Rumor International Project/Rumor Tracker

Gusey

Original Poster
  • Since there isn't a Rumor Tracker for the International Parks, I thought I'd set one up. If I miss anything, please feel free to let me know so I can add it to the Tracker
  • This is a collection of rumors from trusted insiders (not wild speculation or assumptions). They don't come from me. The information had been originally posted to the various threads of the forum and are just repeated and collated here. There is a link as to where they came from.
  • If you want to discuss or comment on the rumors, then follow the link and post in those threads.
  • Do not comment or start discussions in this thread. The moderators will delete them.
  • Do not ask if there are updates. Go to those threads and ask there.
  • It's OK to discuss the rumor as rumors... as to their source and conflicting information and updating out of date rumors.
International Parks Rumors/Inside Info/Timeline on WDWMagic -- Jump to...
Other Rumor/Timeline Trackers for WDW/DL/DLP:

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Tokyo Disneyland Resort
Tokyo Disneyland Park
  • Space Mountain Update (under construction, opening 2027):
    • Announced April 2022 - [Official] [Discussion]
    • Groundbreaking Ceremony May 2023 - [Official]
    • Original Space Mountain closing July 31, 2024 - [Official]
    • Cosmic Rewind without the Guardians? OLC likes Cosmic Rewind ride system? Doesn't mean anything - [Source] [Source]
      • Probably not as piece of track is either Drop Track or Bungee Lift - [Source]
    • Intamin coaster, not Vekoma - [Source]
    • Trademark filed for SPACE MOUNTAIN EARTHRISE [Source]
  • Reach for the Stars (Tokyo Disneyland New Nightime Show) (September 20, 2024):
    • Ron Colvard added to his Itinerary early - [Source]​
    • New Projection Show starting September 20, 2024 - [Official] [Discussion]​
    • Name announced as Reach for the Stars (June 2024) - [Official]​
    • DEBUTED
  • It's a Small World with Groot (January 15 - June 30, 2025):​
  • Wreck-It Ralph Replacing Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (2026)​
    • Announced April 2024 - [Official] [Discussion]​
      • Buzz Lighyear closing October 31, 2024​
  • Adventureland update?
    • Land clearing behind Pirates of the Caribbean (September 2024) - [Source]​
  • Critter Country/Westernland Expansion:
    • Cars Land considered to replace Rivers of America (November 2012) - [Source]​
      • Cars Land cancelled - [Source]​
    • Balloon Testing Spotted in 2016/18 - [Source]​
    • Balloon Testing Behind Rivers of America (August 2023) - [Source]​
      • Based on Space Mountain Timeline, if project still in development it is in its blue-sky phase and will be announced in 2026 - [Source]​
    • Bowl Testing Behind @ OLC offices, behind Rivers of America (September 2024) - [Source]​
  • Splash Mountain retheme:
    • Princess and the Frog retheme considered in 2020, "discussions still under way on whether to change the popular attraction following a decision by Disney in the United States to change the theme of the ride at two of its amusement parks there" "An Oriental Land representative said the company was aware of the proposed change for the U.S. amusement parks, adding that at this point, only consideration was being given about what to do with the ride at the Tokyo park." - [Source]​
    • September 2020 - OLC rejects Princess and the Frog retheme, planning on keeping Splash Mountain for the moment - [Source] [Source]​
    • "Wild" rumor that OLC considered a Zootopia retheme at one point (August 2022) - [Source] [Source]​
    • Always a chance another theme could come to Splash Mountain (Feb 2024) - [Source]​
    • Pressure from WDC on OLC to retheme Splash in the next few years (April 2024) - [Source]​
      • A Sweetheart deal between Disney and OLC could impact OLC's decision to retheme Splash Mountain [Source]​
    • Maybe a potential a Duffy retheme or something to do with Bears? - [Source, Source, Source]​
    • Expected FY 2030 once Space Mountain is finished with a different IP to Princess and the Frog - [Source]​
    • In active development - [Source]​
Tokyo DisneySea
  • Fantasy Springs Opened June 6, 2024​
  • Hangar Stage:​
    • To receive a new show (June 2024) - [Source]​
    • Either new show or Party Gras returns - [Source]​
  • New Broadway-style musical show:​
    • Ready in time for 2026 - [Source]​
  • Mermaid Lagoon Theater
    • Waiting area receiving a major refurbishment - [Source]​
    • No updates - [Source]​
Miscelaneous:
  • Project ":)":
    • Expected to be completed by 2030 - [Source]
    • Tokyo Disney more aggressive approach to adding IP to the park - [Source]
  • Permanent Marvel Attraction at Tokyo Disney Resort:
    • OLC being forced to add a Marvel Attraction to the resort - [Source]
  • Disney Cruise Line sailing out of Tokyo - [Discussion]
    • Announced June 2024 - [Official]
    • First new ship scheduled to start operating early 2029, will be Wish-Class - [Official]

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
Hong Kong Disneyland:
  • Marvel Themed area/Avengers Attraction:
    • Avengers E-Ticket Replacing Autopia (November 2016) - [Source] [Discussion]
    • New Marvel area announced (May 2017) - [Official]
    • Ant Man attraction confirmed as a Marvel attraction (October 2017) - [Official]
    • New E-Ticket could be Tower of Terror ride system (July 2021) - [Source]
    • Hong Kong Disneyland not given up on Marvel Expansion (May 2023) - [Source]
    • An E-Ticket for Tomorrowland is still in the works - [Source]
    • Preparation has begun for the remaining “Marvel-themed area” (June 2024) - [Source, Source]
    • Official announcement in August 2024, Spider-Man themed Drop tower - [Official]
  • "Re-imagined" Project:
    • Preparation has begun for the remaining“Re-imagined” projects (June 2024) - [Source, Source]
  • New 20th Anniversary parade:
    • Ron Colvard added to his Itinerary early - [Source]
Hotels:
  • 4th Hotel?:
    • Plot has had its vegetation cleared, but it could be for Marvel prep - [Source]

Last edited:

Gusey

Original Poster
Shanghai Disney Resort
Shanghai Disneyland:
  • Spider Man Double Launch Rollercoaster with Switch (Project @):
    • Finding a manufacturer (August 2021) - [Discussion]
    • Vekoma awarded contract (November 2021) - [Source]
    • Project got approved, unannounced (November 2023) - [Source]
    • Announcement of a new attraction located adjacent to Zootopia but separately themed (March 2024) - [Official]
    • New Land will consist of one rollercoaster and 1 merchandise shop - [Source]
    • Officially announced, Spider Man Rollercoaster - [Official]
  • Toy Story Mania:
    • Rumored to be announced by or at D23 - [Source]
      • Didn't happen
Resorts:
  • 3rd Shanghai Disney Resort Hotel (Project Triangle):
    • Initial Discussion (December 2022) - [Discussion]
    • Leaked Concept Art, Princess themed (April 2023) - [Source]
    • Groundbreaking (September 2023) - [Discussion]
    • First official Concept Art (March 2024) - [Source]
  • Second Gate:
    • Original 2010 plans for Shanghai Disney Resort show a second gate - [Discussion]
    • Nothing has been announced/rumored that 2nd gate is in the future, but the 3rd hotel shows that Shanghai are sticking to the plan
Miscellaneous:
  • Iger says there is some nice expansion opportunities at Shanghai Disneyland (May 2024) - [Source]

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Thanks a lot for this, I had always wished for a TDR rumor tracker.

For TDL, there is always speculation about an eventual Splash Mountain replacement, but I don't think there is any current insider word beyond fan speculation. TBA was reportedly rejected by OLC back in 2020.

May also be worth mentioning there were several reports that OLC was impressed with the Cosmic Remind tech and that it might be used for Space Mountain 2.0.

Also several insider posts from years past that OLC passed on Cars Land and I think also Galaxy's Edge.

I don't know @SweetDuffy101 personally, but they seem to have some connections and have called things accurately in the past. Any additional rumors will probably require digging through Japanese language sources and unfortunately I don't know who in that space is credible and who isn't.

Thanks again for making this.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

Thanks a lot for this, I had always wished for a TDR rumor tracker.

For TDL, there is always speculation about an eventual Splash Mountain replacement, but I don't think there is any current insider word beyond fan speculation. TBA was reportedly rejected by OLC back in 2020.

May also be worth mentioning there were several reports that OLC was impressed with the Cosmic Remind tech and that it might be used for Space Mountain 2.0.

Also several insider posts from years past that OLC passed on Cars Land and I think also Galaxy's Edge.

I don't know @SweetDuffy101 personally, but they seem to have some connections and have called things accurately in the past. Any additional rumors will probably require digging through Japanese language sources and unfortunately I don't know who in that space is credible and who isn't.

Thanks again for making this.
The “eventual Splash replacement” is speculation due to fan reasoning. The only reason it would happen would be if TWDC stateside forced them to and threatened to pull their license unless they complied. They had reason to during the development of TBA, since OLC could have shared the budget with them, but now that the ride has been budgeted and is almost complete, it’s kind of a wasted effort.

Gusey

Original Poster
NEW: Shanghai Disney Resort says a new attraction is in the preliminary planning stages and "initial preparation work for construction" recently started in an area adjacent to Zootopia land. The attraction will be "separately themed" and not an expansion of Zootopia land.

Gusey

Original Poster
Just curious, where are the rumors of Midway Mania for Shanghai?
An insider did an updated rumor post on Friday for West projects around the world are expected to be announced this year, but as always, it is a rumor until confirmed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom