In room celebrations

WDW_Princess24

Headed to WDW on the 9the for a long weekend to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. I would like to have a little surprise for him and was wondering if anyone has ever done an in room celebration before? Any feedback or suggestions would be great!

maryszhi

i would look on the Disney florist website for the selections that they offer. they have pictures and descriptions as well. i had a surprise once this past December when i came back to the room there was a stuff mickey mouse balloons happy birthday balloons, ribbon, and a card. it was so cute i still have one of the deflated happy birthday balloons, the card, and the stuff mickey and warm memories.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We've used the Disney Florist many times & have never been disappointed (neither have the recipients!). We usually order from the Unique Designs section and remember that you can ask for what you want & not just from the packages available.

Upvote 0

71dsp

We did it this last time. Everything was pretty good, and my son liked the stuff quite a bit. There were only a couple of items of complaint. One was that they stuck a Tinkerbell silhouette on the picture frame that was not part of the frame. When my wife went to remove it (carefully), it pulled off some of the finish on the frame (frame was wood). She called, and they replaced the frame, no questions asked. The other was that my wife asked that they put our names and the year on the Mickey ears, which they did (and it came out pretty good), but on the autograph book, they put "Welcome [son's name] 2012! ... Your Disney Pals, Mickey, etc. etc." or something to that effect on the personalized message from Mickey. I figured that they must have some kind of form that they fill out, and the CM must have put our names and the years for the ears, so they used the same line item for the autograph book. No big deal, but we thought that something worded like that should have raised a flag with the person filling out the autograph book. I'm sure they have to do quite a few of these a day, so they likely don't question it and fill everything out exactly as the form shows.

Other than that, the balloons, stuffed animals, etc. were all very nice and my son was very excited.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

I absolutely LOVE the in-room celebrations. We did the "Big Birthday Wish" package (the one that doesn't even have a price listed on the site) for my son's 3rd birthday. The price wasn't as bad as you'd think (I can't quote it because I don't remember) and it was definitely worth it. Now, I will say that I think had we been in a bigger room it'd be a little nicer but we were at ASMo so everything was kinda stuffed in. DS6 loved opening every package from each of the characters and associating the gifts with what they were (i.e. pluto gave a dog bowl etc.).

Upvote 0

GoochDSA

I have been looking into this myself for my DW Bday when we go back in Novemeber. Just a suggestion, you may want to look at "Memories by Betsy;" I have only heard good things about this company and the pricing seems to be a little bit better. They have all sorts of gift baskets and they will deliver to WDW.

http://www.memoriesbybetsy.com/mbb/index.php

Good luck.

I looked into Disney Florist when I was planning my proposal to my now fiancee. I found them to be a bit difficult to work with. It took a long time to get responces from them and they don't let you really creat or change any of their packages. They were a tad bit pushy for my taste and cared more about the sale than working with me to get what I was looking for. They can be pretty costly and based on their service, I just couldn't justify their cost.

While I was trying to get answers from Disney Florist, I took the time to contact Betsy from Memories by Betsy. She was fantastic. She was very quick in responces (I had to do most of this via e-mail since I lived with my fiancee before I proposed). We had some nice conversation about our trip. She helped me create a great basket to use to propose to my fiancee. What she will do is talk to you a bit about your DBF, things he likes about Disney, characters, etc. Then she will give you ideas on the type of basket she can do for him and will help you customize it however you want. She can add just about anything that is available in any store on WDW property and your cost is the cost of those items plus a few dollars for her fee to put it together for you. For example, I proposed to my fiancee this past October. Betsy made a basket that had Jack and Sally plush dolls, on top of a Mickey Trick or Treat bin with a ghost lanyard. Inside the bin was a 5" glass slipper that said "Let's Live Happily Ever After" on it. She paired the basket with a beautiful bouquet of fall flowers. I think in the end I spend a little over $200, most of which was the glass slipper. Since we were staying CL at AKL I was able to arrange for the basket and flowers to be waiting for us in our room when we checked in (if you are not staying CL the basket can be delivered to your room any time after you check in). It was exactly what I had in mind. I can't speak highly enough of Betsy and will be sure to use her again.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

We used the Disney florist for my parents last year. We sent them engraved Mickey ears, a gift card, and two tshirts. They loved it and was totally worth it. We also celebrated our anniversary there last year and had a bottle of champagne, two glasses, and a rose sent to our room. There is so much out there to do, just ask.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom