Trip Report It’s Christmalicious Disney Time! COMPLETED!

Well hello fine forum members!

I’M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! TOMORROW! :eek:

With my hubby, too. I think he’s also excited :p

So... this is going to be my attempt at a live trip report. I have managed one or two years ago & failed miserably in more recent times, but I have really enjoyed reading everyone’s reports recently- it really helps with the Disney blues & the countdown to new trips! So I hope I can do the same!

Now the who, when and where- ‘tis my husband Russ and myself, Sam. And we’re leaving tomorrow for 7 nights at the Beach Club! We’re from the U.K. however we’re actually already in America- we flew out on Wednesday to Philadelphia, then got the train to Washington D.C. a day later. We love to see different cities over here & the route worked better with my air miles- plus it means we’ve settled & are over our jet lag in time for our Disney trip! We’ve had fun doing a mix of touristy things and exploring both cities & finding some great restaurants.

And now tomorrow we’re flying out of DCA to Orlando! The airport is a 15 min drive from our hotel & I also love that now we’re already in the US we won’t have to go through customs when we arrive in Orlando- it’s straight on to the Magical Express!
We’re flying with Southwest which we’ve done before- already checked in and in boarding group B which isn’t too bad.

So the reason for the trip title- well, who doesn’t partly/largely come to Disney for the food?! Ha well we do! It’s time to get it alllll in ma belly followed by many a Disney drink. That’s how we do Disney! I am so excited for our ADRs and the Christmas booths in Epcot! Plus, it’s nearly Christmas people! The things I pretty much love in life are Disney, food and Christmas. Hubs & family too, obviously, but... Christmas, delicious food, Disney, all together?! Come on! WOO HOO!

1C19F4FC-ADE0-4A34-AA64-10BAD623E0D3.jpeg

That was us on our last trip- New Years at Disney and the first week of January. And we both got a 48 hour sickness bug on NYE! We spent the evening listening to the fireworks from our room whilst very sick- and didn’t leave for 2 days! :depressed: So this is a redo sort of. Even when we were better both of us couldn’t really enjoy food for a few days. It was also really weird having everything still Christmassy for the week after New Years, so I’m really looking forward to it now being the build up to Christmas and then going back home for Christmas this time.

It feels like there’s so much more to see since last year too- Pandora, Happily Ever After, Sunset Boulevard Christmas stuff & Baseline Tap House & the Epcot Christmas Festival!

Oh- and it’s our 2nd wedding anniversary whilst we’re here! :inlove: I don’t actually think I could be any more excited... bring on tomorrow! :D

Last edited:

Ariel1986

Original Poster
It’s 5.30am and I’m too excited to sleep! We don’t need to get up for another 3 hours so I should probably try and sleep a little more...

I can’t believe we’re flying into 60’F weather though when it was 80’F last week & it looks like it might be again next week! :( Did we bring the British weather with us? o_O :rolleyes: Ah well, I’m still going to Disney World! And there’s time for it to bump up a few degrees later in the week. Come on Florida sunshine! :)

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Make sure it warms up a little by Thursday! (Although last weekend was a bit too hot for December for me so I really won’t mind sweater weather.)

Oh I’ll be trying to get it to! Maybe transfer a little Shirley status to me from being about no crowds... to no clouds or cool temps? ;) :cool:
I live in sweater weather land so not this week please! :bored:

Longers

392873FA-35AE-4F1F-B630-7FA3EF8D147F.jpeg
Have the most fab time - live Trip reporting is not easy (I should know) so i thank you in advance for bringing some Disney to our lives - good job you didn’t fly today though as we had lots of snow.
Enjoy your anniversary and I’m looking forward to re- living Disney through you as I have Disney blues and I’ve only been back around 3 weeks. Enjoy

Ariel1986

Original Poster
View attachment 249537 Have the most fab time - live Trip reporting is not easy (I should know) so i thank you in advance for bringing some Disney to our lives - good job you didn’t fly today though as we had lots of snow.
Enjoy your anniversary and I’m looking forward to re- living Disney through you as I have Disney blues and I’ve only been back around 3 weeks. Enjoy

I was just saying that to Russ, thank goodness we aren’t flying out of the U.K. today!

And thank you, I’m sure we will! I aim to at least post some photos if not some actual reporting. Have fun in the snow!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
We have arrived in Orlando! :D

The flight was fine and went quite quick- we’re now on the Magical Express & on our way!

Got some cool views of D.C. at take off!

853C1A49-41D5-47BE-A247-1B5179611EDE.jpeg

747A413C-8CAC-41D7-BF3C-05E43B099271.jpeg

53CD59DC-763B-4931-B176-13AB1A2F9040.jpeg

Snow below about half way there!

8C56B676-4088-4C1F-9168-CF762DFEC9DC.jpeg

Vodka orange & a coffee to keep us going!

84CA14F4-5D1C-4E6A-BC84-9EA1F9CE6BA9.jpeg

Orlandoooo!

62DA07A0-1BDD-45CE-A779-412AF2F7C95C.jpeg

On the monorail!

94DA9737-9583-466C-ADD0-D031E20DAE97.jpeg

Our bus!

BC852B80-AB10-4661-A039-AE814DD7CC73.jpeg

About to board...

1C174596-4499-4BD9-B9CD-51AF228371A2.jpeg

Oh, we’ve bought Scrump with us! Someone forgot to get him out to take pics on the plane though... o_O So here he is on the Magical Express!

F7355126-6DC0-4C2C-9CFF-60D6FBD35790.jpeg

And as I write this, we’ve just passed under the WDW sign! Woo hoo! Beach Club soon! We’ve made great time, we landed less than an hour ago!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom