Indy Rumor

Goofster

I think it mostly has to do with the upcoming Indiana Jones IV movie. But still, if this winters Indy trilogy DVD release and the new movie do well, I'd expect an indy ride at the studios.

Favrefire4

I'm not gonna say how I know and I'm not gonna say this is definate but all I'll say is that even with the new movie do not count at all on an Indy ride at MGM. I'm not gonna explain, thats all im gonna say.

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by Favrefire4
I'm not gonna say how I know and I'm not gonna say this is definate but all I'll say is that even with the new movie do not count at all on an Indy ride at MGM. I'm not gonna explain, thats all im gonna say.

Sorry, but I just HAVE to do this...

By the way you talk, it makes me wonder if you aren't part of the Disney Mafia... :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k

imagineer boy

Well, it doesn't matter if the movie does bad or not. THey can always make the ride before the movie. Star Tours is in need of a rehab and won't happen until the last prequal because the new prequals are exploring new wolds that Star Tours doesn't mention. You get what I mean. Indy on the other hand, doesn't follow along the movies as much as Star Tours does, because it is all of the Indy movies combind together with Disney chipped in. It has many elements from the movies, but a few made up things. Besides, they can always add new scenes into the ride. BTW, does any one have a picture of an airial shot of MGM, so I can possibly think about where they could put the ride?

Goofster

That is where it was planned to be put, in the parking lot, that is. Behind the current stunt show. And I was not referring to any tie in to the movie in the ride, but I was just saying see how the movie performs, and Disney can see if it's worth investing more money in the indy brand, obviously, though, the movie's gonna be huge.

no2apprentice

I haven't heard or seen, yet, but is George Lucas involved with the next Indy movie? If he is, that could complicate another Indy ride going in anywhere. George doesn't seem too keen on Disney lately.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by TaborDude
Sorry, but I just HAVE to do this...

By the way you talk, it makes me wonder if you aren't part of the Disney Mafia... :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

j/k

why you laughin? you see me laughin? no. Tony aint laughin.
-if Tony needs to have you taken care of, Tony can have you taken care of. A word of advice; dont mess wit me or the mouse and nobody gets hurt -ya see? now just move along; nothing to see here people... now scram tabor boy! thats right....

...as for indy, i'd tell ya- but then i'd have to kill ya...

*lol- couldnt help myself! (and o ya, sorry, i dont know squat about indy!!)

Originally posted by no2apprentice
I haven't heard or seen, yet, but is George Lucas involved with the next Indy movie? If he is, that could complicate another Indy ride going in anywhere. George doesn't seem too keen on Disney lately.

Yep Lucas is producing, Spielberg is directing and Frank Darabont is writing. If you're not familiar with Frank Darabont, he wrote the screenplays and directed The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

Testtrack321

Indy @ MGM is one of those myths that leak out and people run with. Sure, it was thought of at WDI headquorters, but look at all the ideas they come up with that never get built! I doubt that Indy will get built in anyform at MGM.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by DarkMeasures
Wouldn't it just be better to rehab Dinosaur into something better than build the Indiana Jones ride?

Well, I don't think so. Dinosaur is good, but believe me when I say the the Indy ride is really neat. It has more special effects and neat details. I won't matter that there are two EMV rides in WDW. Indy is alot more wild.

The_CEO

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Indy @ MGM is one of those myths that leak out and people run with. Sure, it was thought of at WDI headquorters, but look at all the ideas they come up with that never get built! I doubt that Indy will get built in anyform at MGM.

It will happen, its just a matter of time.

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by imagineersrock
why you laughin? you see me laughin? no. Tony aint laughin.
-if Tony needs to have you taken care of, Tony can have you taken care of. A word of advice; dont mess wit me or the mouse and nobody gets hurt -ya see? now just move along; nothing to see here people... now scram tabor boy! thats right....

...as for indy, i'd tell ya- but then i'd have to kill ya...

*lol- couldnt help myself! (and o ya, sorry, i dont know squat about indy!!)

LOL... thanks... you just made my night...

ToTBellHop

Indy is slowly becoming a staple thrill rides at each of the Resorts, just like the Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, most of the Magic Kingdom attractions, etc. Disney KNOWS that if they built this attraction, it would be VERY popular, so I see no reason why they shouldn't or couldn't build this attraction. Keep in mind, if they started building now, the new ride wouldn't open till 2005-6. MGM will certainly be due for another E-Ride by then, since it hasn't received one since 1999.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom