in my haste to book night FP+, lost my day at MK

ChrissyBethS

Original Poster
We are taking our 5 year old for her first ever Disney trip, first time my husband or I have gone since we were kids ourselves.

I wanted to start the trip in the MK, see princesses galore, but then when trying to book Fantasmic! at night, learned you can't do that and keep the MK FP+ in the morning. What do you suggest? Our original plan is to hit the parks early, pool for the afternoon, dinner, then hopefully back someplace for night time shows/rides.

Do I stick in Hollywood Studios on Day One? or go to MK?

wilkeliza

We are taking our 5 year old for her first ever Disney trip, first time my husband or I have gone since we were kids ourselves.

I wanted to start the trip in the MK, see princesses galore, but then when trying to book Fantasmic! at night, learned you can't do that and keep the MK FP+ in the morning. What do you suggest? Our original plan is to hit the parks early, pool for the afternoon, dinner, then hopefully back someplace for night time shows/rides.

To be honest there is absolutely no reason for Fantasmic fp+. If you have another HS day for Toy Story and the shows etc then switch back to your original plan and use the first morning for MK.

When are you taking your daughter? That will decide when you need to get in line for Fantasmic and if you think she would make it for a later show if it is during peak season.

wilkeliza

I still think you don't need to book the Fantasmic FP before hand. We were there just last weekend and on a Saturday wanted to hop over to DHS for Fantasmic. At 5 in the afternoon we were able to add 6 for the 10:30 pm show. Although it did get cancelled due to rain anyways.

cw1982

I would do FPs at the MK that morning and get a Fantasmic dining package for the afternoon/evening. That way you don't need a FP for Fantasmic.

ETA : we too got last minute fastpasses for the second show, but I wasn't sure if you'd want to do that with a little one with it being so late.

ninjaprincesst

I would just go to Fantasmic without a fastpass, on our last trip in March I didn 't see that the fastpass helped that much. Just go to the second show and you will be fine.

KatMaria

You don't really need a fp for Fantasmic. Just go to the second show and you'll be fine. The first show is always the one that is packed and has tons of people, second one isn't that packed at all. Definitely use those fp for princesses, Anna and Elsa for sure if they like Frozen! Those lines can get pretty high in the summer so you'll get more for your time if you make fp for them instead of Fantasmic.

JohnD

There are four ways to see Fantasmic:
1. Just show up and wait in line.
2. Fantasmic Dinner Package
3. FP+ as one of your first three (all need to be in HS)
4. After exhausting your first three and/or after scheduling your LAST FP+ at a kiosk in MK, schedule your next FP+ for Fantasmic in HS, if available.

If #s 2 and 3 are not options, and if you were going to show up and wait, there is no harm in trying to schedule a FP+ for it at a kiosk after your last FP+ of the day in MK. If it's available, you score your FP+s. If not, you were going to show up anyway.

ChrissyBethS

Original Poster
Thanks for info. I can't imagine being up for 10:30 show, but I know we'll be on Disney time so all things are possible!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom