Imagineer99's "WOW, it's over already?" Trip Report

Well, folks, I'm back from my yearly weekend trip to WDW...so here's a brief, pictorial trip report (no need to bore everyone with the gory details). As a note, all pictures are of low quality for those 56kers.

-I finally got to go on Soarin'. It's a nice ride, but it could be so much better. The transitions between scenes are just not appropriate. The effects are minimal at best.
The scents were not working and I feel more sensory stuff would be appropriate. How about feeling cold during the skiing scenes? How about feeling warmth from the jets' slipstream? The idea is great, the execution, not so much.
I rode twice, the first time was awful, as I was low and could see the edge of the screen. Totally ruined the effect. Unless you're in the middle, the show is much less fun. Nevertheless, the attraction is HELLA popular. People flock to it. It held long waits my entire 3 day trip.
soarin.jpg

-Enough ranting. Finally got to see Turtle Talk with Crush (AWESOME experience!). Amazingly I've never seen the films in China and France. I caught them both and was very impressed (especially by the french one). Heck, it was more effective than Soarin' at times.

-IllumiNations is my favorite thing at Disney...PERIOD. I could just see this show and be happy. The music rocks. Everything rocks. If I only had a tripod...:(
globe.jpg

-Oh, I love EPCOT at night. It's BEAU-TEE-FUL!
sunset.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom