Is there a WalMart or Target..

lindam

Original Poster
..near Disney's Caribbean Beach? I will be going there on 7/28/03 for a week and renting a car, so I'd rather not overpack. I'd rather buy water bottles, snacks for room, and odds and ends when I get there. Thansk for your help!:wave:

mickeysaver

Directions to Super Walmart

Directions to WalMart from WDW
From Downtown Disney turn RIGHT onto Hotel Plaza Blvd
(towards the Crossroads shopping Center). At the light
at the shopping center (535) turn RIGHT again. Go all
the way to the end (where 535 and 192 meet) and turn
LEFT. WalMart is several miles down the road on your right.

I hope this helps. Mickey

wiskband

hi. i am not sure about the name or Route numbers but walmart is easy to explain how to get to. from your resort go torwards down town disney and then youll pass a strip of hotels. once you reach that intersection youll be facing CROSSROADS shopping center dont go there (very expensive there) make a right and take that a few miles down when you reach the end there is every store you can imgine there and they are divided by MARKERS. i am not sure which marker is walmart but it is on your left. chances are there is a target there to. good luck, i am sure someone will reply with the exact route numbers. have fun.

lindam

Original Poster
Thanks again. The last time we went to Disney we stayed off site in Celebration. This is only our second time there, first time on property, and I'm a bit apprehensive. I'm concerned of course about the amount of $$ we'll spend on eating, and about taking so much on the plane, like personals and stuff.

wiskband

I hear ya sister.... i have four young ones and money is a concern when we go. I'll tell ya I head to the super market first thing and buy water,milk and cereal donuts for breakfast. we buy plenty of soda juice and capri suns (which can be frozen and taken to the parks. we also buy cold cuts etc. for luch or late night munchies. I.m not sure about your tickets situation but we now buy park hoppers and not length of stay passes. the reason is that the day we get there or the day we leave is not really a whole day which you are paying for with the length. the park hoppers dont expire so we stretch a 7 day with four plus options in to two vacations. that always save us money. there are so many other things to do there too the day you arrive and the day you leave. be sure to check out the campground. they have a cheap breakfast buffet and dinner. doesnt have the characters but its a great palce and you can rent boats ( which are pretty cheap) while your there. its also a nice break. have fun.

tigsmom

Originally posted by lindam
Thanks again. The last time we went to Disney we stayed off site in Celebration. This is only our second time there, first time on property, and I'm a bit apprehensive. I'm concerned of course about the amount of $$ we'll spend on eating, and about taking so much on the plane, like personals and stuff.

You are right about food and drink being expensive. WalMart is a great idea. We always bring peanutbutter crackers/ trail mix, cereal bars etc. We usuall only have one big meal a day...snack at lunch and then a light meal at dinner.( If we plan a big dinner out light meal is bkfst). My kids graze all day long anyway so this works out for us.

Enjoy your trip!

:sohappy:

pepsistar

:) Did not see anyone mention this-- The Walmart just off the Turnpike and Oseola Parkway is open "24" hours!!!! Always good to know in case you need meds or diapers etc.

It sounds like the same one Mickeysaver and wiskband were talking about. I think there is another in Kissimmee?? ( I believe that is where the Target is on 192) Not sure of those hours.

Anyway it SURE does save a lot !!! I always bring snack, fruit and goodies with us and we live in the Fort lauderdale area. The $$$$ are really high for things at the hotels and parks. Unless is is a have to have ha ha. (rather spend my money on gifts etc)

Hummmm .89-1.29 for a gal. bottle of water or $2.50 at the park for a regular bottle! Oh My, do not forget to get a cheap ice chest-- unless you stay some place with a fridge- ( 10.00 -12.00 to rent per day at the Disney hotels)

Have fun!!!:D :sohappy: :wave:

colliera

Kissimmee Wal-Mart

Rather than give directions I'll just give you the landmark for it. You can get flyers that will navigate you there. It is located next door to Medieval Times on 192 on the right. It is one of the few Wal-Marts that also has a Wal-Mart travel agency in-store. Typically you can get attraction tickets at about 5% off gate prices for nearly anything. I bought 5-day Park Hopper Plus tickets with four plus options at a time when Disney was only offering two options for about $5 more.

Just before you get there a new Sam's Club opened last February which is on the left.

Maria

Re: Kissimmee Wal-Mart

Originally posted by colliera
It is located next door to Medieval Times on 192 on the right.

That´s what I was going to say! It´s hard to miss: Super WalMart open 24 hours! Everybody goes there! Driving time from Downtown Disney is about 15 minutes depending on traffic. :animwink:

Hurricane

Yup, always stop there on rainy days for ponchos, much better deal than ponchos in the park (we haven't bought ponchos from the parks since they were clear!)

PuertoRekinSam

reading the directions seemed a bit off to me, I understand what was trying to be said, but I want to make sure you don't get confussed.

You need to turn left on to 192 drive about three miles and Wal Mart will be on the right.

lindam

Original Poster
You guys have been such a great help. I am also a Sam's Club member, so if I really need to, I can also stop there. Wal Mart is the way to go, though. I will be picking up a cooler to store essentials, even if it is just for a couple days, like milk, donuts, cereal bars, etc. My girls are older, so they can live on snack foods. Do the rooms at the Caribbean have microwaves? For those of you who have stayed there, how are the rooms? I do have unlimited park hoppers which means all seven parks as many times as we want, every day if we want. Last time we could only do disney 2x and we never made it to epcot or mgm and I don't think AK was there. In 3 weeks we will be at the airport in ORlando hopefully with our luggage! :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There is also a Super Target off of 417, exit 11, I believe. My family stopped there on the way to our resort last year, and we plan to do the same thing in a few weeks. It's nice to do all your shopping before you get to the resort/parks, and sometimes it's not worth the trip to a Wal-Mart/Target just to save a few nickels and dimes.

lindam

Original Poster
Haunted Pirate, that is true about nickeling and diming, but I'm concerned more about breakfast foods and snack foods for late night munchies. I have totaled all my PS reservations I need to make, and they total $476.00! THere are 4 of us going. It adds up fast! Any suggestions on dining whether on or off property? I am going to the Lighthouse lobster fest off property. Sounds great, plus there is a coupon for early bird on line.

careship

The Wal-Mart is exactly where they say. It is a 24 hour super center which means groceries. There is also a Publix nearby if it's just groceries you need. We found that the Wal-Mart has the best prices for everything. They also have some great Mickey and Florida souveniers for wonderfully low prices.

EmeraldDolphin

Rte 192 is very easy to locate, and the WalMart is huge (comparing with the one near me at home) Target is on that same road, opposite side a bit farther down 192... more expensive though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom