Is Star Wars Weekend for Kids?

linn9431

Original Poster
I have boys that are 5 and 7 and are really into Star Wars movies and tv show but I don't know if it is worth the crowds. I see a lot of autograph sessions and things for adults that know the background on the actor and voices but my boys don't know any of that. Is there anything more for kids and would it be worth it for my family?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Padawan mind challenge, Jedi Training Academy and the character meet n greets are great for kids. Many will also enjoy the Behind the Force and Stars of the Saga and Hyperspace Hoopla shows. As far as autographs go I would not recommend this for little kids especially if who they want to see is remotely popular. Getting fast passes for this are not to bad for the voice talent from Clone Wars but the line ups for popular past guests like Ray Park, Billie Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew, etc begin at around 1:00 AM.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have boys that are 5 and 7 and are really into Star Wars movies and tv show but I don't know if it is worth the crowds. I see a lot of autograph sessions and things for adults that know the background on the actor and voices but my boys don't know any of that. Is there anything more for kids and would it be worth it for my family?

Absolutely worth it. My son was 6 when he went and loved every minute of it. The characters do a good job of interacting with the kids and you see many more characters than those just at the M&Gs.

minniemickeyfan

Are there lots of people dressed up as star war characters?

Not a lot of people do, but it is certainly acceptable and people do including adults. My teenage daughter dresses up every year.

To answer the OP, there is lots of stuff for the kids to do and I like how they have the good side characters in one area, and the dark side in another. We never do the autographs from the actors, but do for the characters Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Luke, Leia, Chewbecca, Ewoks etc. Last year we even met C3PO for the first time.

Thomas morrow

The Padawan mind challenge, Jedi Training Academy and the character meet n greets are great for kids. Many will also enjoy the Behind the Force and Stars of the Saga and Hyperspace Hoopla shows. As far as autographs go I would not recommend this for little kids especially if who they want to see is remotely popular. Getting fast passes for this are not to bad for the voice talent from Clone Wars but the line ups for popular past guests like Ray Park, Billie Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew, etc begin at around 1:00 AM.

Master Yoda This is our first time going to SWW and I am a big Clone Wars fan and would love to meet James Arnold Taylor or Ashley Eckstien what would be a good time to line up for fastpasses for their autographs and if my wife and I are going does each person get a fastpass or is it one per group. thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Master Yoda This is our first time going to SWW and I am a big Clone Wars fan and would love to meet James Arnold Taylor or Ashley Eckstien what would be a good time to line up for fastpasses for their autographs and if my wife and I are going does each person get a fastpass or is it one per group. thanks
Their line ups have not been too bad in the past. You wold probably be safe getting in line for them between 7-8 AM on a non-EMH morning. Each person will get one fast pass which is good for one autograph. They will not let groups in with a single fast pass. Sometimes the CM's will be a little more flexible about this with the less popular celebrities but I would not bank on it. If we have a situation where my kids want to meet the celebrities more than the wife and I we will split up with the kids in the lines in the morning and get enough fastpasses to cover just the kids. We will then let them meet the stars while we wait on the other side of the rope and take pictures.

Thomas morrow

Thank you for your wisdom Master Yoda much to learn I still have :) I'm sure you would have to stake out a good spot for the hoopla pretty early but how about the other shows like JAT one man show and the behind the scenes shows Thanks again

erasure fan1

but the line ups for popular past guests like Ray Park, Billie Dee Williams, Peter Mayhew, etc begin at around 1:00 AM.

Man Master Yoda, as much as I wouldnt mind Ray Park autographing the box of one of my few Darth Maul 12" figures from the phantom menace. Im not sure Going out that early is worth it. Star wars blasphemy I know!:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thank you for your wisdom Master Yoda much to learn I still have :) I'm sure you would have to stake out a good spot for the hoopla pretty early but how about the other shows like JAT one man show and the behind the scenes shows Thanks again
I would get there no less than 1/2 an hour before show time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom