Input Appreciated!

KristiGate

Original Poster
Hello! I am new to the forum. We booked our family's flight to FL to visit Disney for 8nights/9days and then are staying in Daytona for 4 more nights to visit family. We are on an extreme budget and need to do this as cheaply as possible. I know that under 3 are free. We have 4 kids- 12, 6, 2 and an infant. If I book the Disney portion with just my older 3 listed, it is $1000 cheaper than if I add our baby into the equation due to capacity restrictions in the rooms. We want to say at a value resort and can only afford the pricing when it is quoted without the baby. Ethical or not, I am wondering if they would need to know the baby is in our room? I am confident we can all fit into the room. If we don't tell them, will she still need a pass to get into the parks even though she is free? Is there a way around it if that is the case? More specifically, does she need an admission card or would we just carry her right into the park even if we had her listed on our stay? Any input would be greatly appreciated. We are really hoping to make our kids dreams come true!

luv

Baby and 2yo are free and do not require a pass to get into the parks.

Disney requires that you list everyone on the reservation. You are not supposed to sneak extra people (even very small ones) into the room.

If you do a little research, you will find many cheap places off the Disney property that will easily accommodate your family. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Ethical or not, I am wondering if they would need to know the baby is in our room? I am confident we can all fit into the room.

I appreciate what you are saying. Beyond that the odds are they would never know. Just like schools they want to know in an event of devastating emergency the head counts of rooms, beyond the capacity limits they have set.

While you are searching and deciding look also at the Hilton across from DTD. Their room rates are sometimes lower than a value and they have Extra Magical Hours afforded to them by Disney. Our room had two queen beds and a daybed. The room is so much larger than the values and frankly much nicer. It is something to consider. Our room, when we visited also came with a free, full breakfast daily, something else to ask about.

daisyduckie

So you know what you want to do is wrong (is in effect stealing from WDW) but want to know what might happen if you get caught?

You can be told to purchase another room at rack rate.
You can be kicked out of your room.
You could be banned from WDW.
If God forbid there is a fire or any other emergency, rescue services won't know you have another guest along. Which child would you be willing to not have fire rescue look for?

Not sure if you plan on using Magical Express to get to your Disney resort or not. However, you won't be able to. Everyone who gets on a bus must be listed on a resort reservation. Including babies. Everyone.

If you are trying to make your kids dreams come true may I suggest saving up until you can stay on site and pay for the space you need? Or stay off-site? There are many places you can stay off site for a fraction on what you pay to be on site. There are even people who rent campers and set up tents so you could stay at Fort Wilderness. Much better than having to try and hide one family member for your whole stay. And hoping the whole time housekeeping or another guest doesn't report you.

BCVTalsJam

So you know what you want to do is wrong (is in effect stealing from WDW) but want to know what might happen if you get caught?

You can be told to purchase another room at rack rate.
You can be kicked out of your room.
You could be banned from WDW.
If God forbid there is a fire or any other emergency, rescue services won't know you have another guest along. Which child would you be willing to not have fire rescue look for?

Not sure if you plan on using Magical Express to get to your Disney resort or not. However, you won't be able to. Everyone who gets on a bus must be listed on a resort reservation. Including babies. Everyone.

If you are trying to make your kids dreams come true may I suggest saving up until you can stay on site and pay for the space you need? Or stay off-site? There are many places you can stay off site for a fraction on what you pay to be on site. There are even people who rent campers and set up tents so you could stay at Fort Wilderness. Much better than having to try and hide one family member for your whole stay. And hoping the whole time housekeeping or another guest doesn't report you.

Ok I think someone needs calm down OMG

I_heart_Tigger

As someone else mentioned Mousekeeping will know there is an infant in the room and they will likely report it if their records show that there is not supposed to be. If you choose to do this you should be prepared to suffer the consequences ie: paying additional rate for the room or being told to purchase a 2nd room.

Personally the anxiety of wondering every time you leave or come back to your resort if you are going to be asked to come to the front desk to discuss a "situation" isn't worth it in my opinion.

Also, I agree with the fact that if you can't afford to go to Disney you shouldn't go to Disney. I recently had training with the Canadian Disney rep and she stated that they do not hide the fact that Disney is a premium priced product. If you cannot afford to stay on property, then stay off property. There are wonderful options off-site.

I can't afford to visit Disney World every year and I can't afford to stay in Deluxe resorts everytime I go (even though I would like to) :) . There are a lot of options off property that include transportation to the parks and some additional perks that can accomodate your family. You can often get a larger room off property for less than a value resort. I suggest you go that route rather than risk having to shell out money for an extra room or suffer the embarrasment of being kicked out of the resort and having to explain to the other kids that "Mommy and Daddy lied and got caught and now we all have to leave Disney."

ratherbeinwdw

Hello! I am new to the forum. We booked our family's flight to FL to visit Disney for 8nights/9days and then are staying in Daytona for 4 more nights to visit family. We are on an extreme budget and need to do this as cheaply as possible. I know that under 3 are free. We have 4 kids- 12, 6, 2 and an infant. If I book the Disney portion with just my older 3 listed, it is $1000 cheaper than if I add our baby into the equation due to capacity restrictions in the rooms. We want to say at a value resort and can only afford the pricing when it is quoted without the baby. Ethical or not, I am wondering if they would need to know the baby is in our room? I am confident we can all fit into the room. If we don't tell them, will she still need a pass to get into the parks even though she is free? Is there a way around it if that is the case? More specifically, does she need an admission card or would we just carry her right into the park even if we had her listed on our stay? Any input would be greatly appreciated. We are really hoping to make our kids dreams come true!
You could get two standard rooms at the AoA for less than one of their suites and you would still have two bathrooms. You just wouldn't have a microwave. I don't know if they have ajoining rooms, there wasn't in our room, but you should be able to get them side by side and if not, you could all spend your time in one room and simply sleep in two. You would be legal and safe that way.

"Don't ask; don't tell." I've never heard of the Disney police kicking anyone out of their room, but I guess it could happen. How can mousekeeping determine how many people are sleeping in your room (and do they really care?) I've never taken DME from the airport, but maybe they do a head count? If you're driving, it shouldn't be an issue. Do most people get indignant about extra people in a hotel room or it specifically Disney hotel rooms that cause this reaction?

wiigirl

Since you are staying in Daytona for 4 more nights to visit family, I assume you will have a car rental. Have you considered offsite hotels or condos? A nearby 2-bedroom condo (lots of space) often costs less than one Value Resort room.

Always a good choice!
75.gif

stevehousse

If u have a rental car I would suggest getting a vacation home. We use villa direct and they have homes literally right outside the disnt world complex. We have stayed with them twice now ad get a 5 bedroom home with a pool for just under 100 dollars a night. Not to mention our house was 3 stop lights away from the Disney entrance sign.

daisyduckie

"Don't ask; don't tell." I've never heard of the Disney police kicking anyone out of their room, but I guess it could happen. How can mousekeeping determine how many people are sleeping in your room (and do they really care?) I've never taken DME from the airport, but maybe they do a head count? If you're driving, it shouldn't be an issue. Do most people get indignant about extra people in a hotel room or it specifically Disney hotel rooms that cause this reaction?

Each person that rides DME gets a little pass or coupon. They scan it before they allow you on the bus. Each person that gets on a bus has to have a coupon. And you can't get a coupon unless you are listed on a Disney resort reservation.

I do get indignant when people know they are doing something wrong, and yet ask about doing it anyway. If you have to pay for another room because you have too many people to fit honestly into one room, then you get another room. It isn't for anyone to decide if they like that rule or not. Just as it isn't left of us to decide if we want to pay to go into the parks or not. Disney's resorts, their rules. Don't like them, vacation elsewhere.

Disney won't turn a blind eye to people stuffing extra guests into their rooms. At some point they would be caught, and at the minimum fined heavily. And I'm sure none of us would like to have to pay even more for our vacations to cover that cost! At worst, the resort in question would be closed. Not to mention, can you imagine the hey day the media would have if it got out that Disney allowed people to put extra guests into their rooms? They would go on and on about how Disney cared more about having people spend money on-site than they did about their health and well being. It wouldn't be pretty.

Britt

I would just stay elsewhere : ) You dont want to risk having to pay for another room upfront like that or risk being told not to come back

stevehousse

Honestly how is anyone ever gonna know! People get away with this stuff all the time! Who cares! I wouldn't pay extra money for my infant if I didn't hAve too. Some people on here are such goody tooshoos!!! Do whatever u want, it's not like every single employee in te hotel knows how many peole r in every room off the top of their heads lol

CaptainShortty

Ok I think someone needs calm down OMG

Actually, everything they said is correct. As a resort CM I can promise you of that. Of course as they go on and get more extreme the likelyhood of them happening decrease exponentially. It is for safety, security and liability reasons that all guests must be on the reservation. This is true of not only Disney hotels but all hotels in general. If say, your infant has an accident or illness or something that causes you to have to sue WDW or ask for compensation beyond general gst service recovery, our gst claims department will say unfortunately they are not a WDW resort gst and they cannot do anything for you.

Not of course all of this stuff is, "if this happens", "if that happens" but, you have to ask yourself, "Is it a risk I want to take?".

That being said, the price only goes up if you buy a Magic Your Way Package, correct? I was trying it out to check. I recommend you book one of the suites at All-Star movies and then when you get to the hotel hard over to the concierge and purchase the tickets. You can purchase whichever tickets you want for whichever members of your party you want. The 2 year old does NOT need a ticket and will not need one to get into the parks at all along the trip. They will likely ask you how old the child is when you go through the turnstiles at the entrance and may ask the child (it prevents lying, kids are always honest!). As long as the child is really 2, you should be good to go!

WED99

If your really that determined to stay on property, just save for one more year. If you get told off or even just the anxiety of getting caught could ruin your kids trip. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom