I'm Too Excited to Sleep!

Princess Belle

Original Poster
Hey everyone! :)We are leaving for WDW in exactly ONE week!:sohappy: The last time we were there was May of 2006 and this year we are returning with my 6, 8, & 18 year old cousins my 16 year old brother, mom, aunt and grandma....we are BIG WDW people (esp. me, mom and grandma!) Any information on anything new, interesting, or "off the beaten path" would be greatly appreciated! A few things we plan on TRYING to do is wake up tinkerbell and find hidden paintbrushes on Tom's island (has anyone ever done this?) and we're also celebrating TWO birthdays (6 & 44) so I would LOVE any ideas, pics, or stories! (especially you guys just returning from your trips!)
THANKS!!!!!!:king:

tnemgif

Finding the paintbrushes on Tom Sawyer Island will get you a fastpass for your whole group to BTM/Splash Mountain. I found one last year in one of the caves.

cooleo

First off, Welcome!!! :wave:

You definitely need to get Birthday pins at the Guest Services when you enter the park. They are available at all parks & I think you can also get them at your resort. They write the b'day person's name on the badge & CM's (and guests) will be constantly wishing them Happy Birthday. CM's will occasionally give them little surprises in various places, but this is pretty random. Make sure the b'day boy/girl wears them every day of your trip. You can also get one that says "1st Trip" for any first timers. These are all free.

Get to MK early & watch the "Morning Opening Celebration" if you have never done that. Here is a link in case you've never seen it. Magic Kingdom Morning Opening
And if you plan on trying to wake Tinkerbell, you need to be first against the rope before they drop it & you will need to double time it to Fantasyland because people are very quick about getting there.

Good Luck & Have Fun!!!!! Sleep Well. :lol:

Laura

If you want to hunt for paintbrushes make sure you're on the first boat over. We got there about 15 minutes after it opened and they'd already been found.

Fun2BFree

If you want something cool and unique, try one of the many tours that Disney offer, like the Keys to the Kingdom tour which takes you backstage and into MK's utilidors. Many of the tours are 16 ages plus, and a full list with details can be found here: http://www.wdwmagic.com/tours.htm

DizneyPryncess

If you want the whole scoop on finding TSI paintbrushes, check out my blog. I did this in March, it was really fun - there's pictures of the fastpass you get, & the paintbrush too. Make sure you get on one of the first rafts over! If you have any questions about, just PM me, I'm happy to talk about it! :D

As others said, get birthday pins at City Hall. Any reservations you make, tell them you're celebrating a birthday, you never know what'll happen! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom