Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

erasure fan1

It looks cool. I was hoping for something 3rd person. But the more I think about it, tomb raider and uncharted out Indiana jonesed Indiana Jones a long time ago. So the first person aspect will really differentiate it from the others.

Indy_UK

Well I am on board.

The fact that it will just be added to Gamepass is awesome as we already have that in the household.

Mike S

Looks like we won’t need an Xbox anymore
I wonder if the Switch 2 will be capable enough for Panic Button to work their magic like they did with the latest Doom and Wolfenstein games. I’m guessing Indy will be using the same engine which was made to be incredibly scalable.

DisneyRoy

Looks like we won’t need an Xbox anymore
I wonder if the Switch 2 will be capable enough for Panic Button to work their magic like they did with the latest Doom and Wolfenstein games. I’m guessing Indy will be using the same engine which was made to be incredibly scalable.
Yup. I really think Xbox hardware is going to go the way of the Dreamcast eventually. And Microsoft just becomes a game publisher and GamePass exists for their distribution.

erasure fan1

Yup. I really think Xbox hardware is going to go the way of the Dreamcast eventually. And Microsoft just becomes a game publisher and GamePass exists for their distribution.
It's amazing the life that this whole thing has taken. I saw that the "business announcement" is going to be on Thursday. So I guess we'll know for sure then. I agree with you, if true, this is the first step to Microsoft becoming a 3rd party developer. They say they're committed to the hardware business, but unique experiences are what bring people to a console. Sony and Nintendo both understand that, that's why you won't find Mario, Zelda or uncharted on another console.

Mike S

It's amazing the life that this whole thing has taken. I saw that the "business announcement" is going to be on Thursday. So I guess we'll know for sure then. I agree with you, if true, this is the first step to Microsoft becoming a 3rd party developer. They say they're committed to the hardware business, but unique experiences are what bring people to a console. Sony and Nintendo both understand that, that's why you won't find Mario, Zelda or uncharted on another console.
If the sales aren’t there I could easily see Disney step in but we won’t hear about this game on Thursday. The ones I’ve seen talked about to be the most likely to show up are Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, and oddly enough Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Xbox had Halo but then messed that up consistently since 343 took over.

erasure fan1

If the sales aren’t there I could easily see Disney step in but we won’t hear about this game on Thursday. The ones I’ve seen talked about to be the most likely to show up are Hi-Fi Rush, Pentiment, Sea of Thieves, and oddly enough Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Yea, it's a bit early to really know, that's why how this exploded the way it did was so interesting. What I think is the funniest part of the whole thing, is how such a large amount of people think this will be good for Xbox. It might be good for Microsoft, but not for the Xbox brand. I'm actually really interested to see what happens on Thursday.

DisneyRoy

I've heard Starfield in that discussion too.

If we could get Halo on the Playstation...that would make my day.

Mike S

So according to Phil no Indiana Jones to other consoles. I’m still of the belief though that unless there’s an absolutely iron clad contract involved Disney will have no qualms pushing to strip the exclusivity status if sales disappoint.

erasure fan1

So according to Phil no Indiana Jones to other consoles. I’m still of the belief though that unless there’s an absolutely iron clad contract involved Disney will have no qualms pushing to strip the exclusivity status if sales disappoint.
The whole announcement was very carefully worded. They said only 4 games would be going over right now. Two of those games aren't starfield or Indy. They also said it's not a promise of more games to come. Every bit of what they said could be backed out pretty easily. They also said if the industry isn't growing, they HAVE to find new ways to make money. So if this is successful... I don't think the big AAA first party games will hit ps5 any time soon. But they for sure left the door open for them being timed exclusives on Xbox in the future. The only real definitive statement was Xbox would be the only console for gamepass. Even that was a bit muddled because the said Xbox would be the only place. But we know it's not leaving pc. I think what Microsoft really needs is to invest in a new PR department. They are just really bad at this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Mike S

The whole announcement was very carefully worded. They said only 4 games would be going over right now. Two of those games aren't starfield or Indy. They also said it's not a promise of more games to come. Every bit of what they said could be backed out pretty easily. They also said if the industry isn't growing, they HAVE to find new ways to make money. So if this is successful... I don't think the big AAA first party games will hit ps5 any time soon. But they for sure left the door open for them being timed exclusives on Xbox in the future. The only real definitive statement was Xbox would be the only console for gamepass. Even that was a bit muddled because the said Xbox would be the only place. But we know it's not leaving pc. I think what Microsoft really needs is to invest in a new PR department. They are just really bad at this kind of stuff.
Either way if it doesn’t come my consideration for Xbox as a second console to play this has flipped to a Steam Deck since now PlayStation will be pushing more games to PC.
Best of both worlds! 😂

erasure fan1

Either way if it doesn’t come my consideration for Xbox as a second console to play this has flipped to a Steam Deck since now PlayStation will be pushing more games to PC.
Best of both worlds! 😂
Yea I get that. I was actually thinking more about getting the rog ally. That way, like you said, best of both worlds. But you can then play gamepass natively instead of cloud stream.

Mike S

Yea I get that. I was actually thinking more about getting the rog ally. That way, like you said, best of both worlds. But you can then play gamepass natively instead of cloud stream.
I’d buy and download my games plus from the small amount of research I’ve done the Steam Deck is the easiest to get into if you’re not already a PC Gamer. This would only be a secondary machine to me so I’m not interested in a subscription for it. I don’t even subscribe to Nintendo! 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom