Is it wrong to re-do a castle?

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Ok, I know the castles are very important in Disney but a few thinks always bugged me. One of those things is realism. Everytime i see Sleeping Beauty Castle i hate the fact that it doesnt even look like anyone could live in there because its not tall, wide, and too thin. it looks nothing like the movie. And im not fond of how they dont have interiors for the most part.

I also hate the whole, only having Cindy and Sleepy can have castles mindset. That brings me to my point. Now i know no one can touch Disneyland's castle but would it be wrong to tear down the one in Hong Kong to either, make it Snow Whites Castle or a real looking SBC?

Hong Kong
Castle sould reach about 100ft and maybe have a few rooms in there as well.
If its Snow Whites, wouldnt it be cool if they had a castle walk through that showed all the places the evil queen did her, well, evil? Maybe a dark boat ride through her secret river place?
The extirior wouldnt look much like the movie's because the one in the movie was...kinda ugly http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070215195210/disney/images/e/ef/Queens_castle.jpg
The interior wouldnt be arch shape.

Paris
I know their castle took the most creativity and detail but i think it would fit beter as Enchanted Castle (beast castle). if they repaint it, add a gargoyal or 2, repaint the hill, and add a ball room and water fall it would work http://www.alaska.net/~animate/store/castle.jpg . Only because there already is a SBC in Cali. The dragon lair could become like the dungeun or something?

Tokyo
It would be ashame to change this castle because the use it so much better than WDW (except the brown paint job) So it could either stay the same or turn into Enchanted castle if paris stays the same. but i think they should keep it the way it is.

jt04

^ Interesting thoughts.

I've always thought each park should have a distict castle specific to a unique character. It is too late for that but I wish they had gone that direction. They are so iconic to Disney it would have been nice to see each built.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Well speaking of being themed to characters- Im not sure. It would be perfect to have a diferent princess rule over the parks. Or maybe the queen of hearts castle or any other castle that doesnt belong to a princess.

Regardless, I still want to see different castles in each park and want all of them to be explorable at least the way Paris' is set up.

In my fantasyland post i explained how WDW could have a giant expanded castle not themed to any specific character.

As for Hong Kong- Its not too late is it? Its onlt been 5 years and its not like it was really something to be missed....is it?

MarkTwain

Generally I think that the castles are too iconic to just change overnight. As much as I wish Tokyo hadn't copied Orlando's Cinderella Castle, the castle is now over 25 years old and it can't really change at this point.

That said, I would LOVE it if part of the expansion of HKDL involved completely redoing their castle, to Snow White or some other movie. Disneyland's castle should have remained the one that was completely unique, and Hong Kong needs a symbol to distinguish it from the other parks.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Well hong kong is still young and tokyo treats their castle better than WDW. There gonna add a ball room soon! so i think in actuality, WDW and HKs could change. I know wdw is like 40 but it is wd WORLD

JustInTime

I agree with JT. Each park should have their own castle. But I am with with the way they all currently are.

P.S. I am all for the conspiracy that Disneyland's is really Snow White. I think Walt's slip gave it away.

Omegadiz

Original Poster
Well even if you dont build an entirely new structure or give it a new name could you still "expand a castle thus making more noticable differences?

IWant2GoNow

^ Interesting thoughts.

I've always thought each park should have a distict castle specific to a unique character. It is too late for that but I wish they had gone that direction. They are so iconic to Disney it would have been nice to see each built.

This is the route I personally feel Disney should have taken. When I was younger and first found out about other Disney parks NOT in the states, I always assumed that they had different castles than DL's or MK's. But I assumed incorrectly. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom