Is the Pop Century any good?

Pabgo

I'm going to "The World" sometime around Nov. 22nd, for a couple of days, and we were on the overflow thing, and they put us in the Pop Century! For anybody that has stayed there, is it nice? Well, I'm sure it's "nice", because it's Disney!

stankly182

I love it! My mother and I will be staying there from now on. We were really impressed, it may just be a value, but it's a real quality place to stay! Plus the foodcourt is excellent!

Upvote 0

figment1985

I love the pop century, all the employees are very friendly, and it's very clean. They have a nice bar with great bartenders too (if you are into that drinking-thing after a long day at the park). They also have a nice sized disney world store beside the food court. We've stayed there twice and it's a great deal.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I have stayed there twice ~ it is a nice resort. Best of the value resorts with its own bus service. Nice food court with lots of options as well. Enjoy your stay!!

Upvote 0

bryPOD

I'll be stayen there in a month for 2 nights. How long are the bus trips to AK, MK, Epcot, and MGM respectively?

Also, is the food court open late and is it the same set up as All Star's?

Upvote 0

DisneyNme

Yes pop century is a great place to stay! We stayed there in 2004 and it was awesome. Dont have anything to complain about. Although the resort was only half done, the skeletons of buildings was kind of a bummer as you drive in the main entrance. Speaking of that.....Anybody know if they have completed the other side??

But I would definately stay there again! :D

Upvote 0

mac41099

We just stayed there about 3 weeks ago. It was really nice. It kind of surprised me a bit. We usually stay at the DVC resorts, so we are just used to the size, style, and theming of them. We stayed at POP Century through a vacation promotion and free dining plan.

The rooms are your normal hotel rooms (think Holiday Inn or Days Inn), but have Mickey bedspreads on them. The theming of the place in really neat in all the different decades. There are trivia signs all throughout the property of things that happened in specific years.

But, here is what surprised me and liked about it. The lobby is really nice and has a lot of toys from the past few decades all over it. The souvenier store and food court is integrated and always busy. Same with the pools. There is a big arcade, too. Even at 11pm at night, the place is hopping with people in the shop/food court, pools, and tables around the area. Made it nice to come back to a fun atmosphere after a long day at the park.

Don't know about bus transportation. We drove. The parking is really far from the rooms in a lot of buildings, so getting your luggage to it can be a pain.

So, if was a pretty nice place to stay and a lot of fun.

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

I love Pop Century!

By far the best value resort, and the only one to have a water view!

Bus service is awesome, and the cast members were incredible.

I think I'll always stay in the Pop Century, as I'd rather spend more time (and money) in the parks, rather than where I sleep and take a shower.

Upvote 0
We have stayed there twice and loved it both times. I would suggest getting a room close to the front if you can. It saves you time getting to and from the bus stop. Just walk through the lobby and your there. This is great when you have to carry sleeping children back to the room late at night.
Everyone was very nice. My kids really loved how the cleaning people would fold our towels into animals, they thought the huge icons were cool, and they still talk about the "shower flowers" at the pool.

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

The resort is really not very big. Even if you have a room farthest away from the bus stops or main building, it is always a pleasant walk due to the really fun theming.
It's a really fun place and well worth walking around to see those areas away from your room, wherever it ends up being.
The only other resorts I like better are Wilderness Lodge, the Contemporary, and the Polynesian. When money is no object, I'll go to those.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Pop Century is one of our favorite resorts. We will be staying there next month for the second time. The food court is great, the entire resort is spread out, there is lots to see, they have their own bus service to the parks...which we never had a problem waiting long for a bus at all. Overall I think that POP is a much better, and newer resort to stay, than the All Stars. Hope you have fun!

Upvote 0

Raven66

Our family (DH, DD 9 and I) love Pop Century. When we are able to go again it will be our 3rd time staying there. Every one is nice, the themeing is great and they have a wide selection at the food court. And there are 3 different pools. You will enjoy it. Have fun!:wave:

Upvote 0

AEfx

Unless I had a room at the GF or Poly (and someone ELSE was paying for it, LOL), I always choose Pop.

It's a definately step-up from the other values, as it ALWAYS has it's own dedicated busses (sometimes All-Stars do, sometimes they don't, you never know what to expect), and overall was just built with more consideration and using what they learned from building the All Stars the decade before.

The only real complaints I ever hear about Pop are that the food court gets crowded and that bus lines get crowded. Just about everything else I've ever read has been more of a complaint about values in general from people who wish they'd stayed at a deluxe, LOL. If you want a clean, comfortable room to sleep and shower in, Pop is absolutely ideal. And avoiding the bus and food crowds is sinfully easy : just don't be like everyone else. Don't eat at prime time every day, and get on the busses a little earlier.

Pop is a great resort, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom