Inferno Barge status

Father Robinson

Original Poster
This video was uploaded on November 19 and is titled (EPCOT IllumiNations show - November 2012)
The inferno barge is missing. Anyone know what happened and what the status of the barge is now?

wiigirl

The Inferno barge is fine and has been working all week.

Phew!
75.gif

Rob562

If the video was filmed the 18th, Inferno Barge didn't light though I think it was out there on the water, so probably just a 1-show glitch. It worked fine when we saw the show on the 12th.

-Rob

pipenut

If the video was filmed the 18th, Inferno Barge didn't light though I think it was out there on the water, so probably just a 1-show glitch. It worked fine when we saw the show on the 12th.

-Rob

Interesting. I can't say that I've heard that many instances of the inferno "misfiring" during a show. Even if it was a glitch, I have to give credit that this barge keeps working despite "blowing up" every single show, every single night.

While I know each barge undergoes a rather thorough inspection every day, does anyone know what kind of back-up systems WDW has in place? You know, to prevent something like the very first "meteor" from failing?

WDW Monorail

Interesting. I can't say that I've heard that many instances of the inferno "misfiring" during a show. Even if it was a glitch, I have to give credit that this barge keeps working despite "blowing up" every single show, every single night.

While I know each barge undergoes a rather thorough inspection every day, does anyone know what kind of back-up systems WDW has in place? You know, to prevent something like the very first "meteor" from failing?

The first comet is not likely to fail unless there is a bad e-match. An air launched comet was used on and off for the past 13 years and that was more prone to failing since the technology of Magic fire chips either within or outside of a shell or comet was not perfect.

Rob562

The first comet is not likely to fail unless there is a bad e-match. An air launched comet was used on and off for the past 13 years and that was more prone to failing since the technology of Magic fire chips either within or outside of a shell or comet was not perfect.

Which was one of the reasons the comet launcher was relocated from the UK to the America Gardens theater. They decided that firing the comet over a Guest area (even though the walkway was blocked off for the few minutes before and after the shot) was a bad risk.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom