IOA in Hollywood?

Blake

Original Poster
I was just wondering if Universal had any plans to build a IOA out in Hollywood- i'm not really aware of the surroundings or anything out there so i dont know if they have much space or anything...

maelstrom

I like USH just the way it is. I'm looking forward to going back. But my poor E.T. is gone. And the Victoria Station restaurant. *tries not to get all sentimental*

Yes, but I don't think IOA would be good for USH. *nods head in affirmation*

Blake

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyFan 2000
Hope not!

I like it as a one of a kind park!

They are all ready doing enough by cloning spiderman!

So wait a second...

Are they cloning Spiderman??? Or are you saying it would be bad enough to just clone Spiderman..?

maelstrom

Originally posted by Blake
So wait a second...

Are they cloning Spiderman??? Or are you saying it would be bad enough to just clone Spiderman..?

Spiderman is taking the place of my poor defenseless E.T., I think. Is this correct, someone?

maelstrom

Originally posted by Swagger
There is nothing about a Spiderman now. The Mummy is taking ET's place.

ahh, i thought spiderman was taking et's place in ush, and the mummy was taking kong's place in usf. *shrug*

Favrefire4

Well now this would be well uh...........impossible. The room there is slim to none. They already had to take a lot of it from the studio and there is no way a whole additonal park could be built here, it just wouldn't be phesiable.

Blake

Original Poster
Oh i see- so building a second park would basically bee impossible although i still wodner what they were thinking when they sold their expansion land....

Disneynutcase

As a Valley boy who lives 10 minutes away from USH, I can honestly say that they'd have to somehow buy up a lot of developed real estate to add IoA out our way. Although that doesn't mean they couldn't find space somewhere for it in Southern Cal. But still...

Even though we're a bit more spread out, we're a lot like Orlando to Tampa Bay--lots and lots of theme parks to choose between from San Diego to Valencia/Santa Clarita.

And since I've been living here, two have closed down--used to have a Busch Gardens in Van Nuys and a Marineland in Costa Mesa. Granted they both closed 15-25 years ago.

In my opinion, IoA would have to be built full-scale to compete with DL resort, Knotts, and Six Flags Magic Mountain--all of which are well-attended mainstays with comparable attractions.

I'd prefer a few more rides at USH, being that they are practically giving away all day passes to get people in the park. Mummy addition is cool and will spike attendance. But what about Jimmy Neutron, MIB, and Spiderman? It's not like they don't have space for one or even all three. All they have to do is what they've done in the past--get creative in their ride spaces--a whole area of the park is built over a parking garage. I believe the T-2 3-D resides in this area.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Blake
So wait a second...

Japan is getting a new spiderman (but same story)! Sorry, it's not relivant, but I liked it one of a kind! :cry:

I wouldn't like ioa being cloned!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom