Imagining Disney animatronics with masks

91JLovesDisney

I think it's important to remember the events as COVID-19, simply because it is a significant event in our history that we had to work hard to overcome. However, I think that Disney parks stand for trying to make you forget about your problems and the outside world, and will do their best to take precautions as subtly as they can.

MickeyLuv'r

Original Poster
I think it's important to remember the events as COVID-19, simply because it is a significant event in our history that we had to work hard to overcome. However, I think that Disney parks stand for trying to make you forget about your problems and the outside world, and will do their best to take precautions as subtly as they can.

Should Disney keep the Coco display in the Mexico pavilion?

What are your thoughts on Universal's Halloween Horror Nights? Should those be kept the same, modified, or put or hold?

The Empress Lilly

Infallible EPCOT Center was already 2020.

World of Motion shows the history of facemasked employees preventing unmasked passengers from boarding public transport. While forcing them to maintain social distance.

1412f57e0.jpg

91JLovesDisney

Should Disney keep the Coco display in the Mexico pavilion?

What are your thoughts on Universal's Halloween Horror Nights? Should those be kept the same, modified, or put or hold?
First question:
I remember when I spotted that display. I thought it felt a little slapped together, maybe a bit of a space filler. I know I'm being super helpful by not knowing whatsoever what they should put there (lol), but maybe they could make it a bit more interesting, or have something to do with the Three Caballeros. Unfortunately I think we all know they are going to replace Gran Fiesta Tour with something Coco related :(. This makes me sad, mostly because I love the Panchito, Jose, and Donald animatronics towards the end of the ride so much. Disney doesn't make many detailed cartoon character animatronics like that, unless you count their projection-face method as seen on Frozen Ever After. Anyways once Gran Fiesta Tour undergoes its inevitable renovation, maybe the Coco display will seem a bit more related to the area.

Second question: Not much of a Universal person, but from my Six Flags Fright Fest experience, I think the holiday should be outlawed altogether. Jk. :p

Edit: I really don't want GFT to be renovated btw, but if it is I understand Disney's decision to do so, and the ride has had a good run.

MickeyLuv'r

Original Poster
91JLovesDisney, your response is helpful.
I guess I was partly asking from the earlier thread discussion. Will Coco now remind visitors of the pandemic?

Or for that matter, if WDW will continue to sell shirts with skulls in the PotC gift shop? Maybe they won't remind people of the pandemic, because they've always been there. I don't have an answer for that, just the question.

I have mixed feelings about the Mexico ride; I liked the original version of the ride. The original version reminded me of the even older, "If You had Wings," and I had just about learned the lyrics of the original Mexico ride song when they went and changed it. The Three Caballeros characters are fun though. The parks don't have enough Donald. While I'm not eager to have the ride changed again, I'm fine seeing the characters, and a Coco revision might improve the ride. It think the opening of the ride does a great job of making us feel like we have really been transported to a different place. I like the dark night sky, the dark water, and the volcano in the distance...but after that the ride theming skips around a bit. It is part travel commercial, part small world, part characters singing.

Back on topic, the current Coco lobby display wouldn't make me personally think of the pandemic, I don't think. or at least not in a negative way.

I have a feeling all kinds of Halloween events will be quite a bit different this fall.

91JLovesDisney

Am I missing something? What about Coco would remind guests about COVID-19? That they're dead people? I'm not being sarcastic I just don't understand XD

Edit: Oh is it because the display is Coco's family honoring their passed away family members? I guess that could potentially remind people. It didn't occur to me though! :D

Second edit: Ok I've read your reply a bit more thoroughly now, and I have a reply. There have been events like this in the world prior to COVID-19, and I think outlawing skulls and the idea of death in Disney parks would be ridiculous. If I had known someone who passed away from the virus (which I don't,) I would obviously be sympathetic for them and their family, but walking into a souvenir shop and seeing a t-shirt with a human skull printed on it wouldn't make me even think of that person, let alone make me think of the pandemic. Skulls are a part of pirates, and fully removing all images of them from the attraction would just be absurd. If anyone were to complain about seeing skulls and it making them uncomfortable about COVID-19, they shouldn't be riding pirates in the first place. I think at most, they might remove the Coco display just because of the skulls, and children possibly misunderstanding the meaning of it, but certainly not from pirates. That's just my opinion, sorry I misunderstood the question the first time. :D

Last edited:

mf1972

so when the ghost host mentions there’s 999 happy haunts here, but there’s always room for 1000...any volunteers?? is that my cue to remove my mask? 🤔

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom