I'm stuck having to decide between doing Osbourn Lights or SpectroMagic.. helP!

ssidiouss@mac.c

I just don't see anyway around it.. i'm going to have to decide between seeing either SpectroMagic or Osborne Lights on our next disney trip this december :(

We are taking our two moms who never seen disney world and want to make the best impression. We have a night planned in Magic Kingdom and will be seeing the Xmas parade at night.. but from what I seen it doesn't compare to SpectroMagic so we were planning on cutting our night short in MGM to return to Magic Kingdom later in the week to see SpectroMagic. Theres just now way we will be able to do both.. we will have to choose one or the other.

If if was you and you were taking someone who never been to disney world before for the holidays.. would you choose to do SpectroMagic or Osborne LIghts?

Ughhh :brick:

Tim G

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
I just don't see anyway around it.. i'm going to have to decide between seeing either SpectroMagic or Osborne Lights on our next disney trip this december :(

We are taking our two moms who never seen disney world and want to make the best impression. We have a night planned in Magic Kingdom and will be seeing the Xmas parade at night.. but from what I seen it doesn't compare to SpectroMagic so we were planning on cutting our night short in MGM to return to Magic Kingdom later in the week to see SpectroMagic. Theres just now way we will be able to do both.. we will have to choose one or the other.

If if was you and you were taking someone who never been to disney world before for the holidays.. would you choose to do SpectroMagic or Osborne LIghts?

OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! -OSBORNE LIGHTS!!!

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Corrus said:
OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! - OSBORNE LIGHTS!!! -OSBORNE LIGHTS!!!

I concur.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

Although I have yet to see the Osborne lights- I would chose that over spectromagic- just because of all the great things I have heard about it and although spectromagic is nice- it's not "fantastic" in my opinon.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I concur with Osborne Lights. It's great for bringing a fmaily together. Beautiful lights, great Christmas carols, falling snow, cookies and hot chocolate, and funny streetmosphere characters.

Spectro is great too, but the Lights are extra special. My two grandmothers loved them and will talk about them before they do "the light parade."

It is such a beautiful setting, a def. Disney cannot miss.

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

If you only make one, I would choose the Osborne Lights - (you can see spectromagic any time of year). But if at all possible, I would try to work things out so that you can see both. I own a cheerleading gym and each year I take children who have never been. I make it my mission to be sure they experience everything. I know this is important for your two mothers also. Good luck in getting your itinerary scheduled. I will help if possible.

Niki

Upvote 0

hcswingfield

Sorry to be the lone wolf here, but I would vote for the parade. The Osborne lights are not the spectacal they used to be, now that the area they are in has been vastly reduced due to the new show where the back lot used to be. The traffic flow last year was poorly planned, and the experience was quite frustrating for such a small display.

Upvote 0

Huggups

ssidiouss@mac.c said:

They are both good but given the option I would definitely choose Osborne Lights over Spectromagic. Particularly since they are only shown during the holidays. :xmas:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Corrus said:

Yeah now your cooking.

Upvote 0

rshell68

hcswingfield said:
Sorry to be the lone wolf here, but I would vote for the parade. The Osborne lights are not the spectacal they used to be, now that the area they are in has been vastly reduced due to the new show where the back lot used to be. The traffic flow last year was poorly planned, and the experience was quite frustrating for such a small display.

Sorry, gotta agree with hscwingield here. With the demise of "Residential Street" and having to move them I didn't enjoy the lights as much as I had in the past. The snow is a cool effect but don't they do that at the MK during the Christmas parade? Plus love the Spectromagic music....On this magic night....heehee

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

rshell68 said:
Sorry, gotta agree with hscwingield here. With the demise of "Residential Street" and having to move them I didn't enjoy the lights as much as I had in the past.

I agree, having seen both versions. However, this subpar setting for the Lights is still better than watching SpectroMagic. The Lights are both festive and magical, despite being in a poorly planned area of the park. The congestion was extreme and the layout was tricky. It was def. more frustrating now that the Lights are off of Residential Street, but still worth seeing as a highlight of any Disney Christmas!

Here's hoping the Lights dont merely get draped on buildings and facades anymore in future years, but rather go back to houses in a small town residential community.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom