Is voice on Haunted Mansion and PoC same as Tony the tiger?

Nut4Disney

Original Poster
I was just listening to a cd I made, and I noticed that the guy with the deep voice who sings "Grim Grinning Ghost" and "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Pirates Life for Me" sounds the same as the voice for Tony the Tiger (Frosted Flakes - They're Grrrreat). Does anyone know if this is really the same person or not?

DisneyPhD

Grim Grinning Ghosts is done by the same person that does Tony the Tiger(I forget his name off hand). I'm not sure about PoC.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
Thanks PhD! I was almost positive it had to be the same person.

Not remembering the name was bugging me so I did a little digging. He's Thurl Ravenscroft (how could I forget that name?)and he DID do one of the pirate voices too. Check out this site for more info.

http://voices.fuzzy.com/actor.idc?actor_id=1015

On a completely different subject, Thanks monorail256, I like it too. I liked my old avatar (Dixie Landings Logo) but somebody else decided they liked it too and adopted it. I wish they'd have asked me first .:rolleyes: This one's a little more personallized :D

AdLibSean

Answers

Hey! Yes, Thurl also does some singing for PoC, and possibly some character voices in that attraction as well. As does Paul Frees, the Ghosthost from HM. He's a BUNCH of the pirates, most noticably the pirate selling the women. You know, the "We want the redhead....." scene.

I tthink Jeremy Irons voice, on Spaceship earth, is so cool, spooky, and comforting at the same time. Dont get me wrong though. I like it in a heterosexual way.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!!

- The Seinfeld Cast -:zipit:

wyattkelly

Originally posted by fridgepoliceman
I tthink Jeremy Irons voice, on Spaceship earth, is so cool, spooky, and comforting at the same time. Dont get me wrong though. I like it in a heterosexual way.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!!

I'm trying to remember...who was the original voice for Spaceship Earth? I know it wasn't Jeremy Irons...

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by wyattkelly

I'm trying to remember...who was the original voice for Spaceship Earth? I know it wasn't Jeremy Irons... [/B]

Walter Cronkite was the original narrator for Spaceship Earth.

raven

Originally posted by Bdis86
Thurl Ravenscroft also does the narration for the Disneyland Railroad.

He also sang "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" in The Grinch that Stole Christmas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom