Is it time Disney bring back ticket books?

Driver

Thanks that's what I was looking for. Hard to believe there is almost twice the numbers of AP holders in California than Florida resident APs. The Florida number is closer to 650,000. I can understand how that could make a huge difference.
Agreed that's why my input was assuming we were talking about FL. I didn't know that about CA either.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
F

For every one out of state APer there must be at least five locals who go once a week or two. One million APers is unfortunately most likely very accurate and has been mentioned by several insiders.
So even if most only go once a month that's 12 million visits per year.

So going on that Math, AP holders are 33,000 on any given day. This has opened my eyes quite a bit. When I was an AP holder in Florida, we went more like once a week, and always got the passes with no blackout dates.

Driver

88,000 was the number before the Fantasyland expansion. the old phased closing went from 56,000 to 65,000.
Ok but the phase B's I'm talking about were from this past holiday season. So the 88,000 was in conversations with managers a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say that's old information. I can easily ask again tomorrow to verify to make sure we got the right figure, no biggie.

Darkbeer1

Anaheim is surround by over Ten Million folks within an easy one day drive, heck over 5 are within a 3 hour drive including traffic issues.

Disneyland was designed as a locals park by Walt Disney, who only expected a small percent of visitors in his original design, and why he picked Anaheim, in which research studies would be the center of the area in the future, and was only a few miles off.

Driver

Anaheim is surround by over Ten Million folks within an easy one day drive, heck over 5 are within a 3 hour drive including traffic issues.

Disneyland was designed as a locals park by Walt Disney, who only expected a small percent of visitors in his original design, and why he picked Anaheim, in which research studies would be the center of the area in the future, and was only a few miles off.
Good points all the way around! Those are big numbers wow! So I guess my remarks were irrelevant if you guys are talking about CA anyway.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Ok but the phase B's I'm talking about were from this past holiday season. So the 88,000 was in conversations with managers a few weeks ago. I wouldn't say that's old information. I can easily ask again tomorrow to verify to make sure we got the right figure, no biggie.

My numbers are a year old. They may have dropped due to new codes or something.

Driver

This is why I love the forums when everyone can discuss things like adults. Sometimes we learn something that we may pass on in another discussion.
Precisely! I tend to proceed with caution as I have seen to many people who care more about proving their right than listening to another point of view and maybe have to admit they may be mistaken. I have no problem admitting I'm wrong, and I try to be respectful to other people's thoughts and opinions. It is refreshing to have a good discussion without someone trying to be a know it all.... I thank you! It's perfectly ok to disagree just be respectful is how I like to roll 😊

JD2000

Original Poster
I agree with the original poster's argument that ticket books would help distribute guests more evenly across the parks, however nothing is going to solve overcrowding until they finally lower the cap on the park's capacity and sharply rein in on the AP program.
It was not an idea to redistribute crowds, but rather an idea to bring fairness, as you would only pay for what you actually get to ride on an specific day, as crowds these days are busy and unpredictable. But that is not to say it wouldn't help to redistribute crowds. I also liked the idea of paying only for what you use, as you do with souvenirs or food, providing a more consistent experience. And to use automation such as magicbands would be helpful to make the experience convenient and easy to use, as people today expect, and reduce any possible addition costs.

D

Deleted member 107043

It was not an idea to redistribute crowds, but rather an idea to bring fairness, as you would only pay for what you actually get to ride on an specific day, as crowds these days are busy and unpredictable.

Understood, but the system had the side effect of distributing crowds more evenly because you only had X number of tickets, with attractions categorized A to E, unless you purchased more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DLR92

I really don't want to see a return of ticket booths. Seem cheap for big brand amusement parks, like Disney. The way to travel and plan a vacation at Disney or even Seaworld in that manner would turn me off. Might as well go to the state fair than plan day at Disneyland. or plan a better vacation elsewhere.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Let’s keep debating a crowded theme park. Ticket books are in the past. No one has them anymore in any scenario. They are a waste because people won’t use every single ticket. Then there’s Fastpass that uses tickets, but it’s virtual Fastpass in the new update. People are still going. Ticket books won’t restrict attendance, which is why there’s a problem in the first place. It’s not an issue of one person repeatedly going on Space Mountain that’s causing the problem. Getting on the ride even once is hard.

Driver

You seriously got my curiosity going, I'll get back to you with an answer if you'd like.
Ok sorry it took a few days but I needed to get to the right guy for accurate information. (I learned a few things myself) the figures we threw around including the one I used (88,000) are numbers they try not to use. When I asked and included this number I was told the hole thing is based on , "on property resort guest". They know what percentage of guest are resort guest vs off property or locals by the computer tracking when you go through the turn style. So they want to always leave room for the percentage of resort guest that are not at the park (yet) and at the same time may or may not come that day. So in other words they want to leave room in case those guest show up so they won't be turned away. ...... The answer was quite long winded and I only gave you a piece of it. He also mentioned that with the expansion of the "hub" this allows for more capacity. And although it seems contradictory they don't want to use hard numbers as a gauge. If I left you with more questions than answers I apologize but feel free to ask them and I will do my best to elaborate on the information he gave me.

George Lucas on a Bench

What? So you're saying DL was designed only for people who happened to live around it?

Phroobar

What? So you're saying DL was designed only for people who happened to live around it?
Walt only bought as much land as he could afford. He build it in a place where he would get new freeway traffic and knew the area was going to grow. He always wished he could have bought more land around it. He didn't even have enough money to built a hotel. The Disneyland concept had never been attempted before outside of Knotts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom