride). On the sides of the gondola there are two paintings of the committees we are supposed to use as models.
View attachment 518916
RIDE: As the actual ride starts all lights go off. We can't see it, but the “room” we are in has opened apart.
When the lights are on again we are in the dome (a dome made of screens) at night, where work is underway.
The machine we are on is pulled to the top via a system of ropes. But at the last moment one rope breaks sending us swinging around. Donald and other workers make clumsy attempts at saving us pulling or throwing other ropes resulting in a chaotic, funny situation.
As the machine is out of control some workers (and especially Donald) are “shot” onto the dome structure which cracks and then falls apart with loud sounds and smoke effects.
In the end we manage to land safely, but the dome is completely destroyed and Donald is hurt. Lights go out again. As candles are lit up again we find ourselves in the room where we boarded the vehicle.
As we exit the ride we hear Gyro Gearloose crying furious and accusing Donald of the disaster that has just happened.
I’m a fan of having a ride that looks like a Cathedral on the outside!

Ludpat Mike

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Rapunzel: Escape from the Tower

20180929_151505.jpg

The exterior, with the Snuggly Duckling and the Tower in the centre, lots of trees, rocks on the left.
20180929_151514.jpg

The layout.
OSTERIA stands for "tavern"
GROTTA: cave
TORRE: tower
FIUME: river
ALBERI: trees
GROTTA: cave
LANTERNE: lanterns

Unfortunately I can't write more about it here, but you can find it by searching on google for "SHOULD TANGLED BE THE FIRST DIVE COASTER AT A DISNEY PARK?"
(If this is making me break some rule, tell me and I'll erase this last sentence ASAP)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom