info for how to get on "the list" for PIN codes

EllaMinnowPea

My sister and I have been working with a travel agent who is doing a fundraiser for my niece's school (she is autistic and goes to a special school in New York). The agent we are working with specializes in travel with autistic kids. Anyway, the agency sent out an email last week of where they found out some information on how to get on the mailing list for the special offers.

Here is what the email said:

In doing some research last week on things completely not Disney related my husband stumbled upon a piece of information that may just prove to be valuable to the Disney fans out there. One of the questions I hear most often is “how do you get on the list to get PIN code offers from Disney?” My answer has always been the same “I’m not sure…but be sure to request a vacation planning video!” What stumps everyone is when someone who has never visited Disney, never visited their web site, never called to ask about room rates, never requested a video…never even considered a Disney vacation, gets a coveted email or postcard PIN code. How did they get it? What list are they on? Well, this may just be the answer! Disney has apparently contracted with a company called Focalex to do “permission based direct marketing.” (click here to see their client list which includes Disney). After talking with them I’ve found out Focalex is one of those companies that provides email and mailing lists to companies looking to do direct marketing. They are very strict about only including names and addresses of people who have given them permission to do so and only on topics they request information on. When questioned on how they determine what names to submit I was told they will submit all names of people who request information the advertiser is marketing. It is up to the advertiser (in this case Disney) to determine which people to send to. I signed up for specific offers that Disney would include Disney and have not received any spam marketing to date.
If you would like to submit your information to Focalex, we have included information on our web site. I recommend only requesting information on vacation packages and theme parks (unless of course you see something else that interests you!) in order to prevent your information from being sent to too many companies. You can always set up a hotmail or yahoo email account just in case you start to receive spam emails. Just be sure it something you will remember to check when special offers are released for your travel dates! <O:p</O:p

Find the information on signing up on the discounts page of our web site.

I saw someone else had posted this on another board and said that she had signed up with this company a while ago and had received 3 or 4 emails with pins and 2 post cards with pins in the last 2 years. :) I've got my fingers crossed for some sort of offer before our trip this fall! I'd love to upgrade to a monorail resort!

Just thought I would pass that info along since I know I'm not the only one crossing my fingers and wishing upon a star for a discount! ;)

Ella<O:p</O:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom