Is Space Mountain Closed for Renovation?

scottsalisbury

Original Poster
I thought I read here on the boards that Space Mountain was closed for renovation. I just spoke to a friend of mine who went to WDW last week and said it was open.

Scott

castlecake2.0

The Space Mountain at Walt Disney World is still open, the Space Mountain at the Disneyland Resort in California is (or soon will be) closed for a massive refurbishment, including a new track, and should be complete for Disneyland's 50th.

:king:

WDWspider

Originally posted by castlecake2.0
The Space Mountain at Walt Disney World is still open, the Space Mountain at the Disneyland Resort in California is (or soon will be) closed for a massive refurbishment, including a new track, and should be complete for Disneyland's 50th.

:king:

Do you just mean track replacement, cause everything I have heard and read say the track layout is to remain the same, but nearly everything else will change or be updated.

wdwfan22

Disneyland's Space Mountain is currently closed. The rehab is to reconstruct the track. However the track layout will remain the same as before. :animwink:

ToTBellHop

They are actually adding a completely new track, because the current one needs to be replaced, but yes, it will have the exact same layout, so guests won't notice any difference, there. Other than that, we will see new trains, new music, new ride theming, a new queue, and a new preshow in April of 2005, when the 18-month 50th Anniversary Celebration starts. It will feel like a completely new ride experience to guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom