Is there any way to ship food from Disney World to home?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Someone saw a video of the bacon cupcake at Epcot and was curious if I could somehow ship them a cupcake from the next time i'm at Epcot to their house lol this isn't possible is it?

Anyone ever ship food from disney world to home?

HouCuseChickie

I know getting food in and out of FL can be tricky just because they have all kinds of laws in place to help protect the citrus industry, among other things. If they'll let you do it, you'll likely have to have it done at some place off WDW property + pack it in dry ice to have it properly shipped home.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I know getting food in and out of FL can be tricky just because they have all kinds of laws in place to help protect the citrus industry, among other things. If they'll let you do it, you'll likely have to have it done at some place off WDW property + pack it in dry ice to have it properly shipped home.

I had shipped food to WDW resort for years, right to the resort. They held the box and kept it until I arrived.

belledream

My friend brought 4 turkey legs home on an airplane...kinda weird...but couldn't you take it in a box or something?

Minthorne

The plastic container they put "to go" cupcakes in at Main St Bakery was perfectly made to hold it upright and safe. But without personal handling if you shipped it I think it would still get pretty tossed around. I'm sure you could carry in a plane. If driving, it may be stale before you get home.

On a personal note - Cupcakes seem to always look better than they taste to me in WDW.

Disneyhead'71

Just as a visual reference, here is one of the amazing Maple Bacon Breakfast Cupcakes.

24b7rdh.jpg

dreamfinder

Disney won't ship food themselves. No guarantee how it will arrive, when it arrives, etc so it's not worth it. If you bring/find a box, you can go to the front desk/concierge at a resort, and they can ship things home via FedEx/UPS. May just take a white lie if they ask "Does this contain perishable items?" You will be charged the shipping rate via the FedEx/UPS calculator, plus a handling fee by WDW. Sometimes this is cheaper than having WDW ship things home from the store as those shipping rates are decided by cost and not size/weight, but WDW takes no responsibility for the package if something happens to it.

WDW 3

We brought treats home in our carry-on. Purchased and packaged by us at the former Main Street Bakery the morning we left.

Disney Shib

My friend brought 4 turkey legs home on an airplane...kinda weird...but couldn't you take it in a box or something?

I brought a pork shank home from Gaston's tavern during my trip in July. My mom couldn't make the trip down and they are her favorite so I grabbed one the day I left. They packaged it in a little plastic container. I wrapped it in some aluminum foil, put it back into the container and then put the container in a disney bag in my luggage. Direct flight back to Boston took about 5 hours from when I left MK to when I arrived back to Boston and the shank was perfectly fine! Cupcakes are a bit more fragile though. Worth a shot.

lebeau

I have brought home a box of cupcakes. We almost always have left over snack credits whenever we are on the dining plan. One year, my wife fell in love with the chocolate cupcakes at Port Orleans. Nothing special about them. They are plain chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing. That's why she loved them. She has simple tastes and finds most Disney cupcakes "too fancy". Anyway, we used all of our remaining snack credits on our last day on cupcakes to bring home. The woman at the bakery gave me a box. The ones we didn't eat on the flight made it home safe and sound. And then got eaten immediately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom