Interesting Sandwiches

NewtoDisney2009

Original Poster
Hi! My family loves a good, interesting sandwich. We love crazy ingredients, but we also love good quality. Where (especially in the parks) can we find some?

minnielaw

Earl of Sandwich in DTD has some great sandwiches...fresh baked bread and quality ingredients.

In MK, Sleepy Hollow Refreshments has a spicy chicken waffle sandwich with arugula that looks good, but I have yet to try it.

In DHS, Starring Rolls has a HUGE ham or turkey sandwich with fresh mozzarella, sundried tomatoes and lettuce that is large enough for two. Don't miss out on the phenomenal cupcakes while you are there!

Boardwalk Bakery has some good looking sandwiches, several of which are new to the menu since the refurbishment....a lobster roll; roast beef and provolone with Horseradish on a Kaiser roll; fresh mozzarella with oven-dried tomatoes and arugula on herb focaccia; oak grilled salmon with bacon, watercress, pickled cucumbers and chimichurri; herb pork loin on apple slaw and a smoked turkey on white bread.

The recently opened Les Halles in the France pavilion in Epcot has a ham and cheese with mustard butter on a demi baguette; a turkey sandwich with bacon, lettuce, tomato and garlic aiol; a chicken breast sandwich with tomato, red onion and pesto; and some good looking quiches.

Hope this helps!!

Aiyake

One of the best sandwiches that I've had on property was at the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway. They have a limited selection but they're very delicious! My mom also enjoyed hers as well :)

And people already said it, but Earl of Sandwich in DTD is great too. Fresh and nice sized portions.

crispy

I second Kringla Bakeri at Norway. The sandwiches are really good and different. Plus, they have amazing pastries for dessert.

I also like the sandwiches are Starring Rolls and Earl of Sandwich.

DisneyDebNJ

I have to admit, I have yet to try Earl of Sandwich (I know, right?!??!?) My poor husband, on our last 5 trips, wanted to stop here, but with Food and Wine, we were so busy, never got the chance. This year is a must do!! We are from New Jersey, we LOVE sandwiches. Having said that, the tuna sammie at CHH was really good :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I have to admit, I have yet to try Earl of Sandwich (I know, right?!??!?) My poor husband, on our last 5 trips, wanted to stop here, but with Food and Wine, we were so busy, never got the chance. This year is a must do!! We are from New Jersey, we LOVE sandwiches. Having said that, the tuna sammie at CHH was really good :)
Is there some sort of relationship there that I'm not aware of? I even Googled it...:D

Weather_Lady

Is there some sort of relationship there that I'm not aware of? I even Googled it...:D

All I can think of is Joey from "Friends" and his love of sandwiches. :)

Perhaps it's a regional love -- we're from upstate NY, just a few hours away from New Jersey, and we never met a a good sandwich we didn't like here, either. Most local restaurants, regardless of their specialty, have large sections of the menu devoted to hot sandwiches, cold sandwiches, wraps, etc. I'd always assumed that was the case everywhere, but maybe not?

Weather_Lady

To answer the OP: Tamu Tamu, a small counter-service place in the Animal Kingdom in "Africa," serves a sandwich we love: BBQ meat on a soft pita with a cold cucumber mint sauce. Although we ate at some great table service places on that trip, that sandwich, purchased on a whim because Tamu Tamu was the closest place to grab lunch when we got hungry,was DH's and my favorite thing we tried.

DisneyDebNJ

All I can think of is Joey from "Friends" and his love of sandwiches. :)

Perhaps it's a regional love -- we're from upstate NY, just a few hours away from New Jersey, and we never met a a good sandwich we didn't like here, either. Most local restaurants, regardless of their specialty, have large sections of the menu devoted to hot sandwiches, cold sandwiches, wraps, etc. I'd always assumed that was the case everywhere, but maybe not?
you're right... a good sandwich, is a good sandwich LOL Personally, although not considered a *sandwich*, the Casey's BBQ slaw dog comes to mind. In Jersey, a good hard crusted roll, with meat, cheese and olive oil is a great sandwich LOL

danpam1024

Kringila- Ham and apple sandwich
Earls Holiday sandwich (ONLY during the holidays even though it's now offered all year)
And the croissant breakfast sandwich from the BW Bakery- nothing special, just makes me feel like I'm on vacation :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom