Is Star Tours due for a rehab?

Lee

Adventurer
It ismy understanding that plans for a redo of Star Tours is are pretty far along, with the main focus being one, or maybe more new destinations.
However, there is a conflict between Disney and Lucas, mostly a money problem. Lucas is more than willing to help with the new ride films, providing that Disney is willing to upgrade the projection and sound systems to a purely digital format, like he now shoots his films.
So far, Disney has yet to decide that it is worth the money to do a retrofit.
But, Jay Rasulo has a long history of dealing with outside sources and sponsors for attractions, and I would not be surprised to see him take an interest in getting this done. The relationship with Lucas is one of the most important that Disney has, and I highly doubt that they will risk loosing it.

We'll see.

Scooter

I guess I'm the only one who Likes Star Tours just the way it is.:(

I'll never forget the first time I rode it how impressed I was with the great simulator effects. I try and remember that every time I go on this ride and I Love it just as much the 10th time I rode it as I did the 1st. You have to remember one thing...MOST people don't go to the parks as often as us Disney Freaks so it's like a brand new ride to most people.

I've heard alot of people say they want to update this ride. While I can understand their feelings, especially the people who frequent the park, how come no one ever suggests that Disney Update that It's A Small World ride? If a ride ever needed to change..it is THAT one...talk about monotonous !! :hammer: :lol:

Come on...everyone sing it along WITH me:

"It's a Small world after all...it's a small world after all!...."

Hahaha..now you'll ALL have that song in your head for HOURS!!:animwink:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Scooter
I guess I'm the only one who Likes Star Tours just the way it is.:(

I'll never forget the first time I rode it how impressed I was with the great simulator effects. I try and remember that every time I go on this ride and I Love it just as much the 10th time I rode it as I did the 1st. You have to remember one thing...MOST people don't go to the parks as often as us Disney Freaks so it's like a brand new ride to most people.

I've heard alot of people say they want to update this ride. While I can understand their feelings, especially the people who frequent the park, how come no one ever suggests that Disney Update that It's A Small World ride? If a ride ever needed to change..it is THAT one...talk about monotonous !! :hammer: :lol:

Come on...everyone sing it along WITH me:

"It's a Small world after all...it's a small world after all!...."

Hahaha..now you'll ALL have that song in your head for HOURS!!:animwink:
I agree with you on Star tours,But don`t you be dissing It`s a small world!:mad:

Gregory

I heard that they weren't going to change ST for ep.1 a few years ago, but instead were going to make an addition to it, featuring pod racing, but the whole thing fell through. Oh well...

Hochmania

The preshow video is pretty funny, and original(no other vids to my knowledge use non-humans in their seating portion) and Chewy being flashed is great :lol: Plus, who knows...maybe in a galaxy far, far away 80's fashion is all the rage

monorail256

I love Star Tours, Star Wars, and everything with the word Star in it. I just dont see a rehab happening anytime soon.. but.. hey, do we really need one right now? There's other things out there that need a rehab even more.. can you say Body Wars? Hmm....

~Off Topic~
Darth, I saw your avatar and I thought "Oh man, someone knows my password and is starting to post using my name!" until I saw it didnt say monorail256.. geez dont scare me like that :)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by monorail256
I love Star Tours, Star Wars, and everything with the word Star in it. I just dont see a rehab happening anytime soon.. but.. hey, do we really need one right now? There's other things out there that need a rehab even more.. can you say Body Wars? Hmm....

~Off Topic~
Darth, I saw your avatar and I thought "Oh man, someone knows my password and is starting to post using my name!" until I saw it didnt say monorail256.. geez dont scare me like that :)
Oh sorry,didn`t know you had that avatar,I`ll change it! :D

Maerj

Scooter, Monorail,

I agree with you guys, I love Star Tours too, and anything Star Wars related. The topic brought up was rehab, so I was just saying that if they do rehab it, it would be cool to take it to the next level. 3D is the way to go for rides like that, with more effects inside of the ship. A new ride film could take riders to new planets and put you into different situations.

(And put an animatronic Watto in the gift shop. Watto rules!!!)

(Oh! And add some Pit Droids somewhere as well, they were funny! Maybe a pre show where they attempt to load or repair the vehicles or something?)

:sohappy:

EchoOfOphelia

Originally posted by bgraham34
As a Star Wars Fan whatever they end up doing I will not be surprised if it sucks.
Originally posted by Catch 22
Awww, did GL rape your childhood with Episode I too????? :lol:

Mine too guys.... mine too :cry:
But more so with Episode II, what on EARTH was he thinking???? George Lucus shouldn't be allowed to direct them anymore. :mad:

Maerj

Yeah! Why let anyone direct their own stories! :veryconfu

Actually, I thought Episode II was one of the best out of the entire series! Go Yoda!

no2apprentice

Originally posted by Maerj
Yeah! Why let anyone direct their own stories! :veryconfu
Because not everyone is good at everything. Lucas is a good technical director, has good visual insights, and good at story. But if you compare SW 4, 5, and 6, there was far better character development in 5 and 6. That's because Lucas didn't direct, but opted to choose two other directors. I shudder to think how the scenes would have turned out with Vader telling Luke the family tree, or Luke sharing the same truth with Leia. But hey, just my opinion.

Back on topic, isn't the simulator system in ST like one or two generations out of date? Someone once told that ST's system is only four directional, while newer systems are eight directional. Is this the case?

Maerj

One or two generations out of date? It was like one of the first simulator rides of its kind! Yes, I would say that would be several generations old.

Second of all, even though Lucas hired other directors for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, he was on set every day. Also, he directed many scenes himself, including the pivotal scene where Vader takes his mask off at the end of Jedi.

If you, and others on this thread would like a deeper look into the prequels try going to this site:

http://www.suite101.com/articles.cfm/16739

Start with the first article, "The Wisdom of the Living Force." After reading these articles you will gain a greater appreciation and understanding for what Lucas is doing with the prequels. The articles are written by Paul F. McDonald, who is a scholar of all things Star Wars, but more importantly of religion, history, folklore and mythology. These are some of the best commentaries that I have seen for the film series.

EchoOfOphelia

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Because not everyone is good at everything. Lucas is a good technical director, has good visual insights, and good at story. But if you compare SW 4, 5, and 6, there was far better character development in 5 and 6. That's because Lucas didn't direct, but opted to choose two other directors. I shudder to think how the scenes would have turned out with Vader telling Luke the family tree, or Luke sharing the same truth with Leia. But hey, just my opinion.

I second that....

imagineer boy

Originally posted by no2apprentice

Back on topic, isn't the simulator system in ST like one or two generations out of date? Someone once told that ST's system is only four directional, while newer systems are eight directional. Is this the case?

THREAD DRIFT

Yeah, I agree. The prequals are good, but here are the things that could've made them better:

Some better acting ( especialy Hayden Christainsen :hurl: )

Jar Jar being a little less annoying.

Just think, if these things had been different the movies would be alot better. George Lucas is a good director, but he is not good when it comes to acting.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Some better acting ( especialy Hayden Christainsen :hurl: )

*GAAAASSSPPP* :eek:
i've always thought of him to be a pretty good actor. i dunno...i can't really judge his acting fairly, to be honest...i'm too distracted by his hotness *blush* :p :hammer:

but i completely agree. the ones that Lucas didn't direct were so much better (Return of the Jedi being my ultimate fave) though, i gotta admit, i think he's getting a tad bit better. Ep. 2 was far superior to Ep. 1. i can barely stomach Ep. 1...the majority of it is just so boring! though, Darth Maul had did some stunning work with that double saber! (go Ray Park! woo!)

darthdarrel

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
*GAAAASSSPPP* :eek:
i've always thought of him to be a pretty good actor. i dunno...i can't really judge his acting fairly, to be honest...i'm too distracted by his hotness *blush* :p :hammer:

but i completely agree. the ones that Lucas didn't direct were so much better (Return of the Jedi being my ultimate fave) though, i gotta admit, i think he's getting a tad bit better. Ep. 2 was far superior to Ep. 1. i can barely stomach Ep. 1...the majority of it is just so boring! though, Darth Maul had did some stunning work with that double saber! (go Ray Park! woo!)
Return of the Jedi was my favorite,but Empire strikes back I liked THE LEAST Of all of them,Heck I liked Episode 1 better the Empire!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom