Is Poly Luau worth $, DisneyQuest?

aTmfan

1st time to WDW. Will be at WDW in May w/ wife and twin 7 yr. olds. Was wondering if Luau was worth the price tag and if kids would enjoy? Also heard DisneyQuest was a blast but need info. Also trying to fill a couple of evenings (so far we have Illuminations, Chef Mickey's and Miniature golf planned). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Staying at Contemporary so inside tips via monorail would also be appreciated. Thanks!!

Epcot is my fav

Ok......Disney Quest is Great!!!!! it is so much fun, i cannot say enough good things about it....it is fun, there are so mnay things to do and the cheesecake factory has great desserts!!!!!! Mini golf is one of my fav things to do in WDW.....with my family we always break up into 2 teams of 2 and have a competition.....like usually the winner gets to pick something that they want....like a restuarant choice or souviner!!! its great...do you have any specific questions that i can answer???

Upvote 0

freaklarm

The Luau is not longer an option since Disney closed that show early this year, thay are working on a new dinner show but I have no idea when this is going to open, maybe someone out there know???

Upvote 0

KathyG/poohbear

I thought the Luau was now open.....I might be wrong....definitely mini-golf and there are 4 very different courses so you may want to do it more than once. We also like to go to Downtown Disney and shop at night.

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

Originally posted by KathyG/poohbear
I thought the Luau was now open.....I might be wrong....
I believe I read something that you are right, the Luau was open again, but it's a different show. I might be getting this confused with something else, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the show has changed.

Upvote 0

Bagheera

Originally posted by no2apprentice
I believe I read something that you are right, the Luau was open again, but it's a different show. I might be getting this confused with something else, but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the show has changed.

The Luau is indeed open again, with a new storyline (called "The Spirit of Aloha") and a rehabbed Luau Cove. Go to http://www.wdwig.com/luau.htm for info and reviews.

Upvote 0

Brett

For me, DisneyQuest was a blast!! It probably has something to do with my addiction to videogames. Really great stuff in there, and as always, it never hurts to try things out!

Upvote 0
If you have 7 year old twins I honestly think Disney Quest would be a pretty steep price to pay unless you have an AP or something like an ultimate park hopper that allows you one of those option. Please consider this...my kids absolutely love the game room at the contemporary and its open really late also since you are staying there you would not even have to leave the hotel. I guess its definetely better than a glorified chucike cheese with all the games. I know alot of the games at disney quest would be hard for your kids to do, height wise and dexterity etc. I even think some of them have height requirements if I am not mistaken like the buzz one and maybe the roller coaster simulator one. THey would enjoy the create zone and the jungle cruise is pretty nauseating. You will have to consider this. Heah, the contemporary game room is free, it will only cost you for the games you play and they have a great prize redemption counter. The attendant kept telling my kids to hurry up as they had so many tickets to cash in. We did this when we stayed at the Poly and there was a huge thuderstorn. We sent them off on the monorail with 15 y.o. ds. in charge and they came back with balls, stuffed dogs etc. At Disney Quest we usually let the kids run wild and DH and I hide out at the Cheesecake Factory enjoying the fab brownies and strawberry smothies. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I'd say skip the Luau, as I didn't find it to be that good of a show and the food was mediocre at best.

Instead.....Check out the HOOP-DEE-DOO Review for a dinner show! The food and service was much better, and it's a fun show the whole family can enjoy!

It will give you a chance to check out the Wilderness Lodge and the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds when you go over to see the show too!

HAVE FUN!!!

:wave:

Upvote 0

Sherm00

OK you can't please everybody. We went in august. I don't know about the new show but the new shows looks good also. it is open. The food, well Idon't know about anyone else but me and my wife thought it was fablous and she is a very picky eater. the show was FANTASTIC, and at $50 with ALL DRINKS INCLUDEING BEER AND WINE ETC included it's well worth the price. me and my wife do not drink but still well worth it. dessert was awesome. It's not a buffet, and you do get alot of food for the price, but be realistic, your buying the food plus drinks plus the show, for $50. i Highly reccomend it.

Upvote 0
I also had another thought. How about if you and your wife go to the luau and leave your kids at the neverland club. My 3 DS just loved this place and its right at the polynesian. They give you a beeper and the kids get sprinkled with pixie dust and its set up with a peter pan theme. The kids can have a buffet dinner, mac and cheese , chicken nuggets, etc. They have lots of cozy pillows, disney movies, a tepee with a granny type lady, once of my ds was playing disney bingo and 2 were playing free video games and I think they might have had a computer too.This will give you and your wife some special time alone together and the money spent on your kids would be well worth it since they would probably not enjoy the luau too much. I personally did not like the luau. I even fell asleep. DH and I both got sick from the food, and I did not enjoy sitting at at long table with other people who were complete strangers. One was a honeymoon couple who honestly looked liked they wanted to be alone in a more romantic atmosphere and the other was a family where the wife kept asking me if we had been to this place or that to eat and what were my opinions etc. So much for our privacy too. But it is a decision you will have to make. Hope the info helps and happy planning.

Upvote 0

dreamer

Disney Quest is like Disneyland-in-a-box plus video arcade. IMHO there are too many other things to see to waste your time on Disney Quest. I would definitely skip it unless you are REALLY into video games or if it's raining hard and you melt when you get wet.

Illuminations, Chef Mickey's and mini-golf are great.

The Boardwalk has live, free entertainment and GREAT restaurants.

What about Fantasmic at MGM? and the MK fireworks? and Spectromagic (one of my favorites)? Are they not keeping the MK open later any of the nights you're there? If not scheduled now, keep checking because sometimes they change that literally at the last minute.

Upvote 0

dreamer

Originally posted by Sherm00
...ALL DRINKS INCLUDEING BEER AND WINE ETC included it's well worth the price. me and my wife do not drink but still well worth it. dessert was awesome. .....

I have to say that the drinks included was the best part of the luau but trying to get refills was the problem. Our waiter had a special talent for not seeing or hearing us when we needed something.

I wouldn't recommend the show unless you have dough to blow and nowhere else to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom