Is it ever too cold to go to the water parks???

snoble

We are planning our vacation for next year and I was wondering if there are any months that the water parks are a no no. Next year will make our fourth trip but this year is the first year we have ever done the water parks (the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon is my new favorite:D ) We were leaning towards the begining of March or late September early October

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It depends a lot on where you're from. I've been in January/February and enjoyed the water parks and resort pools while people from warmer climes have looked at me like I was crazy! :shrug:

Of course, they might have been looking at me that way for other reasons... :shrug:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Historically you should be OK but you never know. Orlando actually had snow flurries last winter so anything is possible. You will also need to confirm the operational status of the water park you wish to go to as they periodically close for refurb around that time of year.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

You can never tell- I've spent Christmases at WDW where I've worn my winter coat. (And still there were people in the water parks)

My hubby and I split two weeks with his mom in April at the campground. My week was hot and I spent a lot of time at the pool. :sohappy: He packed for that weather. His week was frigid. He had to buy warm clothes. :mad:

It's hit or miss. Make your plans for whenever- I'd lean towards Sept/Oct.- Our November trips have always been warm!

You can always change plans....................

Have fun!

Upvote 0

WhyteAL

Sept/Oct would be your best bets for water parks, being a floridian March is too chilly for us. Plus for the past 2-3 years we have been getting these late winter storms...If you could call it that.

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We went to Typhoon Lagoon last November. We are from the UK so the weather was fine for us. It was cold though when you got out of the water - it was fine in the water, but cold when you had to walk through the park wet.

Upvote 0

pacochran

Like others have said it depends on what you are use to. We are from New England where the ocean is cold even in August, and my kids love the water.
Last year we were in Orlando the end of November beginning of December, and one night we came back from the park and it was probably mid 60's but the pool was heated and we went down to the pool for a swim. It was great because we were the only one's at the pool it was like a private pool party. Getting out of the pool was a little cool but not bad.

It was kind of funny because here we are in the pool and one of the lifegaurds had a jogging suit on and the collar way up because he was cold.

Upvote 0

Joepic

I remember when I went around November. To us, it was very warm and we decided to go in the pool, but then to be surprised that it was completely empty, and the lifeguards were wearing gloves.

Upvote 0

morgan22

We spent a day at Typhoon Lagoon last march and it was scorching - but I think you'd be more likely to get warmer weather in Sept/Oct - I think we were just lucky.

Upvote 0

Siege898

It should not be around that time, unless you are from Florida of course. Heck, I can't go until its over 80 degrees. But you should be fine weather wise.

Upvote 0

CatLady

Generally, Orlando gets its coldest days in January and February. If it is cold enough (with highs in the lower 50s, for example), they will choose not to open the water park that day (during the winter, they rotate which is open and which is under rehab). The cost to operate the whole park doesn't justify the dozen of you who are going to go no matter how cold it is.

They do try very hard not to have the park closed two days in a row, so even if it's cold two days running, they are likely to pick the warmer of the two and open then.

Upvote 0

Philo

I was there mid January this year and we went to BB (TL was closed for maintenance - something to look out for if you do go in the off season. They don't close a ride but the whole park!).

We are from England so we are quite used to cold weather. We turned up at 10am and I was fine - a little cold when not in the water but my GF said it was too cold for her so didn't spend long there. As a general rule I would say that if you don't dry off quickly in the sun then its too cold.

Don't try and plan a day to go to the parks either, you need to have a couple of possible water park days and wee how hot and windy it is in the morning.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom