Is Spaceship Earth becoming more popular?

Disneyfan21257

Original Poster
One of my main traditions is to check Undercover Tourist's wait time list every day. Spaceship Earth is my favorite ride, and one of my most favorite parts is the short wait times. However, I noticed on the app that wait times have been 30-50 minutes long at some point! When I went in June 2012 the full line queue was used and I never knew it had such a large queue. So what do you guys think? Is the ride growing in popularity? Does it deserve it? Thanks and btw it's my first thread!

matt9112

SSE seems to oddly attract waves...(due to its location possibly) one minute the entire que area is full (granted that's only a 10 minute wait or so) and you will walk past in an hour and theres not a soul.

Jeff456

Hopefully this was just caused by a wave, this is one of my favourite attractions but I am definitely not accustomed to waiting for it!

jonesenon4

sse is also my favorite at epcot. its always the first and last thing we do at epcot. but like others have said during our last couple trips the lines have been strange. one minute no one is in line the next its a full que so i agree with others its just a timing thing.

Jenna

I'd say it is definitely to do with location, EPCOT was the first Disney park that I visited and SSE was the first ride I went on, simply because it was the first one we came to and the excitement of getting 'on' something was too much!

acishere

The last 2 years I've gone to Epcot I've noticed the line for SSE is completely full. The line never stopped moving though so we were on in 10 minutes even with all the queue mazes for the ride we has to cross to get there.

luv

SSE gets lines In late morning/early afternoon, especially on busy days. They lighten up later...usually.

We waited about ten minutes yesterday in the early afternoon.

Moniemon97

We went in early August and there was no line what so ever. We even asked if we could stay on and ride again. They had no problem because no one was there. :)

ExtinctJenn

The last 2 years I've gone to Epcot I've noticed the line for SSE is completely full. The line never stopped moving though so we were on in 10 minutes even with all the queue mazes for the ride we has to cross to get there.
Agreed. We too have noticed the queue completely full on many occasions, in fact our past two trips (early 2013 and 2011) that was the case. Later the same day we'd go by and it'd be empty. It's one of those attractions that tends to flucuate a good bit. In the mornings, as someone else mentioned, it tends to be busy because people hit it as they are walking in. It's the only attraction that you don't ultimately have to walk to get to after you enter so makes sense. We've noticed too it tends to get busy around lunch on occasion. I can only assume that's because folks have filled up on food and aren't up for a ride on say MS, TT or Soarin'. All I know is... every time I see the queue full I am thrilled. It's one of the last classics left (though obviously once you get past a certain point it's not-so-classic any longer) and a favorite of our family.

MOUSEGIRL

When we went in March this year the line was long almost every time we went past. Finally on the last day of our trip we bit the bullet and got in line because we cant visit WDW and not ride SSE. To my surprise we only twisted and turned in the maze for ten minutes and then we were on the ride. We had 9 people in our group only three are Disney vets all others had never been so I had planned out every day and they were amazed that we did every thing in all the parks in 5 day including a wishes cruise and the guys played golf one afternoon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The waves theory is probably a solid one. Could be related to ride breakdowns too. Since the line constantly moves it can appear very backed up if the ride has to stop for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom