Is this a mistake of wording on Disney's Website?

FutureKid

Hello!

Just recently book a Disney World vacation and think I spotted an error on their website. I was going to let them know of it but just wondering if Disney's Port Orleans resort can also be refferred to by Disney's Orleans resort for short?

Because that's what their website greets you with after you have booked your vacation. Check out the screen shot below.

Kyle M

Capture2.png

But anyways!! YAY!! I'm booked!! :sohappy:

lighteningqueen

That's funny... wonder what it does mean... But I love that first page don't you??? Its such a good feeling opening that up and seeing your time left. Also much easier to navigate to me.. All your ressies pop up the whole thing instead of logging again and again. Even the dining on line is much easier to use.. LOVE IT!!!

Upvote 0

moonspinner

Congrats on your upcoming vacations! lighteningqueen, you are right... Dec seems so far away but it will be upon us before we know it. I have to admit that 30 days would be nicer though. :animwink:

I'm afraid I've only been to WDW twice (once as an infant and one day in the MK cut short my freshmen yr in HS) so I'm woefully ignorant and don't have an answer to the OP. But I saw you both are from TX and had to say Hey!!! Was born in TX and have some very dear family out that way. My DH doesn't get it, but I love TX. Feels like coming home. :)

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Its like no other place is it.. Where were you from here?? I am so ready for Dec and WDW.. It has been 2 years and we have a new grandchild well she will be 2 and it so infatuated with es, that is princess and her mom and I did NOT force this on her. I think she knows all about it because the last time her mom went was when she was pregnant with her. Do You think they know before birth ha ha

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is a mistake nothing more, nothing less. I'll wager that the person who put the description on the page has never so much as seen Port Orleans French Quarter.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Congrats on your upcoming vacations! lighteningqueen, you are right... Dec seems so far away but it will be upon us before we know it. I have to admit that 30 days would be nicer though. :animwink:

I'm afraid I've only been to WDW twice (once as an infant and one day in the MK cut short my freshmen yr in HS) so I'm woefully ignorant and don't have an answer to the OP. But I saw you both are from TX and had to say Hey!!! Was born in TX and have some very dear family out that way. My DH doesn't get it, but I love TX. Feels like coming home. :)

You are going to cry and I mean cry when you get there. It is so moving to enter the gates and see that castle and the main street..POP is so fun loved it there We are talking about swithing back to POP for this Dec and getting 2 rooms for all of us instead of Music which we LOVED, but POP is so Disney

Upvote 0

mp2bill

Hello!

Just recently book a Disney World vacation and think I spotted an error on their website. I was going to let them know of it but just wondering if Disney's Port Orleans resort can also be refferred to by Disney's Orleans resort for short?

Because that's what their website greets you with after you have booked your vacation. Check out the screen shot below.

Kyle M

Capture2.png

But anyways!! YAY!! I'm booked!! :sohappy:

That's kind of funny. No clue if it's a typo or not though.

Upvote 0

moonspinner

I was born in Arlington and have family in Dallas and Houston, as well as Merkel (near Abliene) as well as Columbus (little town about 45 minutes west of Houston). Good people. :animwink: Live in SC now, and have lived here for, well a long time... probably about 30 yrs. Blessed to have found lots of good people here, too. :)

lighteningqueen, congrats on your new gdaughter!! I lol when I saw 'es' means princesses. Mine are pretty much past talking like that, even with the youngest having speech issues and do miss it. So sweet. :) I'm sure it will be a very special trip for you all. Get LOTS of pics!! We only have one to prove I was actually there (I fear it's been lost over the years but I was in the tea cups).

I CANNOT wait. We are waiting to surprise our two girls and I fear I'm going to get all blubbery when we tell them.

Upvote 0

Tistal

I can't believe I haven't noticed that; I go to the page often just to see the count down. Consequently, I wish Donald gave me 30 days instead of the 109 mine currently reads :brick:

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

I was born in Arlington and have family in Dallas and Houston, as well as Merkel (near Abliene) as well as Columbus (little town about 45 minutes west of Houston). Good people. :animwink: Live in SC now, and have lived here for, well a long time... probably about 30 yrs. Blessed to have found lots of good people here, too. :)

lighteningqueen, congrats on your new gdaughter!! I lol when I saw 'es' means princesses. Mine are pretty much past talking like that, even with the youngest having speech issues and do miss it. So sweet. :) I'm sure it will be a very special trip for you all. Get LOTS of pics!! We only have one to prove I was actually there (I fear it's been lost over the years but I was in the tea cups).

I CANNOT wait. We are waiting to surprise our two girls and I fear I'm going to get all blubbery when we tell them.

We live in Eden near San Angelo and I know all your places very well. been there gone thru there going to do shows to sell our childrens furniture we make and handpaint.. Arlington used to be our best area ans so was Houston Nutcracker Rosenburg all the areas you state. I bet where you live is far prettier than here but we all are where we are. So you live much closer to WDW than we do so this year we are driving down. hate wasting 4 days doing that but the air fare is way to high. You have a great time as well and I want to see some pictures when you return,It will be magical and its only our 4th time. Harper is quite the missy and es her self. I am sure we will call them that the rest of her life. ha ha

Upvote 0

moonspinner

I bet where you live is far prettier than here but we all are where we are. So you live much closer to WDW than we do so this year we are driving down. hate wasting 4 days doing that but the air fare is way to high.

It's fairly green right now (even with the slight drop in rain) but my mom tells me that they haven't seen any 'real' rain in months. :(

I don't like being so far away from my family, but it will come in handy when we drive to WDW. Growing up we always drove to Tx and back, bc we just couldn't afford the airfare.

I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!!!

Tistal, I'm glad I'm not the only one that does signs in just to see the countdown on my resort page. Was thrilled the first time I saw that. Made it real for me. :animwink: That count down will drop faster than you think. I've been watching it from 191 days and we've hit 93 now. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom