Improved iOS edition of 'My Disney Experience' app set to launch soon

afar28

Well with the full magic band layout nearly hear I guess this is a good thing. The only thing I don't like is disney is assuming everyone has a smart phone. Most people do but the people without one are being left out

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I was never able to make any changes on my iPhone on our last trip it was taking so long and then would just get an error. It was faster for me to text my TA and have her make the FP+ changes on her computer for me.

msteel

As I recall, the last app update came just before the rollout of new features. Perhaps "testing" is almost over?

orky8

Well with the full magic band layout nearly hear I guess this is a good thing. The only thing I don't like is disney is assuming everyone has a smart phone. Most people do but the people without one are being left out

And by being left out, you mean Disney is installing kiosks everywhere that offer the same functionality? People without smart phones are leaving themselves out of the conveniences smart phones offer, which is their decision.

GetAPaperBag

47937-28083.gif

Define "soon"

dreamfinder

You go after your largest user base first, and then slowly go after the smaller segments. Kinda like how they have full racks of park maps in English, and then smaller piles in French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, German, etc, but I don't think I have ever seen on in Sanskrit, Latin, Tamil or Malay (the latter two in use in at least 4 countries globally according to Wikipedia) Gartner estimates that the number of smart phone in use will pass the number of PCs in use globally in the first half of 2014 (Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/number-of-smartphones-tablets-pcs-2013-12). Using those numbers, roughly 1 out of 5 people globally has a smart phone, and I'd wager that many who don't aren't in WDW's core demographic. (People living in sub Saharan Africa and the like)

AlohaAnnie

I have heard it suggested you can get a resale on an inexpensive itouch instead of a smartphone. They connect to wireless in the parks and are can carry the MDE app. Just a suggestion.

I am looking forward to the update, I hope it fixes a few irritating glitches like reservations being an hour behind on my app for our upcoming trip 3/28.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom