Is The Castle Always Like This In September?

Figment82

well last year the crane was there to repaint the castle after the 50th ann. deorations were removed. This year is the first year that the castle will be getting the Christmas light display, but should it prove successful (which I can't see it not being) then I would assume it's safe to say that it will become an annual thing.

Rob562

well last year the crane was there to repaint the castle after the 50th ann. deorations were removed. This year is the first year that the castle will be getting the Christmas light display, but should it prove successful (which I can't see it not being) then I would assume it's safe to say that it will become an annual thing.

Also, future years might be installed faster because the current work also includes installing the required electrical systems to power the lights. I assume much of it will be permanent wiring so that the lights will just plug-in for future installations.

-Rob

jiminy.cricket

Also, future years might be installed faster because the current work also includes installing the required electrical systems to power the lights. I assume much of it will be permanent wiring so that the lights will just plug-in for future installations.

-Rob

Thanks! I was wondering if it would take less time in future years. I hope it will, just so the crane would be there for a shorter time!

CaptainMichael

Thanks! I was wondering if it would take less time in future years. I hope it will, just so the crane would be there for a shorter time!

The crane isn't harming anything. You can barely see it during the day.

If anything "blocks" the castle during the day, it's "Dream Along With Mickey" which pretty much eliminates the castle's Fantasyland entrance all day.

Dagger

The crane isn't harming anything. You can barely see it during the day.

If anything "blocks" the castle during the day, it's "Dream Along With Mickey" which pretty much eliminates the castle's Fantasyland entrance all day.

Ya, I found this a little annoying... on an EMH night we were there, though, and after the fireworks, they removed the ropes for a couple hours. It was so nice to be able to walk through!

CaptainMichael

I have been to Disney in Sept 4 Times and everytime there is a crane. This year will be the 5th time.

But, and let's be honest here, does it really affect anything but photos from behind Cinderella Castle? It's just kind of there...in fact I had to point it out to my roommate several times before he saw it.:shrug:

Silvermist

Just my opinion...

but cranes & construction walls detract from the magic. I know they're necessary and I think everyone is very, very happy they're finally taking care of all the much needed work around the World (also, those lights will probably be spectacular for Christmas) but it's a shame a crane has to be there yet another year. Even though it's well hidden, you can still see it and it's a big honkin' ugly crane! Hopefully in future years they can put the lights up in a very short period of time without guests ever having to see a crane.

All the special events and Holiday decorations are wonderful for the guests there during those times, but it's kind of a drag for the guests having to look at the work in progress.

I'm not in favor of anything that blocks access to the castle either. I wish they could present the shows without that being necessary.

Chape19714

Well, as I read in a guide many years ago, there are pros and cons of visiting in every month. In sept, there are low crowds, but there is some construction going on. In July, it's the opposite.

The main thing to remember is that Magic cannot maintain itself. Even the Disney magic needs some help from our Cast Members and Imagineers to refresh it's look. With the resort being it's current age, some of that activity must take place during the operating hours.

And for those of you who say that it never happened at Disneyland back in the 50s and 60s ("Walt's Time"), please remeber that Disneyland didn't always operate 7 days a week, and had days built in to the schedule for upkeep.

DisneyMusician2

Well, there are precious few times, without closing the park down, that work like this can be done! Unfortunately, September is a very off-peak time with schools in session and is a logical time to do refurb and construction work. There are pros and cons to travelling every time of the year.

dismedic

Well, as I read in a guide many years ago, there are pros and cons of visiting in every month. In sept, there are low crowds, but there is some construction going on. In July, it's the opposite.

The main thing to remember is that Magic cannot maintain itself. Even the Disney magic needs some help from our Cast Members and Imagineers to refresh it's look. With the resort being it's current age, some of that activity must take place during the operating hours.

And for those of you who say that it never happened at Disneyland back in the 50s and 60s ("Walt's Time"), please remeber that Disneyland didn't always operate 7 days a week, and had days built in to the schedule for upkeep.

Very well put! Kudos to you for saying like it should

CaptainMichael

I don't know...I've been backstage and I go to the parks all the time and see many contstruction walls when I walk around, but it is still magical to me:shrug:

jt04

Just my opinion...

but cranes & construction walls detract from the magic. I know they're necessary and I think everyone is very, very happy they're finally taking care of all the much needed work around the World (also, those lights will probably be spectacular for Christmas) but it's a shame a crane has to be there yet another year. Even though it's well hidden, you can still see it and it's a big honkin' ugly crane! Hopefully in future years they can put the lights up in a very short period of time without guests ever having to see a crane.

All the special events and Holiday decorations are wonderful for the guests there during those times, but it's kind of a drag for the guests having to look at the work in progress.

I'm not in favor of anything that blocks access to the castle either. I wish they could present the shows without that being necessary.

They can do anything with respect to timeframes but it would be much more expensive and that would raise prices and then people would whine about that too. :hammer:

Silvermist

They can do anything with respect to timeframes but it would be much more expensive and that would raise prices and then people would whine about that too. :hammer:

yeah...I'm sure you're right about that. I hope I didn't come off as complaining in my previous post. I'm thrilled with all the work that's finally happening.

I think it just seems more of an issue for guests this year because there is so much construction going on all at one time. But this is all work that's long overdue and what we're getting at the end of the day is well worth it! I'm so happy they have restored HM and SSE will hopefully be as well done. Next... Space Mountain!!!!

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom