IMAGINATION! Discoveries!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Well, folks, everyone's (or several people) have wondered, "how in tarnation do the Imagination ride tracks work??!" I believe all has been solved. I will be posting a map of the old ride here:

Attachments

• imaginationold.jpg
    imaginationold.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 489

General Grizz

Original Poster
New Attraction

DID YOU KNOW??

1. The big yellow wall in the queue of Imagination covers up the other side of the staircase?
2. The Dr. Nigel Channing portrait, Inventors Hall, and other queue portions wall covers the old load and unload area.
3. When walking down the hallway to enter the ride, the walls on our right pass by the Sound Lab and computer hall.
4. The load area for the current attraction was the "Oh, there are so many places to dream about" and "arrow section" of the old Imagination ride, which lead to the finale.
5. The current video screens (30 second introuction) took up the space of the "giant star" which lead to the Finale in the old Imagination.
6. The old finale is now covered up with black space and speakers.
7. Where Figment gives his train effect, that was part of the unload. New track connected it to the "cloud introduction" section of the old ride.
8. The Sight Lab has old track (cloud exit on one side, dreamport enter on the other) and new track (connects the two). This blocks off the old turntable introduction.
9. The Birdcage and smell labs take up the old Dreamport scene.
10. The two doors (Dream and Laugh Labs) take up the old, magnificent pollage. THAT is sad.
11. If we were to destroy the wall after this across from the Touch and Taste Labs, it would reveal the area where the animal carousel used to be.
12. After leaving the Touch and Taste lab area and the arrows section, we enter new track. The old track, which consists of the entire Mystery Story/Letter/Monster/Brand New Show is now blocked off and is used as maintence area or empty space.
13. The open house new track connects to the what about science? section, which now has Figment footprints lit up on the wall.
14. The What about Science? turn room is now half-used by the screens where we stop for the finale. The other half is used for the other half of "FIgment's Imagination" finale, where we see the builder, rainbow, etc.
15. The section where we would see the animated Figment (weeeee! SFX), and a little before, and after, is used as the Moon Scene Finale (one little spark).
16. The unload is right before we heard Figment and Dreamfinder talk about "how many places there are to dream about:.

The rest of the pavilion not used by empty space is Image Works and gift shop.

Hope this helped everyone! COOL, HUH? Sad, too...

Attachments

• imagination1.jpg
    imagination1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 482

General Grizz

Original Poster
I know it may be tedious, but it really helps to read the facts - think -that whole marvelous scene were Dreamfinder painted the giant Pollage mural - it's replaced by just a wall with two doors!! :eek:

TinkerBell9988

That's just sad and wrong.....

grizz, where is your avatar from? Your other one was sad, the one w/ Figment in the castle all locked up :(

General Grizz

Original Poster
That picture was taken about two weeks ago at EPCOT. You do know that the Figment in the new ride isn't the REAL Figment right? Look at his attitude! But since that saddened you, I changed the avatar to Figment saying goodbye to Dreamfinder on Ocobter 1998 when the final ride to JII was done. If you go backstage, you will see an arrow with Figment's name on it. It leads you to an area behind the Land. When exiting one of the greenhouses, there is a small laboratory (and a castle) with Figment in it. Dreamfinder is somewhere with Mr. Toad having tea in prison, I think. I'll have to find him...

Actually, they come from a Dreamfinder School of Drama episode, but I still think Figment's still locked in a castle!!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Another thing we must remember is that the entire upstairs isn't being used either. :( (Only for CM training). The Image Works is being gutted up there...but if you're a lucky CM, you can try playing the Electronic Philharmonic!

mmartin2x

That picture was taken about two weeks ago at EPCOT. You do know that the Figment in the new ride isn't the REAL Figment right?

The people who were in my entourage with me when we went to wdw (aka my parents) didn't understand my hatred for the new ride, which was for this very reason. Figment is loud and obnoxious; people asked for Figment back in the ride, and apparently the imagineers thought it would please everyone if they made his prescence obvious to every living organism within fifty yards. Maybe they thought it would get people back in the ride, but the problem is that unless you've ridden the very first incarnation of the ride, you have no idea what Figment is or what his relation is to Disney at all.

The ride still has a zero minute wait.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Yeah, I was a fan of the new ride originally, but after a while, it struck me. This is better than JIYI, however, I am finding myself watch the JIYI video more and more for some reason! I think Dreamfinder needs to come back

...and Figment.

bearboysnc

It makes my sick to my stomach to think of all the stuff they ripped out of there :(

But it is interesting to see the re-use!

THANKS GRIZZ!

Horizons1

Wow, I had no idea that so much had been changed on the track,thats a good find but sad,and what adds to the sadness is my favorite ride closed on my birthday:( Some Present.

There won't be a next version!

Sorry, but this new version has been getting good reviews--I, for one, like the new version--it brought some whimsy back into Epcot and it does (to at least a small extent) capture the spirit of the original Imagination attraction.

It has more references to the old ride and the "One Little Spark" song is back, along with our beloved purple pal.

I feel that the Imagineers put more effort (and "imagination") into this re-re-do!

I do agree, however, that Figment's personality is different--he's certainly a feistier fellow now.

General Grizz

Original Poster
People liked the old ride, also. But remember, EPCOT's Future World is a park where you can bet big bucks that every attraction (yep, one day Test Track) will get hung. Not necessarily theme wise. Every pavilion (minus Horizons) has had a change (if had a change) with the same theme.

Imagination! will change - be it ten years or twenty.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
People liked the old ride, also. But remember, EPCOT's Future World is a park where you can bet big bucks that every attraction (yep, one day Test Track) will get hung. Not necessarily theme wise. Every pavilion (minus Horizons) has had a change (if had a change) with the same theme.

yep! i agree! and it will be yet another sad day for me when TT gets the boot! :(

" It makes my sick to my stomach to think of all the stuff they ripped out of there"
me too, bearboysnc. me too. :cry:

cm1988

The deluge

Originally posted by grizzlyhall

I wonder when they'll get around to replacing the intro to the Living Seas. "it rained... and it rained... and it rained... The deluge"

Sounds like the weather report for June 2002, in Florida.:)

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: The deluge

Originally posted by cm1988

I wonder when they'll get around to replacing the intro to the Living Seas. "it rained... and it rained... and it rained... The deluge"

Sounds like the weather report for June 2002, in Florida.:)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i liked that video like 10 years ago! but ever since the first time i watched it, i've dreaded going into Living Seas for that reason...i mean, i guess it's a cool video, but GEEZ! EVERYTIME you want to go in there?! they should have it where you can skip it....but then i guess they'd have like 2 people watching it...if that many.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom