Indy vs Dinosaur

Indiana Jones Adventure vs Dinosaur?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I know it's been done before but I never get sick of comparing rides! Which is the better ride? Based on the overall experience of the attraction. DON'T BE BIASED!

maxresdefault.jpg
Indiana Jones Adventure

maxresdefault.jpg
Dinosaur

celluloid

I was disappointed with Indy. There is certainly a scale overall that is impressive but when it comes down to it, Dinosaur was just a better ride experienced for me. But there is always bias, because it is an opinion.

Something that is interesting is the height requirement difference that allows Dinosaur to be much more accessible. It may be because of situations that occurred and have now changed in the research and development years later in Countdown to Extinction or due to Cali/California's strict regulations on certain things. For being the exact same ride layout, I did not think Indy was any more rough in profile, but I know they have had more published situations with health and safety.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
no
I was disappointed with Indy. There is certainly a scale overall that is impressive but when it comes down to it, Dinosaur was just a better ride experienced for me. But there is always bias, because it is an opinion.

Something that is interesting is the height requirement difference that allows Dinosaur to be much more accessible. It may be because of situations that occurred and have now changed in the research and development years later in Countdown to Extinction or due to Cali/California's strict regulations on certain things. For being the exact same ride layout, I did not think Indy was any more rough in profile, but I know they have had more published situations with health and safety.
I know it's been done before but I never get sick of comparing rides! Which is the better ride? Based on the overall experience of the attraction. DON'T BE BIASED!

maxresdefault.jpg
Indiana Jones Adventure

maxresdefault.jpg
Dinosaur
no, there shouldn’t be any bias. i literally said to judge the rides from overall experience. it doesn’t matter but that wasn’t part of the rule. 😑

HonorableMention

Indy is objectively better in most categories, but I will always stand by Dinosaur. I was able to ride for the first time in years the other day and I thought it was fantastic. I love the horribly cheesy yet still funny preshow, and being an animatronics man I enjoy all of the dinosaurs when they work. The ride is dark for sure but not pitch black.

The ride would be better if it hadn’t been for budget cuts during construction and poor maintenance over the years. Honestly my largest issues are the ear-piercing audio and the lighting that sometimes reveals too much (Carno 1’s lift, Photo carno’s b-mode, etc)

I am very biased, but as anyone who has seen my post history knows, Dinosaur is very dear to me :)

cjkeating

I've said this before in other topics but after you exit the main room of Indy the rest of the ride is just a disappointment to me, it's just a series of corridors with ghost house style effects IMO which also goes for the room with the jeep lights on the wall illuminating the bugs. Also, the boulder reliability is terrible and when it doesn't work it is embarrassing.

rio

I've said this before in other topics but after you exit the main room of Indy the rest of the ride is just a disappointment to me, it's just a series of corridors with ghost house style effects IMO which also goes for the room with the jeep lights on the wall illuminating the bugs. Also, the boulder reliability is terrible and when it doesn't work it is embarrassing.

Ditto. I loved the que for Indy, but I thought Dinosaur had a better overall ride experience and story.

celluloid

An opinion by its nature, includes bias. The original post asks which one feels is better in experience. Judging an experience is an opinion. Even when presenting it as "overall experience" Experiences differ between person to person or even different individual experiences of the times they rode that attraction.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Indy wins, because of immersion alone. I believe Dinosaur could be much more immersive (it could match or surpass Indy in that regard), and this is the ride’s main flaw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom