Inferno barge missing from tonights IllumiNations

hpyhnt 1000

WHAT! :eek: What's going on here?! In the past couple days, I've already noticed that only half as many fireworks have been used, some torches aren't working, and now the Inferno Barge is missing?! I am not pleased by this news.:fork:

I sincerely hope that this is all in the name of tweaking the show to improve the timing of the fireworks and other effects.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
A bad night for IllumiNations from what I am told. No inferno barge, and none of the Earth Barge pyro fired, nor did the Earth barge open.

hpyhnt 1000

A bad night for IllumiNations from what I am told. No inferno barge, and none of the Earth Barge pyro fired, nor did the Earth barge open.

That sounds like a lot more than just a bad night. Sounds like things are beginning to reach that tipping point between functioning and failing.

I can understand the pyro being a little off, but when entire effects are faulty or missing altogether, that signals to me that basic maintainence is being sacrificed or forgotten. Either way, not good... :(

brkgnews

That sounds like a lot more than just a bad night. Sounds like things are beginning to reach that tipping point between functioning and failing.

I can understand the pyro being a little off, but when entire effects are faulty or missing altogether, that signals to me that basic maintainence is being sacrificed or forgotten. Either way, not good... :(
Or it could have possibly been a major snafu with show control computers.

No inside knowledge here, just figuring that if multiple elements are failing, it can be a control issue rather than an issue with individual devices.

MythBuster

Earth Globe has been repaired.

Inferno Barge is working partially should be fixed by tonight.

The fireworks supplier is in China, so I think they are sending everything by a REALLY slow boat from China. So the inventory is getting quite low, so they are starting to ration some products so it will last longer.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

The fireworks supplier is in China, so I think they are sending everything by a REALLY slow boat from China. So the inventory is getting quite low, so they are starting to ration some products so it will last longer.

Glad to hear it - thanks :)

wickedfan07

Perhaps the supplier is also backed up with orders for upcoming Olympic festivities? Hopefully they fill the order soon. What happens if Disney were to run out of fireworks? Is there a backup plan or does th show get cancelled until the order is filled?

EPCOT Explorer

Interesting...Is the Earth Barge refurb still set for Aug 16th?

WDW Monorail

Does RoE also use Sonny fireworks products? I know they also get material from USA and Italy.

Another thing, about 2 months worth of material is stored at the pyro compound, is it not? I remember a few years back when there was another shipping problem affecting Wishes' supply.

I've been trying to find out exactly what happened but I have yet to receive a response.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom